• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Justice For All!

Hootie

Moe the Clown is probably my favorite character of the series, and the Fresh Prince reference sealed it. :lol

Bought my copy of Justice for All before christmas and some of the things in the trial made my head hurt. It took hours and hours, and attempt after attempt to finally finish off the second mission.

But since then I haven't been intrested in the game at all. I really don't know why, but it doesn't give me the same feeling as the first PW-game did. And it feels more boring.

Probably going with it to EBGames tomorrow and buy something else. I'm disappointed.

JFA is good, but it's my least favorite of the three by far.

Von Karma is a terrible character. She isn't cool like Edgeworth/Godot and she doesn't scare you like her dad.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
JFA is good, but it's my least favorite of the three by far.

Von Karma is a terrible character. She isn't cool like Edgeworth/Godot and she doesn't scare you like her dad.

but she's a tsundere, that's gotta count for something:D

anyway, although JFA is my least fav phoenix wright games, I still like it a lot. OP was right, we need more games like this on our handheld systems. anyone know if psp have something similar other than harvey birdman? I've tried that and the humor is really not my cup of tea

Nemesis_

Am I the only person who liked Von Karma? I was scared of her cos she was motivated by vengeance! It was kinda scary.

I was happy when she got shot in the same vein as her father, though :lol :lol :lol

Redd

Nemesis556 said:
Am I the only person who liked Von Karma? I was scared of her cos she was motivated by vengeance! It was kinda scary.

I was happy when she got shot in the same vein as her father, though :lol :lol :lol

I liked Von Karma over Godot until case 4 of Trials and Tribulations. She's doesn't seem to be as evil as her father either. I think she's one of the more attractive females in the Phoenix Wright series.:D

jwj442

Nemesis556 said:
Does Von Karma return in Trials and Tribulations? Mark spoilers too =P A yes or no would suffice
yes

There's a scene at the very end of JFA that gives Franziska a lot more depth and shows her motivations more...but for most of the game, she's kind of annoying. I like her better during her brief time in TaT.

JFA is easily the worst game in the series, but is worth playing, largely for case 4 (perhaps the best case out of all three games). Too bad you half to trudge through case 3 - the worst in the series - to get to it, but it's worth it.

NaviLink

Aaron Strife said:
Justice For All was pretty meh. Case 1 was typical so I won't hold it against JFA, Case 2 was interesting but clunky, Case 3 was horrible, and Case 4 was the only really good case in the game.

I've finished the game a few days ago, and in a nutshell, that's what I think about it.
The english writing is still very good, the characters all pretty interesting. I prefer the music from the first episode, but the score in Justice for all is not bad either.
I'm on Trials and tribulations, hoping that I don't get bored. The first case is pretty cool, with beginner Mia. I hope the next gets not too bad with all the thief thing.

Gomu Gomu

I just went through the first two games. What a great series. Funny thing is, I got the the second and the third games of the series as a gift/bonus when buying my DSi.

Justice for all is a good game. I've heard people shitting on it before, which is weird. However, I'm now going to open Trials and Tribulations. right now. And I have no idea what's in for me there :D.

Oh btw, Edgeworth is the best character by far. Can't wait for his game to come.

edit: Does anyone know if there is a way I can get an mp3 of the Steel Samurai ring tone of PW's mobile? Sooo good.

GhaleonQ

Gomu Gomu said:
edit: Does anyone know if there is a way I can get an mp3 of the Steel Samurai ring tone of PW's mobile? Sooo good.

Depends. What's your opinion of the circus case?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gomu Gomu said:
I just went through the first two games. What a great series. Funny thing is, I got the the second and the third games of the series as a gift/bonus when buying my DSi.

Justice for all is a good game. I've heard people shitting on it before, which is weird. However, I'm now going to open Trials and Tribulations. right now. And I have no idea what's in for me there :D.

Oh btw, Edgeworth is the best character by far. Can't wait for his game to come.

I don't think it's necessarily "shitting" on the game but I do think it's overall the weakest game. I would actually say JFA Case 4 is my favorite out of of every game, but none of the other cases stand out...and the circus one in particular is my least favorite case in the series.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'm actually playing this right now and on case 4. Only in the beginning so I'm not sure about how crazy it gets but it sure begins crazy. I like that they bring back a lot of the older characters..except Lotta..god I hate Lotta. I've heard Trials and Tribulations is the masterpiece of the trilogy so I'm hoping to get to that soon. (And yeah the circus case was a bit too..convenient)

gerg

I have to agree with some of the sentiment here. As much as I wanted to enjoy this game, a great deal of the cases was disappointing. I think that, ultimately, I found it hard to follow the plot quite a bit, and afaic some of the central plot points and twists made very little sense.

I mean, carrying in the murder weapon on a wheelchair during the trial? WTF?!

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Case 4 on JFA was more exciting than the last case in T&T, IMO.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i really hate that walmart next to me had trials and tribulations and justice for all in the bargain bin, t&t was $15.....and jfa was $30. how do i convince them that that's gotta be the wrong price, since even the sequel is half the price of it??

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
bernardobri said:
Case 4 on JFA was more exciting than the last case in T&T, IMO.

It was more exciting sure
mostly because of maya's kidnapping
, but not as good overall imo. 3-5 was just so well done and an amazing end to Wright's story.

Top Bottom