• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Arrested Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppu

The brilliance of Arrested Development lies in the fact that there are multiple levels of jokes within jokes.

There are the normal jokes.
Recurrence jokes.
Inside jokes.
Jokes based on the parts the actors have performed previously (jumping the shark, the comb thing, the narrator defending his previous works, etc...)
Jokes based on events at the time (Mission Accomplished!)
Jokes based on relationships of actors IRL. (Check out who Will Arnett's wife is and who the actor who plays Nellie is)
Jokes based on the fact that the show was being cancelled (Yeah, HBO doesn't want us)
Etc....

:D

AnkitT

Moundir&Tony>you said:
Mind = BLOWN

I've never watched Happy Days , but I know the Fonz's character . Didn't know that Barry scene was an "easter egg" :lol
See also: "Jump the shark" scene.

oracrest

arrested-development-s01e00-extende.gif

arrested-development-s01e05-visitin.gif

Wu-Gambino said:
Only saw the first season

last few episodes were ehhh

should i watch seasons 2 and 3?

No they weren't, but yes, you should watch 2 and 3, although I suspect they may be too good for you

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
timetokill said:
He does a chicken call when he's in the cage after Gob's magic trick outside the courthouse.

Ahh ok, thought it meant he did the chicken dance as well. Thanks!

"Everything I've said about you can be covered with makeup and a lie about a thyroid problem!"

:lol

I just got my boyfriend into this show, and now I get to appreciate it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom