• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Which Western Publisher x Nintendo collaboration are you most looking forward to?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't even seen this game yet. You know nothing about it except that it contains Rabbids, Mario characters and it's a turn based RPG. Don't jump to a biased conclusion yet.

Sorry but history doesn't give me reasons to be excited:
Last Mario RPGs had a lot of flaws. Last Rabbids games... well...
So mixing both series which are at their lowest, for a launch title... I think I have legitimate reasons to not be excited.

VLQ

great choice for your treasure ip, nintendo, lol
xR7uHry.png

EVH

That's your fault for not playing the superior Mario & Luigi series. :V

I played them. First was fantastic and loved it but the one with the babies was such a fucking chore and dissapointment, so I actually stopped there. AlphaDream made a good series that went to shit fast.

Still, if this game is actually an UbiArt 2D game I could see it with better eyes, knowing that Ubi also did the South Park games.

Neiteio

The hardest part to believe is actually that Nintendo would launch a 3D Mario and a Mario RPG on the same system and the same day

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sorry but history doesn't give me reasons to be excited:
Last Mario RPGs had a lot of flaws. Last Rabbids games... well...
So mixing both series which are at their lowest, for a launch title... I think I have legitimate reasons to not be excited.

Rabbids is not a game genre, they are just characters. The quality of a game depends a lot on the genre. Last Rabbids games were different genres. More stupid genres. Last Mario RPG was developped by someone else. The RPGs developed by Ubisoft lately are pretty damn good.

It's also the first cross-IP developed game between Ubisoft and Nintendo. I'm pretty sure none of them wants to make a garbage out of this collaboration.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
great choice for your treasure ip, nintendo, lol

The Rabbids characters were still the best part about those games. This isnt a mini-game collection so i dont quite get your point.

Randomizer

I played them. First was fantastic and loved it but the one with the babies was such a fucking chore and dissapointment, so I actually stopped there. AlphaDream made a good series that went to shit fast.

Still, if this game is actually an UbiArt 2D game I could see it with better eyes, knowing that Ubi also did the South Park games.
You missed out on M&L3: Bowser's Inside Story is the best Mario RPG in years. The latest two were not so good unfortunately.

Rabbids is not a game genre, are just characters. The quality of a game depends a lot on the genre. Last Rabbids games were different genres. More stupid genres. Last Mario RPG was developped by someone else. The RPGs developed by Ubisoft lately are pretty damn good.

It's also the cross-IP developed game between Ubisoft and Nintendo. I'm pretty sure none of them wants to make a garbage out of this collaboration.

Rabbids isn't a game genre. It's an IP. A low tier IP for Ubisoft, which featured in low quality, developped by C teams. Last Mario RPGs were overseen by Nintendo's bad decisions for a Mario RPG, aka "no new characters" "light story".
Which RPGs were developped by Ubisoft lately ? South Park was Obsidian, Child of Light was Ubisoft Montréal.

So... unless Nintendo developps it, with a new focus OR unless Ubisoft Montréal or Montpellier developps it, with a different focus too, aka interesting combat system, charming story and such...
I expect it to be on the same level as Mario and Sonic games.

random25

For those skeptical about this, most if not all of the latest collaborations of Nintendo with other companies have been pretty good. Hyrule Warriors and Smash 4 have been pretty great collaboration works with KT and Bamco respectively. So I'm giving this a chance, assuming it's real.

orioto

Good Art™
Hmmm wait, that was the perfect ip crossover for a party game. Where is your party game Nintendo.

I mean i have nothing against a 100% gamer launch but.. You need to sell some of this to.

Well ok..

TrueBlue

The South Park game was often compared to Paper Mario, right? Child of Light also got a decent reception, didn't it?

Cautiously optimistic. It's so crazy that it might work.

Hoping for a Rayman cameo!

Super checked out of this if true. Wouldn't buy a Switch at launch, would wait for Zelda and Smash. The rabbids are trash and this is honestly a really bad look imo. They can't even get a proper Rahman crossover, just the garbage Wii Party Rayman spinoff.

Bad vibes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If this is real, I hope there are several tracks following the style of Rabbids Go Home's OST, especially remixes of classic Mario themes.

Peléo

Unexpected, hopefully the game will turn out good. I personally like the rabbids and I believe they will mesh well with some of Mario enemies. Hearing they will focus on lesser known characters from the Mario franchise gives me Captain Rainbow vibes, which I like.

Hermii

Leaks, leaks and more leaks. This entire Conference will have leaked by the end of November :(

Damn you Emily Rogers, LKD, Ubisoft and Nintendo employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom