• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Metalocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
So I'm halfway through the first season, and I must say that this is the funniest show I've ever seen from Adult Swim :lol I'm not even into metal that much!

I got told that it might not be funny because there's a lot of real life metal band references, but it's being pretty hilarious anyway at least so far.

My favorite characters are probably Toki Wartooth and Skwisgaar Skwigelf with their swedish accents :lol

DOODELY DING DONG TICK TOCK, DETHKLOK!

Osaka said:
So I'm halfway through the first season, and I must say that this is the funniest show I've ever seen from Adult Swim :lol I'm not even into metal that much!

I got told that it might not be funny because there's a lot of real life metal band references, but it's being pretty hilarious anyway at least so far.

My favorite characters are probably Toki Wartooth and Skwisgaar Skwigelf with their swedish accents :lol

DOODELY DING DONG TICK TOCK, DETHKLOK!

There's a good amount of metal references.. but it's stuff like the name of a restaurant is a play on the name of a metal band. Nothing really you're missing out on too much. Show is hilarious though. I'm excited for the new 21 minute episodes for season 3

Gilby

Underwater friends, you are my underwater frieeeeeendsss :lol

Just wait, the show keeps getting better. I love how every episode has this huge, EPIC ending that seems like a major part of the plot, but then the next show starts of perfectly normal. It's a genius idea for a recurring gimmick, because it always make you want to see more.

I've got my ticket to see Mastadon and Dethklok in October : )
I really love the show. The dvd extras are insane.
On both season one and two dvds there are ~30 minute tracks of Brendan Small as NAthan Explosion trying to read a Shakespeare play. I think it is a worthy follow up to Home movies. It's just different.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Ratba said:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

I slip in and outs of diabetic coma. Theys should make insulin flavored candy. Candy. Tastes like chickens. If chickens were candy.

MeshuggahMan said:
There's a good amount of metal references.. but it's stuff like the name of a restaurant is a play on the name of a metal band.

Dimmu Burger :lol

wRATH2x

Banned
You were late to one hell of a party! Goddamn I can't wait for the third season with its 21 minute episodes.

Nathan Explosion <3

I love the premise of the show and I even enjoy the music of Brendan Small. I don't really laugh at the show very often though even when I think "hey, that's funny" at certain moments. Weird.

I have not seen any of Season 2 though.

sn00zer

I wants reverse werewolfs thats turns to peoples when the moon is full. :lol

Damn I love that show, I actually prefer 2nd season to first, story is equal parts funny and absolutely epic. (best season finale ever? possibly)

agrajag

Banned
The best episode was when they adopted a retarded kid because they thought they'd get a tax writeoff for it. Then when they got sick of him, they released him into the wild. "Go on boy, you're free now" :lol

If you're loving it now just wait for the second season. It's funnier, it has better music, and the story gets epic towards the end. Full length episodes for seasons 3 is going to be insane.

ATF487 said:
A pretty good but inferior complement to Home Movies

I've just recently started to warm up to Home Movies, it's pretty damn good. I still like Metalocalypse more though.

agrajag said:
The best episode was when they adopted a retarded kid because they thought they'd get a tax writeoff for it. Then when they got sick of him, they released him into the wild. "Go on boy, you're free now" :lol
RELEASE THE KITTIES!!!!!

ZAK

I don't like this show nearly as much as a lot of people seem to... IMO, there are a handful of good episodes, and most of them are right at the beginning of the series...

It has its moments. "I wanna be Stalin!" "Ooh, ooh, I wants to be Bill Cosby!"

agrajag

Banned
Also, Dr. Rockso is the most hilarious character ever. He's totally based on David Lee Roth, btw. Ka-ka-ka-ka-yeah!

ZAK said:
I don't like this show nearly as much as a lot of people seem to... IMO, there are a handful of good episodes, and most of them are right at the beginning of the series...

It has its moments. "I wanna be Stalin!" "Ooh, ooh, I wants to be Bill Cosby!"

It's better if you're a metalhead. I think most people realize it's not a really good show, but it's kind of fan service for people who get all the references and everything.

ATF487 said:
A pretty good but inferior complement to Home Movies
To be fair, nothing is better than Home Movies.

"I- I can'ts do its no more, masters! I can't takes no more piano lessons!

"You mean, guitar?

"Whatevers!"

thefit

Great show and the lenght is just right, stuff like that you don't wanna overkill. I got their album on vynil just for kicks. They also eat at a burger joint named "Burzums":lol

Sandman42

I love the show, some of the episodes are just absolutely hilarious. :lol

The actual music isn't fantastic, it's pretty basic melodeath despite having Gene Hoglan on drums.

JakOfTheShadows said:

I found a studio version of my favorite song in the series:

Dethklok - Bloodlines AKA Yopo song

thefit said:
Great show and the lenght is just right, stuff like that you don't wanna overkill. I got their album on vynil just for kicks. They also eat at a burger joint named "Burzums":lol

We'll see with season 3. I thought the season finale and the sober episode were amazing, so I have faith they can carry 22 minutes.

I can't wait for all the episodes to be 22 minutes. They did it twice last season and I think it works really well. The scene in Ofdensen's office where pickles and Toki and smashing lamps in the background for 5 minutes was the best scene of the season.

MDSLKTR

Tkawsome said:
I found a studio version of my favorite song in the series:

Dethklok - Bloodlines AKA Yopo song

Holy shit! Yes!

s3ng3o.gif

Best character on tv. ever.

Getting my shirt soon with his "i'd rather die than go to heaven" quote :D

Volcynika

BobTheFork said:
I can't wait for all the episodes to be 22 minutes. They did it twice last season and I think it works really well. The scene in Ofdensen's office where pickles and Toki and smashing lamps in the background for 5 minutes was the best scene of the season.

:lol

"Why didn't you invite us to the lamp smashing party?"

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Birthday Dethday should be the first response in every OMFG ITS MY BIRTHDAY thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8npI0Xe2wi4

"Birthday Dethday"

Many years ago today something grew
inside of your mother...
That thing was you

YOU

YOU YOU YOU YOU

Did she scream did she cry
Only those that are born are the ones that
Get to die

One more year closer to dying
Rotting organs ripping grinding
Biological discordance
Birthday equals self abhorrence

Years keep passing aging always
Mutate into vapid slugs
Doctor gives a new perscription
Bullet in a fucking gun

One more year closer to dying
Plastic surgeons fuel the lying
You forget why you came in here
Your mind rots with every New Year

RSVP PLEASE
For the DETH of thee
You have little time
And you're running out of life

Happy Birthday
You're gonna die

Now you're old and full of hatred
Take a pill to masturbatred
Children point to you and scream
Because they will become that thing

One more year of further suffering
There's no point of fucking bluffing
Open up your DETHDAY present
It's a box of fucking nothing

RSVP PLEASE
For the DETH of thee
You have little time

DIE DIE
DETHDAY
BIRTHDAY
DETHDAY
DIE DIE
DETHDAY
BIRTHDAY
DETHDAY

RSVP PLEASE
For the DETH of thee
You have little time

Happy Birthday
You're gonna die

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tkawsome said:
I've just recently started to warm up to Home Movies, it's pretty damn good. I still like Metalocalypse more though.
Metalocalypse starts off more strongly than Home Movies, which doesn't really get going till episode 6. Honestly, even though I absolutely love seasons two and three of Home Movies, the first five UPN episodes sometimes put me to sleep.

Hitokage said:
Metalocalypse starts off more strongly than Home Movies, which doesn't really get going till episode 6. Honestly, even though I absolutely love seasons two and three of Home Movies, the first five UPN episodes sometimes put me to sleep.

I'm up to the Kafka Rock Opera episode, it was really funny. I caught a lot of the episodes at the end of the series before Adult Swim restarted the series, and those were great. So far, Coffins and Cradles was my favorite, Brendan's fish costume cracks me up every time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tkawsome said:
I'm up to the Kafka Rock Opera episode, it was really funny. I caught a lot of the episodes at the end of the series though, and those were great. So far, Coffins and Cradles was my favorite, Brendan's fish costume cracks me up every time.
Kafka is ep 6. :D

Season 4 has some decent eps, but it's on a definite decline.

ZAK

agrajag said:
Also, Dr. Rockso is the most hilarious character ever. He's totally based on David Lee Roth, btw. Ka-ka-ka-ka-yeah!

It's better if you're a metalhead. I think most people realize it's not a really good show, but it's kind of fan service for people who get all the references and everything.
Oh. That would explain it, thanks.

Totally agreed on Dr. Rockso. Why'd they have to destroy him? He was great.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Tiduz said:
when is the new season coming? I miss this show + Venture Bros
No idea but they're taking their sweet-ass fucking time. Pretty much the standard for every AS show.

batbeg

I really need to see this, as Home Movies is like in my top 3 cartoons ever. Wish Adult Swim still came on in the UK :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom