• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Deus Ex: The Conspiracy (it had a subtitle?)

Dunan

Decided to finally get around to a PS2 classic that I'd never played, Deus Ex: the Conspiracy. (I didn't even know it had a subtitle!) GAF loves this game, and I lvoed Deus Ex: Human Revolution, so I sent away for the original, and am finally experiencing it.

Some initial impressions:

* The game throws you right into combat with little time to acclimate yourself to the controls, so I'm glad there's a tutorial. I went through this before touching the story just so that I could reacclimate myself to moving around in first-person and handling a non-inverted camera. Very glad I did, because I still struggled through the first mission and frequently panned the reticule in the wrong direction.

* No assistance with pinpointing the reticule, even on easy mode. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool lefty and don't have the fine motor skills with my right thumb to naturally move that stick with pixel-perfect accuracy, and it's making the game tough. In DXHR, I think they automatically put the reticule in place if you came within a few pixels of your target. And don't get me started on ladders. I have died far more times than I care to admit just from falling off ladders! They must have implemented the infinitely more pleasant ladder-climbing prompt in DEHR after complaints from this game. A five-year-old child can climb a real ladder more reliably than JC Denton can.

* Wow, these graphics are old-school. I can look past them pretty quickly as I love going back to PS1 games from time to time, but still, it can be jarring.

* The vaunted Deus Ex freeform progress system is as good as advertised. People's dialogue changes based on what I've done, and I can do things that a more scripted game wouldn't let me do, and not only does the game allow it, but it even seems to encourage it. When the government agent came to Manderley's office and talked about interrogating some prisoners, I
followed him, Assassin's Creed-style, staying out of his sight, and went all the way downstairs and listened to him talk to the prisoners. He chastised me for following him, and he killed the prisoners. Then I reloaded the file and followed him without trying to hide myself. This time he didn't begin the interrogation, and just told me to go away.

So far, augmentations -- the main feature of Deus Ex, I had thought -- have hardly been touched on. In DEHR, from the very beginning, Adam is forced to deal with his, psychologically; people in the streets are mocking him and his kind; you can visit a LIMB cilnic -- but here they're unremarked-upon menu choices, at least so far.

Will there ever be any more non-combat exploration areas? I loved wandering around Detroit and talking to people, but here it's all combat/danger, all the time, except inside UNATCO. I also wanted to play as a Pacifist, like I did in DEHR, but couldn't, mostly because I'm incompetent but also beause there don't seem to ever be enough tranquilizer darts. I do like how people don't fall asleep instantly when you tranq them, though. Sometimes they can get to an alarm switch before collapsing.

Any advice on playing this game a little quicker? I'm enjoying it, but it's taking forever. I'm still in Hell's Kitchen (and I know that there are several more areas, such as Hong Kong) and I've probably been playing for over 20 hours. Not getting killed so often would probably help, of course, but is it OK to ignore some of the side missions? I've been doing every one I can find.

So far I've only gone off the script once (but in a big way:
I trusted my brother about UNATCO, and when I met Lebedev on his plane, I tried tranquilizing Anna so that I could keep talking with him. Anna, unfazed by the dart, shot me to death in seconds. So I put a LAM in the spot where she walks in. It blew her to pieces and a thankful Lebedev told me all kinds of things.
Now to see what Manderley will do to me when I get back to base!

foxtrot3d

Banned
Decided to finally get around to a PS2 classic that I'd never played, Deus Ex: the Conspiracy.

Say what?! I'm sorry OP but Deus Ex is all about the PC.

Anywho, OP you've BARELY scratched the surface of this game. I see that you've met Lebvedev, well the game opens up a lot more after that, just consider everything up to that to be a tutorial. Once you get to Hong Kong you'll be allowed to explore freely without being shoved into combat and be able find all kinds of neat stuff and get into trouble. And yes, a pascifist playthrough is possible though its best accomplished through augmentations like stealth camo, without saying much there are bosses in the game you can straight up skip by just sneaking or running past them.

My only advice OP is to remember to always experiment and explore, the game is hella deep and you'll be surprised just how far the game will accomodate and just roll with your actions. Also, as far as your comment about AUGS and people not reacting to them, you need to remember that HR was a prequel the original game is set much later and augmentations are much more prevalent throughout society. In fact, physical augmentations are basically outdated by the time of the original as it's all about neural augmentations, it's why Agent Gunther Herman kinda hates you because he's basically a cyborg whereas you with your fancy neural plants are even better.

I'll tell you when I fell in love with the game OP, it's exactly as you described. Agent Navarre wouldn't let me talk to Lebvedev and was going to shoot him, I therefore stupidly decided to try and shoot her thinking the game would just game over and not let me continue. Of course, to my surpirse she died and seconds later Alex calls me up asking me "what the hell I just did" and thenvowing to cover for me. I knew after that moment the game would be special, any other game would have just telegraphed this choice to you, you know put you in a dialogue box and ask you if you wanted to kill Agent Navarre. Deux Ex, on the other hand, doesn't feed these choices to you it lets you find and act them out yourself.

Dunan

Say what?! I'm sorry OP but Deus Ex is all about the PC.

Haha; I don't have a PC, and am only now discovering the inferiority of the PS2 version. I'm still having fun, though!

Once you get to Hong Kong you'll be allowed to explore freely without being shoved into combat and be able find all kinds of neat stuff and get into trouble.

I'm looking forward to that. The point when DEHR went from a good game to a great one, for me, was when I got to Hengsha. I had just been to mainland China for the frist time, in real life, and was totally digging all the locations there and the people (I could understand some of their Chinese!) and all the stuff you could do there. They should have let us spend more time in Upper Hengsha, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully Hong Kong is like this.

I'll tell you when I fell in love with the game OP, it's exactly as you described. Agent Navarre wouldn't let me talk to Lebvedev and was going to shoot him, I therefore stupidly decided to try and shoot her thinking the game would just game over and not let me continue. Of course, to my surpirse she died and seconds later Alex calls me up asking me "what the hell I just did" and thenvowing to cover for me. I knew after that moment the game would be special, any other game would have just telegraphed this choice to you, you know put you in a dialogue box and ask you if you wanted to kill Agent Navarre. Deux Ex, on the other hand, doesn't feed these choices to you it lets you find and act them out yourself.

This game's reputation had preceded it for me, so I know I wouldn't get a Game Over, but I was a little nervous about going off-script, and was very surprised when Alex immediately promised to cover for me!

One more question: does the game give you any skill points for things like hacking into computers or accessing e-mail with passwords? One of the things that disappointed me in DEHR was how the game incentivized hacking computers and locked doors as the only way to get into them, because nothing else earned you skill points. This despite the fact that figuring put passwords and codes was much more subtle, ingenious, and fun than boring hacking. I remember spotting a 4-digit code inside a telephone number written as part of a piece of graffiti on a wall! Yet that didn't earn you any points.

So is there any reason to choose one of hacking / lockpicking / finding people's passwords / etc. over the others in this game? I don't think I've been getting skill bonuses from any of them.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Haha; I don't have a PC, and am only now discovering the inferiority of the PS2 version. I'm still having fun, though!

I'm looking forward to that. The point when DEHR went from a good game to a great one, for me, was when I got to Hengsha. I had just been to mainland China for the frist time, in real life, and was totally digging all the locations there and the people (I could understand some of their Chinese!) and all the stuff you could do there. They should have let us spend more time in Upper Hengsha, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully Hong Kong is like this.

This game's reputation had preceded it for me, so I know I wouldn't get a Game Over, but I was a little nervous about going off-script, and was very surprised when Alex immediately promised to cover for me!

One more question: does the game give you any skill points for things like hacking into computers or accessing e-mail with passwords? One of the things that disappointed me in DEHR was how the game incentivized hacking computers and locked doors as the only way to get into them, because nothing else earned you skill points. This despite the fact that figuring put passwords and codes was much more subtle, ingenious, and fun than boring hacking. I remember spotting a 4-digit code inside a telephone number written as part of a piece of graffiti on a wall! Yet that didn't earn you any points.

So is there any reason to choose one of hacking / lockpicking / finding people's passwords / etc. over the others in this game? I don't think I've been getting skill bonuses from any of them.

You know for the life of me I can't remember of the level up system works in DX, all I know is you wanna dump some points into hacking. While you can find some passwords in the game most computers require straight up hacking. But, as you've probably noticed hacking in DX doesn't require any effort you just push the hack button and have to wait until the computer is unlocked hopefully before your hack program runs out of time. When you place more points into hacking it increases you hack run time allowing you to hack in easier and stay in the computer longer.

Unlike HR, DX will punish you for specing your character wrong but that shouldn't be a problem unless you're the person who spends all their points on "underwater breathing" and "poison resistance."

robgrab

Deus Ex remains my favorite game of all time. I can still recall several key moments in that game and how I uniquely handled each situation. I can't say that about any other game I've played. No game has affected me the same way since. Not sure if it'll hold up in 2014 but for it's time it was peerless.

It's too bad you're not experiencing this on a PC. Especially with all of the latest graphical upgrades that make it look and play much better than the original. Plus I'm sure they had to cut a lot out to get it to fit onto a console.

My favourite game ever and one game I wish game designers took more inspiration from. Nearly 15 years later the design of the game still amazes me.

"* The game throws you right into combat with little time to acclimate yourself to the controls, so I'm glad there's a tutorial. I went through this before touching the story just so that I could reacclimate myself to moving around in first-person and handling a non-inverted camera. Very glad I did, because I still struggled through the first mission and frequently panned the reticule in the wrong direction."
Unless they changed something for the console version, the game definitely doesn't throw you into combat like that. In fact you can avoid combat for the entire first level (I'd like to say entire game but I'm not so sure)

brb, reinstalling Deus Ex.
Just keep the damn game installed, it's like 700MB. :p

Not sure how well the PS2 version plays, but the PC version still holds up well to this day. Fantastic game regardless, one of the few I keep coming back to and just running around in when I'm bored some days.

Regarding skill points, you're generally fine as long as you try to lean towards one playstyle (stealth, guns blazing, etc.) and spend points on relevant skills in that path. I usually play stealthy, so I opt for focusing on computers, electronics, and lockpicking, and tossing the rest in pistols and rifles. Keep in mind skill points determine how effective you can aim and use weapons, so they can be a higher priority if you find yourself in combat often.

Riposte

I'm not sure if a retrospective OT has been made for Deus Ex, but if it hasn't, the subtitle must be "A PS2 Classic".

Dunan

Unless they changed something for the console version, the game definitely doesn't throw you into combat like that. In fact you can avoid combat for the entire first level (I'd like to say entire game but I'm not so sure)

You probably can avoid combat, but as a beginner those soldiers and robot security machines are going to find you. In DXHR, there was a tutorial-like area which had combat, but it was short, and you could then wander around Sarif Industries HQ and learn how to crawl, open stuff, hack computers, etc. before going back out into the world.

Regarding skill points, you're generally fine as long as you try to lean towards one playstyle (stealth, guns blazing, etc.) and spend points on relevant skills in that path. I usually play stealthy, so I opt for focusing on computers, electronics, and lockpicking, and tossing the rest in pistols and rifles. Keep in mind skill points determine how effective you can aim and use weapons, so they can be a higher priority if you find yourself in combat often.

I know I gave some points to pistols but am now regretting that as I never use a pistol; my guns are a sniper rifle, a 7.62-mm machine gun, and a GEP rocket launcher, plus my dart gun. I would have liked to only use the darts, but as a beginner I'm not quite up to a pacifist playthrough. The general lack of tranquilizer darts is disturbing -- I find myself killing human beings purely because bullets are cheaper and easier to find than tranq darts!

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Still pissed off about the
illusion of choice. You should not have to join the NSF IMO.

Ok I originally played this game on ps2 and loved it, but that's like saying half life 2 is a 'ps2' classic or counterstrike is an 'xbox' classic. Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game. I bought it in a sale a month ago and literally 8 hours later I looked away from my monitor thinking 'Jesus where did my day go' game is still awesome, warts and all.

Nzyme32

Reinstalling Deus Ex once again. It seriously is one, if not my all time favourite game. I love as well how it consistently can blow me away even a couple of years ago when I discovered yet another story arc via something that can be done around the time you meet Lebedev.

Even with its dated graphics and crap enemy AI and often odd voice acting in places, the game is still fantastic and in its day was so far ahead of its time. I love the narrative and the exploration of the nature of humanity as things go forward. It always got me thinking and really immersed.

Damn what a game! Although I don't think the new Deus Ex really captured that spark, it certainly gave it a good try and was great in its own right.

Oh and the music, oh god! Alexander Brandon did such an amazing job. I love everything, especially the ambient stuff so much - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkWtFIZtRE

The point of choices not being completely obvious is a strong one. I remember bioshock being touted as a sort of successor to this type of gameplay and in the end it ammounted to 'press x to harvest Adam or press y to save little sister' along with some token 'hack the robots to fight for you' type choices. Deus ex is the real deal in this regard. It gives you an environment, some basic physic and tools to get the job done and then tells the player 'get as creative as you want. Surprise us with your solutions'. Even the scripted moments are far more flexible than they seem, with many choices not being obvious but accounted for in the dialogue if the player tries to 'break' the game.

Dunan

Damn what a game! Although I don't think the new Deus Ex really captured that spark, it certainly gave it a good try and was great in its own right.[/url]

It's funny, because over and over in this game I've been thinking, "If only they had..." before noticing that whatever I'm thinking about has been "fixed" in HR. Non-combat exploration areas earlier in the game; skill points for non-lethal takedowns; ladders that you don't fall off nine times out of ten (seriously; how do you climb down these things?); hacking of computers made more interesting; maps (holding out my smartphone gives me a better map of the 2014 real world than a nano-augmented superhuman of the 2050s). HR was absolutely amazing and I'll probably go back to it as soon as I finish this.

Now tell me if I'm crazy with this observation: playing HR back in 2012, I felt very much like it was a spiritual cousin to the Assassin's Creed games. Aesthetically (a strong color motif: black and gold in DX, red and white in AC2/B; consistent "near-future" fonts and UI) and also subplot-wise (creepy conspiracy origin for the modern-day protagonist; Illuminati, etc.). Like Super Metroid and Castlevania: SOTN; if you like one, you like the other.

Is there a game like that for this original Deus Ex? I've heard the name System Shock bandied about; would that scratch my Deus Ex itch when I finish this?

System shock 2 is more survival horror than fps/rpg. There's no deviance from the main story line. The draw of SS is the story, ambiance, and combat imo.
With that being said it's an amazing game that everyone should play. Especially if you liked Bioshock. It's nice seeing where the ideas came from and how they've changed.

It's funny, because over and over in this game I've been thinking, "If only they had..." before noticing that whatever I'm thinking about has been "fixed" in HR. Non-combat exploration areas earlier in the game; skill points for non-lethal takedowns; ladders that you don't fall off nine times out of ten (seriously; how do you climb down these things?); hacking of computers made more interesting; maps (holding out my smartphone gives me a better map of the 2014 real world than a nano-augmented superhuman of the 2050s). HR was absolutely amazing and I'll probably go back to it as soon as I finish this.

Apart from the superficial refinements you listed, everything else, literally, *everything else* is at least ten times better in the original than in HR. The flexibility of the story and the game primarily. It's a very good game but nothing compares to the original.

Now tell me if I'm crazy with this observation: playing HR back in 2012, I felt very much like it was a spiritual cousin to the Assassin's Creed games. Aesthetically (a strong color motif: black and gold in DX, red and white in AC2/B; consistent "near-future" fonts and UI) and also subplot-wise (creepy conspiracy origin for the modern-day protagonist; Illuminati, etc.). Like Super Metroid and Castlevania: SOTN; if you like one, you like the other.

Well, maybe the AC games got a few ideas from the original Deus Ex? :) HR is imo a much better game, although just going around the AC worlds is a lot of fun.

Is there a game like that for this original Deus Ex? I've heard the name System Shock bandied about; would that scratch my Deus Ex itch when I finish this?

I don't think there is. SS2 is awesome and its even better compared to the Bioshocks than the original Deus Ex compared to HR, but it's not the same game.

Even with its dated graphics and crap enemy AI and often odd voice acting in places, the game is still fantastic and in its day was so far ahead of its time. I love the narrative and the exploration of the nature of humanity as things go forward. It always got me thinking and really immersed.

It's still ahead of its time. Amazing game.

Deus Ex doesn't have a subtitle, the PS2 port does.

It's a somewhat different game because the levels are broken down into chunks. The opening intro movie is replaced with CGI, which is alright, but it takes away the chance to laugh at Deus Ex Recut.

Electronic old men.

Apart from the superficial refinements you listed, everything else, literally, *everything else* is at least ten times better in the original than in HR. The flexibility of the story and the game primarily. It's a very good game but nothing compares to the original.

None of the things listed are superficial in the slightest.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
brb, reinstalling Deus Ex.

3CdJORR.jpg

Dunan

They're not superficial, gameplay-wise. I'm enjoying this game's story, no question, but there's no denying that i's hard to play compared to HR.

SparkTR

I wasn't able to force myself through the PS2 version despite liking the series.

For me it's because the PS2 version runs terribly. The butchered levels and and long loading screens were bad enough, but playing a game that looks worse that Quake 1 at sub 30fps it just mind-numbing in 2014. Seriously even a toaster can run the PC version.

foxtrot3d

Banned
They're not superficial, gameplay-wise. I'm enjoying this game's story, no question, but there's no denying that i's hard to play compared to HR.

Yes, of course Deus Ex is a much harder game to play especially after the improvements to gameplay that have been made for over a decade. One of the biggest difference between HR is the fact that Deus Ex is very much an Action-RPG, with heavy emphasis on the RPG aspect. For example, you can't aim your gun properly unless you've put skill points into them. That said, despite some outdated gameplay elements literally EVERYTHING is better with the original especially the story. You have no idea how crazy and good the story gets but I'll say this there is a reason the game is called "Deus Ex," the actual title of the game reveals its brilliance once you understand the double pun behind it.

HR was a good attempt but it failed in many areas to match the original especially in the story aspect. In fact, a more true successor to Deus Ex is Alpha Protocol. You also mentioned System Shock 2, well that game isn't really very similar to Deus Ex at all. System Shock 2 however is the foundation for the entire BioShock series, I was shocked (hehe) when I finally went and played the game and realized that Ken just took System Shock 2 and consolized it, for better and for worse, when he made BioShock.

So I'd definitely recommend SS2 as well once you're done with Deus Ex, just know that it is basically BioShock with some outdated gameplay but superb with everything else.

Dunan

you can't aim your gun properly unless you've put skill points into them.

So it's not just my inability to nudge a thumbstick? What becomes different if I raise my gun skill?

HR was a good attempt but it failed in many areas to match the original especially in the story aspect. In fact, a more true successor to Deus Ex is Alpha Protocol.

I actually have Alpha Protocol (for PS3) sitting in my backlog. I disliked Bioshock but loved DXHR, so if Alpha Protocol is at all Deus-Ex-like, I might just bump it to the top of the pile.

foxtrot3d

Banned
So it's not just my inability to nudge a thumbstick? What becomes different if I raise my gun skill?

I actually have Alpha Protocol (for PS3) sitting in my backlog. I disliked Bioshock but loved DXHR, so if Alpha Protocol is at all Deus-Ex-like, I might just bump it to the top of the pile.

When you raise your gun skills the aiming reticule focuses much quicker and you're able to be more accurate. And yes Alpha Protocol is very similar to Deus Ex especially in the Action-RPG context, you've gotta put points into your guns to aim properly just like DX. AP is basically what would happen if Deus Ex and Mass Effect had a baby, except they did and the game is called Alpha Protocol.

Nikodemos

I should reinstall it and apply the hi-def texture pack. And the fix that makes the Dragon's Tooth occupy a single slot in your inventory, as it was originally supposed to. And the mod that makes plasma weapons not-shit.

Sciz

I know I gave some points to pistols but am now regretting that as I never use a pistol

The pistol is secretly the best gun in the game, so that's not such a bad thing.

Augs don't come up nearly as much in the story as they do in HR, but you will end up having to make much harder choices about which ones to take in the long run.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Many don't know, but the PS2 port was done in-house at Ion Storm by most of the original creation team and was a pretty damn solid port if you can get past the obtrusive mid-level loading hitches and dated visuals. The interface was nicely built around the controller and was quite novel for being able to quickly and efficiently toggle the many powers, skills, weapons, etc. just about as efficiently as tapping hotkeys on a kb.

Given the hardware, the technical issues are understandable, and the PC experience with the many mods does provide a superior visual experience, but the PS2 was a more than capable way to experience the game. Definitely one of the better or best PC ports to the console of that time, a lot of attention and care went into its development.

Enjoy! It's a classic.

mcz117chief

I like the game a lot but the one thing that I really dislike about it is the fact that their is no epilogue, you pick your ending and then the credits roll. I guess you are supposed to think for yourself what might happen afterwards but still, reminds me a lof of the Mass Effect fiasco.

The Conspiracy was the subtitle added to the PS2 port.

From all accounts I heard, it was actually a very decent port. I hope you enjoy one of the truly great games of a previous age.

You could turn off aim assist in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, even on the console versions. (I always do, when given the option.)

If you play Alpha Protocol, beware: it is fantastically reactive to your choices, both in narrative and gameplay, and in many ways it's very well-designed--but it has quite a few bugs and is sorely lacking in polish. In other words, it's an Obsidian game.

jakomocha

You could turn off aim assist in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, even on the console versions. (I always do, when given the option.)

If you play Alpha Protocol, beware: it is fantastically reactive to your choices, both in narrative and gameplay, and in many ways it's very well-designed--but it has quite a few bugs and is sorely lacking in polish. In other words, it's an Obsidian game.
Ahh.. Alpha Protocol.

Such an excellent game with such little polish. What I'd do for a sequel...

OP, if you're willing to look past all it's jankiness, what you'll find is an absolutely fantastic story, incredibly reactive decision making system, and missions which can be played in various different ways. I wrote a review of it here.

Also, I have played DX: HR on Wii U but not the original Deus Ex (or the second one). I'll definitely have to pick them up some time soon, how are they difficulty-wise?

An interesting thing about Deus Ex for me. I actually bought a book based on excerpts of it you can find lying around in the game.

The Man Who Was Thursday - G.K. Chesterton

I love that book, no doubt it's my favourite. So strange to go from one form of media to another like that though.

mcz117chief

Also, I have played DX: HR on Wii U but not the original Deus Ex (or the second one). I'll definitely have to pick them up some time soon, how are they difficulty-wise?

Really depends on the way you play, you can make it easy or hard. If you take speed augmentations and the dragon tooth the game turns itself into a tourist mode, but if you want to play pacifist then the game can be pretty damn hard.

Nemesis_

The Conspiracy was the North American subtitle for the PS2 release, not sure why they added it.

I also thought the PS2 version had better quality visuals and some pre-rendered FMVs that the PC version didn't, but compartmentalised a lot of it's environments so the game could load.

Anyway, love the PC version. Fantastic game, amazing atmosphere. The only game I've played in recent years that managed to actually capture a similar tone, funnily enough, was Human Revolution. Loved it.

Dunan

An interesting thing about Deus Ex for me. I actually bought a book based on excerpts of it you can find lying around in the game.

The Man Who Was Thursday - G.K. Chesterton

I love that book, no doubt it's my favourite. So strange to go from one form of media to another like that though.

I just saw that datacube; it's in the 'Ton Hotel! I also saw one that seemed to be quoting from Shawshank Redemption, but had the wrong character names. I love all these little bits of world-building; it's something that DXHR also did very well.

Jakomocha, I just read your review of Alpha Protocol and it's certainly selling me on the game. I have a huge PS3 backlog of about 8-10 games, some obscure, some not (Alpha Protocol, Fallout 3, Venetica, Mass Effect 2, L. A. Noire, Bioshock 2, El Shaddai, and some others I'm forgetting), and I know I probably won't get to them all. Alpha Protocol is now at the top of that pile. ^_^;

stn

Just wanted to say that Deus-Ex is one of the best games ever made, currently in my top 3 of all time. Alpha Protocol is also great.

Fuz

Banned
I also wanted to play as a Pacifist, like I did in DEHR, but couldn't, mostly because I'm incompetent but also beause there don't seem to ever be enough tranquilizer darts. I do like how people don't fall asleep instantly when you tranq them, though. Sometimes they can get to an alarm switch before collapsing.

You can knock enemies out with a baton hit from behind (not all of them, tho), a single well-aimed prod hit or a few bad-aimed prod hits.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I like the game a lot but the one thing that I really dislike about it is the fact that their is no epilogue, you pick your ending and then the credits roll. I guess you are supposed to think for yourself what might happen afterwards but still, reminds me a lof of the Mass Effect fiasco.

Incorrect, the PS2 version actually adds ending cutscenes to the game that allows you to see more into the end result of your choices.

Top Bottom