• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: 999

Grexeno

Alright, got the Sub Ending.

Everyone ded. And though I'm sure one of them is actually the killer, I can't figure out how they could possibly do it.

I went through door 4 instead of 5 this time, and I'm sort of disappointed Snake dies no matter what. I'm hoping there's a way to save him in the true ending.

I saw Seven being a cop from a mile away.

I'm pretty positive June killed the rabbits in middle school.

Man, getting Junpei to go through Door 3 involves turning him into a huge asshole doesn't it.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, got the Sub Ending.

Everyone ded. And though I'm sure one of them is actually the killer, I can't figure out how they could possibly do it.

I went through door 4 instead of 5 this time, and I'm sort of disappointed Snake dies no matter what. I'm hoping there's a way to save him in the true ending.

I saw Seven being a cop from a mile away.

I'm pretty positive June killed the rabbits in middle school.

Man, getting Junpei to go through Door 3 involves turning him into a huge asshole doesn't it.

This is fun. This will get to a point where you will stop saying you saw something from a mile away and instead say "aw shit, wut"

Jachaos

Can someone explain to me the solution to the "Experiment" in the
Torture Room?

Can't remember what that is. Does this help?

Use the sun key to unlock the manacles on the chair
Check the green monitor again. This triggers the following story segment:

[...]

After the story segment, do the puzzle on the monitor. Use the red curved arrows to rotate the head. On the left side of the head, turn both switches to 2. On the right side, turn both switches to 1. Then press Check in the bottom left corner and the door of the room will unlock.

Grexeno

Can't remember what that is. Does this help?

Use the sun key to unlock the manacles on the chair
Check the green monitor again. This triggers the following story segment:

[...]

After the story segment, do the puzzle on the monitor. Use the red curved arrows to rotate the head. On the left side of the head, turn both switches to 2. On the right side, turn both switches to 1. Then press Check in the bottom left corner and the door of the room will unlock.
Yeah, that's the one. I had to look up the solution, and I still don't get why it's right.

roytheone

Unequivocally, yes.

There's a reason why 999 and VLR have the most LTTP threads in GAF history by a huge margin.

Umm, YES!

You need to go back!

There's a reason it's even higher than fucking Chrono Trigger or a Dispiccable Me game. You absolutely have to finish it.

Alright, per your advice Gaf I have decided to pick it back up and I am past the kitchen and have decided to go with
door number 7
. Judging from my luck lately with choices in games (I look at you the witcher 3!) that will probably turn out to be the worst possible option, but hey, what happens, happens!

Oh, BTW, I am playing this on my mobile phone and often have the sound off, is there anything I will be missing without sound?

Jachaos

Alright, per your advice Gaf I have decided to pick it back up and I am past the kitchen and have decided to go with
door number 7
. Judging from my luck lately with choices in games (I look at you the witcher 3!) that will probably turn out to be the worst possible option, but hey, what happens, happens!

Oh, BTW, I am playing this on my mobile phone and often have the sound off, is there anything I will be missing without sound?

Music. Good music. Especially in the true ending.

Yeah, that's the one. I had to look up the solution, and I still don't get why it's right.

Can't remember, I'll check a video later and see if I recall anything.

Sorian

Banned

I'm reaching far back on this one because its been years but isn't this the puzzle where you
had quadrants and it asked you to get something lit up in all four areas? If this is what I think it is, this is the type of puzzle where you were just supposed to test all the switches to see what they do and then figure out the right combination to get it all turned on

I could be remembering something totally different and I'm at work so I can't pull a video right now to see the puzzle you mean.

Kazer

I have copies of 999 and VLR arriving on Tuesday!

:O

But I might wait and play them closer to the ZE3 release as I've heard VLR is a huge cliffhanger ending.

I have copies of 999 and VLR arriving on Tuesday!

:O

But I might wait and play them closer to the ZE3 release as I've heard VLR is a huge cliffhanger ending.
Don't wait until it's too close. Once you get caught up you can join in the speculation talk, which is very enjoyable.

One of the best aspects of the series is discussing it with others. And a year isn't that long a wait. Think of all of us that are going into year 4. D:

Kazer

Don't wait until it's too close. Once you get caught up you can join in the speculation talk, which is very enjoyable.

One of the best aspects of the series is discussing it with others. And a year isn't that long a wait. Think of all of us that are going into year 4. D:

I didn't realize VLR came out that long ago. >_>

And fair enough! Maybe I'll start 999 up next weekend then.

Grexeno

gUU2PTv.gif

G7JxXjB.gif

hB1AInX.gif

lSF3c08.gif

PKjNdBD.gif

Bn9f5cD.gif

4bHUzqa.gif

bwDxuHm.gif

wXbsGrD.gif

WHAT

Someone with more free time than me has to make a compilation of LTTP's to 999 where they link the player's post to the effect of "I got my first ending, that was meh" and the brainsplosion when they get the true ending. That way we can link that post anytime anyone asks if they should continue playing.

Kazer

Alright, GAF. Just got my games in the mail yesterday evening. Newer box art for 999, but that's what Amazon had in stock!

Since this thread is relatively new and there have already been a couple of folks playing through 999, I figure I'll just jump on board here. I'll probably play through it pretty slowly as I have a busy week coming up, but I'll update here accordingly! Looking forward to having my mind blown with the ending.

Alright, GAF. Just got my games in the mail yesterday evening:

Since this thread is relatively new and there have already been a couple of folks playing through 999, I figure I'll just jump on board here. I'll probably play through it pretty slowly as I have a busy week coming up, but I'll update here accordingly! Looking forward to having my mind blown with the ending.

Looking forward to it :D.

The true ending's great and all, but the 'shit' revelation for me is when I got time to sit down and rethink the whole thing through, reflecting back on the fact that
Zero is
Akane

In that
As much as it was a plan to save herself via a time paradox
, that person
was also ultimately a manipulative woman who played the masterminds of the 1st Nonary Game like a damn fiddle.

Deft Beck

I got the axe ending and just read a summary of the other endings after I couldn't solve the steam-room puzzle. I didn't want to spend that much time redoing everything over and over and I just want to move onto VLR.

Qurupeke

I've been playing for quite a few hours now. Everything other than the true ending is done, so spoilers below. Good god. I expected this to be a good game, but not like this.

First I got the Sub Ending randomly but the ending left me confused. Everyone died, I had no idea who the killer was. I thought Akane might be the killer but she died too. This playthough revealed some interesting things about Seven, as well as Lotus. Seven always looked suspicious but by the end of the game, he was on the good guy's list. Then I went for Knife and Axe ending, the second being quite shocking. I've started VLR, which I put on hold, as I mentioned in another thread and
when I realized that Clover on VLR was possibly the same person as 999's Clover, I grinned. And she was the killer, at least in one ending.....
And then I go for the Safe ending that was really a roller coaster. I never thought that Ace had such a dark past. Everyone was suspicious but Ace seemed like a calm person. And he was a psychopath, just like Clover. I'm not sure who Zero might be, but there's still missing stuff concerning June and Santa. I think on the second playthrough June told a story about some dead bunnies, that striked me as odd. I really hope she's not bad. I guess the True Ending is bound to resolve the more supernatural aspects of the game, as there have been various hints on them, like the telepathy between humans,mices and even crystals. I'll shortly start the True Ending, I really want to see how much it will surprise me. For now, Zero can only be Kanny, Santa or an unknown third person. I'm pretty sure the rest of the characters shown so far aren't Zero and the dead captain with the 0 Clock was probably a random person that died, like fake Snake.

Other than the plot, I was really thankful that you could fast forward story stuff you've seen. I knew that there wasn't a flowchart like VLR but I thought that you couldn't skip story like that and the game would be tedious.

DarkStream

Am playing 999 for the first time. I'm playing on my 3DS since yesterday.
Only game I have played like this was Danganronpa 1, which I never finished because it took forever.

How long is this game? Enjoyed the first puzzle room.

AlucardGV

Banned
I've been playing for quite a few hours now. Everything other than the true ending is done, so spoilers below. Good god. I expected this to be a good game, but not like this.

First I got the Sub Ending randomly but the ending left me confused. Everyone died, I had no idea who the killer was. I thought Akane might be the killer but she died too. This playthough revealed some interesting things about Seven, as well as Lotus. Seven always looked suspicious but by the end of the game, he was on the good guy's list. Then I went for Knife and Axe ending, the second being quite shocking. I've started VLR, which I put on hold, as I mentioned in another thread and
when I realized that Clover on VLR was possibly the same person as 999's Clover, I grinned. And she was the killer, at least in one ending.....
And then I go for the Safe ending that was really a roller coaster. I never thought that Ace had such a dark past. Everyone was suspicious but Ace seemed like a calm person. And he was a psychopath, just like Clover. I'm not sure who Zero might be, but there's still missing stuff concerning June and Santa. I think on the second playthrough June told a story about some dead bunnies, that striked me as odd. I really hope she's not bad. I guess the True Ending is bound to resolve the more supernatural aspects of the game, as there have been various hints on them, like the telepathy between humans,mices and even crystals. I'll shortly start the True Ending, I really want to see how much it will surprise me. For now, Zero can only be Kanny, Santa or an unknown third person. I'm pretty sure the rest of the characters shown so far aren't Zero and the dead captain with the 0 Clock was probably a random person that died, like fake Snake.

Other than the plot, I was really thankful that you could fast forward story stuff you've seen. I knew that there wasn't a flowchart like VLR but I thought that you couldn't skip story like that and the game would be tedious.

cuxaqjehpl.gif

enjoy the ride

Only game I have played like this was Danganronpa 1, which I never finished because it took forever.

i can't answer yuo about the lenght of those 2 games but i can tell you that with visual novel it's mostly about how you're into them. danganronpa 1 is not exactly a vn with stellar pacing and writing

Alright, GAF. Just got my games in the mail yesterday evening. Newer box art for 999, but that's what Amazon had in stock!

999 LTTP train never stop

Qurupeke

First playthough took me around 8 hours and that was the longest. The rest of the playthoughs become significantly smaller, maybe except the True Ending, as I haven't played this one yet. I'd guess that you can complete the game in like 20 hours or something so it isn't that long. Unless you're stuck on a puzzle of course.

Ha! Another person enter the pre-mindfuck stage.
All these impressions are very nice read. When I was playing the game a few years ago, I was blown away satisfactorily. This thread makes me want to pick up a 3DS to play VLR, the remaining Ace Attorney other than AA1-4 and other goodies.

DarkStream

First playthough took me around 8 hours and that was the longest. The rest of the playthoughs become significantly smaller, maybe except the True Ending, as I haven't played this one yet. I'd guess that you can complete the game in like 20 hours or something so it isn't that long. Unless you're stuck on a puzzle of course.

Great, I will stick with it then. 8 hours for one playthrough seems reasonable, that's when I usually lose interest in a game.
Although, I understand a lot of the enjoyment comes from the multiple endings.

Qurupeke

Great, I will stick with it then. 8 hours for one playthrough seems reasonable, that's when I usually lose interest in a game.
Although, I understand a lot of the enjoyment comes from the multiple endings.

Don't even think of letting the game before all the endings. My first ending was rather disappointing with a lot of things unanswered. You'll probably dislike the game on your first playthrough. For me, it kept getting more and more interesting as I played.

llehuty

So I played this game a year ago and stopped well aware that I was missing A LOT. Now I check in, thanks to this thread and it looks like I had the sub ending and the axe ending, but I'm not really sure I remember every single detail of the game (I sure remember some weird stuff and science things though).

Should I try to get the true ending, or should I start again to refresh everything?

So I played this game a year ago and stopped well aware that I was missing A LOT. Now I check in, thanks to this thread and it looks like I had the sub ending and the axe ending, but I'm not really sure I remember every single detail of the game (I sure remember some weird stuff and science things though).

Should I try to get the true ending, or should I start again to refresh everything?

I'd say start over.

Top Bottom