• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Arrested Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist

Banned
Stellar cast, brilliant acting, insanely funny and very creative. I cant think of a better comedy show. F U Fox for cancelling this show.

On the verge of watching the last episode (S03E13) and feeling kind of sad. Suggestions?

Enjoy. Get ready for the movie.

Feel free to check this thread in minutes to see hundreds of GIFs showing how awesome the show is.

Fellas? Get on that please.

Juice

By my count this is four LTTP AD threads that I can explicitly recall. I'm sure there have been more.

accxfa.gif

Tucah

you speak so well
Tntnnbltn said:
Watch it again. Seriously.

This. You'll understand more of the jokes and notice all of the clever foreshadowing, making the show more entertaining with each rewatch.

AD gets better with repeated viewings. Lots of stuff you'll miss the first time around, and it's impressive how far ahead they'll start foreshadowing certain events/reveals.

do1mi0.gif

COME ON!

Great show. I've tried a new experiment. I watch random episodes to see if I can find one that is 'meh'. I have failed thus far.

Buttchin

I was part of the problem. Everytime it was on i just couldnt get into it as it appeared to me that everyone was simply batshit insane...

Then one faithful day of procrastinating i decided i would randomly chose a page number and video number on hulu in advance and watch whatever video it was (expecting it to be a SNL skit, Daily Show or Colbert report clip as most seem to be). Instead i got the pilot of arrested development and fell in love cause now i had a better sense of what the fuck was going on with the characters.

I then proceeded to talk about the greatness of the show to my GF who said fine we could watch and episode on hulu on my PS3(which didnt work i only got audio for some reason anyone know why this is?) But even she came to love the show (you really need to watch 4 episodes to get a feel for the show before you can simply accept the show for what it is) and she pretty much hates all TV.

while im sorry for doing my part in getting the show cancelled in the first place you better believe when the movie comes out i will be in line with my GF :D and maybe with enough begging a futurama/family guy moment can occur

Buttchin

Uncle said:
Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?

you dont wanna know how much the mother thought a banana cost at the store

(edit: remembers that was Michael's response to there dancing)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gob is probably one of the best Character-actor relation ever.
The guy is perfect for the role.

artist

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Watch it again. Seriously.
Yup.

Cerebral Assassin said:
Watch 30 Rock( it has Job in a couple of episodes)
Thanks, I've caught this show on a couple of occasions. Definitely on my list.

Talladega Knight said:
You were part of the problem OP, and for that I will always hate you.
I'll take the blame, unfortunately too late. :(

oatmeal

Banned
I think the biggest foreshadowing was in Afternoon Delight at the beginning when the crane is lifting the damaged banana stand out of the water...

It says "I'll get you Bluths! Hello"

And a season and a half later, we find that Hello did indeed get them.

Annyong?

I loved the show and watched it when it was on air but I still just don't see how many people think it's the greatest show. I really wonder if it would have as much praise if it lasted another seven seasons.

Or maybe it's just me. I mean, I just don't like Michael Cera and since he's such a big part of the show, maybe that put a damper on it for me a little bit.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
VGChampion said:
I loved the show and watched it when it was on air but I still just don't see how many people think it's the greatest show. I really wonder if it would have as much praise if it lasted another seven seasons.

One of the biggest draws for me is that you can watch the show 50 times and on the 51st viewing you'll find something you've never noticed before. The jokes within the jokes are endless.

VGChampion said:

Or maybe it's just me. I mean, I just don't like Michael Cera and since he's such a big part of the show, maybe that put a damper on it for me a little bit.
Probably not, cause no series is immune to the eventual decline in quality. In some way I think the short life span of the series is a big plus, since there's not one episode that taints AD's legacy.

VGChampion said:

Did you watch it when it originally aired? I find it hard to believe that you didn't like Cera back when you didn't know who he was.

oatmeal

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Did you watch it when it originally aired? I find it hard to believe that you didn't like Cera back when you didn't know who he was.

This.

I was a massive fan of his, and thought he was a terrific young actor. He has since played the same character in every movie to the point where it's gotten very stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom