• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Harry Potter Movies

Catphish

I never got into Harry Potter. When the first book was published, I was already well into my 20s, and the premise seemed a bit childish to me. So I never read a HP book, or saw a HP movie.

Well, I have a kid now, a little girl of 8 years, and she wanted to watch them. So, starting a couple of months ago, we watched a Harry Potter movie every Saturday night until tonight, when we finished the series.

Holy Friggin Crap was that good. Each movie was progressively better than the last. The final film was an absolute delight, and I am actually rather sad that it's all over.

Of course now I have a reason to watch Fantastic Beasts... :)

But I must say, I shed a little tear as I was reminded of Alan Rickman's passing, and what a gift he was to those who loved his work. :(

Good stuff, this Harry Potter business. Highly recommended, in the event that you're a reluctant old sod like me. :)👍

Amey

Back in 2010 while watching Deathly Hollows in theater I thought to myself, although all these movies look fun on the surface I don't truly understand what's going on...
And so I went and grabbed the books and read them all before the last movie came out. And it made DH2 a much more fantastic experience. I was 27 then. :p
Plan to re-read them all when I get time.

LordPezix

I watch the entire series every holiday season religiously with my pal.

I followed the series growing up and every time I hear that opening theme tune it brings me back and I get fuzzy feelings all over.

I particularly enjoyed when the series turned dark, you can really gain the sense of maturity throughout the films. And honestly considering how long the series is, I don't find any singular movie in them to be poor. They all have their place and are very well done.

The movies are really good, so I'm glad you decided to watch them. However, I much prefer the books, easily. If you get the chance, you should read them.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I never got into Harry Potter. When the first book was published, I was already well into my 20s, and the premise seemed a bit childish to me. So I never read a HP book, or saw a HP movie.

Well, I have a kid now, a little girl of 8 years, and she wanted to watch them. So, starting a couple of months ago, we watched a Harry Potter movie every Saturday night until tonight, when we finished the series.

Holy Friggin Crap was that good. Each movie was progressively better than the last. The final film was an absolute delight, and I am actually rather sad that it's all over.

Of course now I have a reason to watch Fantastic Beasts... :)

But I must say, I shed a little tear as I was reminded of Alan Rickman's passing, and what a gift he was to those who loved his work. :(

Good stuff, this Harry Potter business. Highly recommended, in the event that you're a reluctant old sod like me. :)👍
Catphish Catphish have you read the books? you have to bro, buy them for your daughter and yourself, i’ve seen the first two movies when they first came out a long while back, but cannot remember them too well. they were great, and i remember enjoying them a lot, but the books are godly imo. i’ll have to watch the films and see if they compare

i definitely think the 4th and the 7th book are by far the best. 2nd is probably my third favorite

Top Bottom