• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp - Metal Gear Solid 2 - What the heck is going on?

Ancestor said:
Maybe I misunderstood you (and I don't mean to take part of your quote out of context, I just boiled it down to this part for clarity) but
I never thought The Boss ever tried to get Snake to leave. She couldn't have accomplished her mission if he had (getting her life ended by her most beloved disciple, the last part of the final mission the Patriots gave her). I always viewed it as The Boss doing what she felt like she had to do to egg him on, as well as keep up the appearance that she actually had defected. I don't think she ever did any of that with the intent of making him leave.

At first I do think she wanted him out of there. At the start of the Operation Snake Eater mission she tries to get him to leave. I'm not sure if she thoguht at that point that he was really capable of handeling a situation like that and she wanted to protect him from it. As it went on and he kept coming back beating after beating she seemed to start to realise that he did have what it took but knew she had to keep going on with her same gameplan to keep everyone from catching onto her. From what we saw she seemed smart enough to come up with a plan with or without Snake being there.

The Stealth Fox

Oldschoolgamer said:
Metal%20Gear%20Solid%20II%20Picture%20copy.jpg

" Show some respect"

That is the worst image ever. The font in the image blows major chunks.

Johnas

SolidSnakex said:
At first I do think she wanted him out of there. At the start of the Operation Snake Eater mission she tries to get him to leave. I'm not sure if she thoguht at that point that he was really capable of handeling a situation like that and she wanted to protect him from it. As it went on and he kept coming back beating after beating she seemed to start to realise that he did have what it took but knew she had to keep going on with her same gameplan to keep everyone from catching onto her. From what we saw she seemed smart enough to come up with a plan with or without Snake being there.

OK, I gotcha, that's an interesting take on it. Thanks.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
SolidSnakex said:
That's Olga's Ninja suit.

Interestingly, that picture was faked and released before the game came out to make you think it was on the Tanker (to cover up Raiden and the Plant chapter). You actually meet Olga/Ninja up on one of the plant struts.

BocoDragon said:
Interestingly, that picture was faked and released before the game came out to make you think it was on the Tanker (to cover up Raiden and the Plant chapter). You actually meet Olga/Ninja up on one of the plant struts.

Yah they were very sneaky with that. When you look back on it, the whole thing was really genius. How they were able to keep such a huge secret in one of the most anticipated games ever like in the industry today was amazing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doom_Bringer said:
there was a ninja in MGS2 you know ;)
olga...
thought that was her there

I didn't even consider that.

And yeah, like I said, I forgot it all. I need to replay it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
SolidSnakex said:
Yah they were very sneaky with that. When you look back on it, the whole thing was really genius. How they were able to keep such a huge secret in one of the most anticipated games ever like in the industry today was amazing.

Really was. That is exactly why i DO NOT listen to Kojima when it comes to Metal Gear Games before release (in terms of Story...technical HELL YEA). He had me under the impression that I was playing as Snake the whole time.

Mifune

Mehmber
Y2Kevbug11 said:
If you are having trouble with injuries and stuff, you may be playing the game like I was initally: the wrong way. I absolutley hated having to constantly remove the bullets! I was getting shot up like a heroin junkie (bu dum pish).

If you sneak around properly, you can really minimize injuries. My second time through MGS3 (the only time in which I finished it-- subsistence versiron) I enjoyed it SO much more because the camera allowed me to properly sneak and get a grasp of my surroundings. I would leave trails of knocked-out soldiers.

Man, MGS3 original release...I was so terrible. I couldn't go or do anything without alerting all of Russia.

Oh I have no doubt I'm doing something wrong. But I do feel like I'm having a harder time sneaking around and taking stock of my surroundings in this game than in the past, and part of that is due to the camera.

Top Bottom