• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Arrested Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzLink

Banned
just finished the series today. amazing ride. didn't find the third season to contain as many laugh out loud moments, but it was still immesnsely enjoyable. I also found the first two seasons at walmart today in a bundle pack for 20 bucks (what a steal!)

can't wait for the movie :D

mj1108

EzLink said:
just finished the series today. amazing ride. didn't find the third season to contain as many laugh out loud moments, but it was still immesnsely enjoyable. I also found the first two seasons at walmart today in a bundle pack for 20 bucks (what a steal!)

No, you haven't finished it.

If you've only watched the entire series once then you're about 10 viewings behind the rest of GAF.

Seriously, watch it again...and again....and again.

mj1108 said:

If you've only watched the entire series once then you're about 10 viewings behind the rest of GAF.

Word. You aren't done unless you can point out every foreshadowing and identify any quote to a season.

mj1108 said:

Seriously, some of the episodes are WAY funnier the second time around.

Yeah I can't wait to go through this again. I'm really excited because I didn't know those 'next time' jokes didn't always spoil the next episode until mid-season 2 so I've got a ton of new jokes to watch. Plus the commentaries (only heard the one for the final episode) and the extras. Fuck yeah.

Personally my stand-out scene, apart from any with Gob, was when the narrator came out and said
"Micheal has been dating a woman who is mentally retarded, but hasn't noticed because of her British accent."
I'm British and made that exact same mistake. The following montage was a huge facepalm moment.

Tntnnbltn

Gamer @ Heart said:
Word. You aren't done unless you can point out every foreshadowing and identify any quote to a season.
Go!

1. "Mum told me to stay away from microwaves"
2. "Gob was just teaching me how to hit it with a hammer"
3. "Oooh.... That was 90% gravity"
4. "I never thought I'd miss a hand so much!"

Non-Buster Bonus: "Take me with you!"

EzLink said:

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Seriously, some of the episodes are WAY funnier the second time around.

The squirrel is correct on this one. I absolutely hated the 3rd season the first time around, but upon the 2nd viewing it definitely is a lot funnier when you know who Mr F really is. It's still doesn't have the quality and consistency of the first 2 seasons though.

Socreges

Banned
i'll try, but these aren't the easiest quotes

Tntnnbltn said:
Go!

1. "Mum told me to stay away from microwaves" Season 1
2. "Gob was just teaching me how to hit it with a hammer" Season...3?
3. "Oooh.... That was 90% gravity" (dunno this one)
4. "I never thought I'd miss a hand so much!" Season 1

Non-Buster Bonus: "Take me with you!" Season 2

Tntnnbltn

Socreges said:
i'll try, but these aren't the easiest quotes
Season 1, Episode 3 (Bringing Up Buster)
Season 1, Episode 7 (My Mother The Car)
Season 1, Episode 5 (Charity Drive)
Season 2, Episode 3 (¡Amigos!)
Non-Buster Bonus:
Season 2, Episode 13 (Motherboy XXX)

2/5. My diagnosis: More AD eps needed, stat!

EzLink

Banned
Haha, yes, I am very excited for repeat viewings. It should be better the second time around too because

A) I'll be watching them on DVD instead of my sucky computer (which lagged way too much when watching the show)
B) I'll be watching them with my family who is interested in the show.

I think my favorite series moment, (except for maybe Michael never knowing who Ann is :lol :lol :lol) was at the end of Ocean Walker

"Was that one of your tricks Gob?"
"No Michael, it wasn't my trick"

On the next Arrested Development...

"It was my ILLUSION!"

:lol :lol :lol

probably butchered the quote, but still. so fucking good

adelante

MojoRisin said:
4 month bump.

"There's no I in Teamocil, at least not where you'd think."

I don't get that line. Someone explain.
Maybe it's spelled Timoceal instead? hahaha I've no idea but that was a good song

Sharp

MojoRisin said:
4 month bump.

It's spelled timosil, I believe. And yeah, knowing the spelling actually makes the line even more confusing.

Vek

IIRC, the intended effect of Teamocil is to make you more cooperative/willing to work in a team, hence the "No 'I' in Teamocil".

MojoRisin said:
4 month bump.

It's playing off of the phrase, "there's no 'I' in 'team'".

You would imagine they'd be writing the song, and say, "There's no I in TEAMocil... oh, wait, there is an I, huh?" and then they add the last bit, explaining the 'I' is still not in "Team."

Xkiko

Just finished my second viewing. Even more enjoyable than the first time and I hardly watch anything more than once.

Last year I watched every episode of Seinfeld for the first time and for a brief moment I thought it was the greatest sitcom ever but now that I was reminded how amazing AD is, it takes the first place.

Note to euro-gaf: the boxset is 23,49€ in play.com with free shipping, thinking of buying one just to lend it to friends.

BigAT

1qrcc2.gif

MojoRisin

Xkiko said:
Just finished my second viewing. Even more enjoyable than the first time and I hardly watch anything more than once.

Last year I watched every episode of Seinfeld for the first time and for a brief moment I thought it was the greatest sitcom ever but now that I was reminded how amazing AD is, it takes the first place.

Note to euro-gaf: the boxset is 23,49€ in play.com with free shipping, thinking of buying one just to lend it to friends.
Dude I watched it 6 times and I still catch something new that I missed the time before, it's insane how intricately hilarious this show is.

Also, thanks guys. I understand the 'Teamocil' now.

oracrest

Thread resurrection!

I am watching it through for the first time, and have just got to the beginning of season 3. It's a shame it didn't last, it's one of the funniest shows I have ever watched, and by far the best editing and timing.

Lucille is my favorite character, but the whole cast is great.

starwar.png

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
oracrest said:
Thread resurrection!

I am watching it through for the first time, and have just got to the beginning of season 3. It's a shame it didn't last, it's one of the funniest shows I have ever watched, and by far the best editing and timing.

Lucille is my favorite character, but the whole cast is great.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/oracrest/starwar.png

Now rewatch it. It gets better. I promise.

AnkitT

Gob - I heard the jury is still out... on science :lol

Amazing series, have watched it over 15 times, but I still catch many jokes every rewatch!

Just watched the Ocean Walker again last night :lol

Forget-Me-Now has a ton of great moments...

"I won't forget this... Dad!"
(parting shot)
"... I will. I will."

mj1108

SnakeXs said:
Now rewatch it. It gets better. I promise.

This.
This.
100000000 X THIS.

AD is awesome the first time you view it.
AD is AMAZING on every rewatch (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th time, etc...).

Next thing I know, I'm running for my life.

And all I could think was if something were to ever happen to me...how sad I'd be, you know?

oracrest

OK, Finally finished the whole series.

Really good stuff!

I loved the Parenthood movie too, and you can see similarities for sure.

I liked how it would jump around to all the different relationships, and wasn't just focused on two main characters.

Jeramii

Banned
irfan said:
Stellar cast, brilliant acting, insanely funny and very creative. I cant think of a better comedy show. F U Fox for cancelling this show.

On the verge of watching the last episode (S03E13) and feeling kind of sad. Suggestions?

dude, seriously. i love that show (i even started watching it all over again just recently), but i'm glad it got taken off the air! it would have been ruined if they kept it going.

some of the later episodes in the series were just so boring, and felt like filler episodes that weren't really in existence for a real reason.

the movie will be great i am sure!

theres money in that banana stand.

I rewatched all of the seasons not too long ago. Hilarious show. Love it.

Geek said:
adsadwalks.gif

Holy shit. I never noticed the dog sleeping on top of the dog house until now.

Fuck.
That episode is named "Good Grief". One of my favorites. :D

Jeramii said:
i saw an interview with will arnett that pretty much said so. if that means anything to you.... i'd find the interview for you, but that would require me doing more work than i want to.

For every interview like that there seems to be another one saying it won't happen (like from David Cross recently, if I recall correctly.)

Right now I'm just assuming it won't happen, but I am praying that it will :D

MojoRisin

"Michael, you can save this family. Please, do the right thing here. String this blind girl along so that dad doesn't have to pay his debt to his society."

Beowulf28 said:
I read that it was delayed because of Hurwitz new show with Will Arnett.
Nope. David Cross recently said they were all too famous and too important to be able to figure out how to schedule the time to film it.

Yes, that's a true story. Actors who act are just too busy to figure out how to make time to act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom