• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP - The Mist

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere in the supermarket was tense as fuck and I loved that bit. The ending is pretty bad though. I actually had to laugh when
the army comes to save the day and makes the mist disappear like 20 seconds after he shot his kid and stepped out of the car. Ugh.

Brilliant film but I'm not a fan of the ending,
You don't kill you own son in an act of mercy until there is absolutely no chance of surviving, it made me angry watching it.

Slygmous

I think had they used conventional effects instead of cheap CGI it would have been one of the best horror films of the decade.

This is the only real problem I have with the film.
Granted, I've only seen the colour version, so maybe it looks better in B&W, but some of those effects looked beyond dated by 2007 standards. Plus some of the it (minus the spiders I guess) could have looked awesome with something real on screen.

The atmosphere in the supermarket was tense as fuck and I loved that bit. The ending is pretty bad though. I actually had to laugh when
the army comes to save the day and makes the mist disappear like 20 seconds after he shot his kid and stepped out of the car. Ugh.

THANK YOU

I thought I was the only one. It honestly made me laugh in how stupid it seemed.
Endless mist suddenly rolls away and a fucking MASSIVE military convoy rolls past 2 minutes after he kills everyone. Its like, shit man didn't you hear all those fucking Tanks coming?? And when he does the classic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" moment when he realizes whats happened
I fucking lost it, it was almost a comedy by that stage.

Book>>>>>>>>Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom