• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

DaBoss

ot4ayrm.png

menu-icon9vk54.png

Developer: Next Level Games
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Modes: Single-player and Multiplayer (Download and Play, Local, & Online)
eShop: Yes
Size: 844.25MB (6754 Blocks)
Release Dates:
Japan: March 20th 2013 | North America: March 24th 2013 | Europe/Australia: March 28th 2013

lm2-japjos6k.png
lm2-nautscl.png
lm2-pal9lsq6.png
lm2-ausswslf.png

promotions0pb5d.png

North America
If you buy and register a 3DS XL between Feburary 14th to April 20th along with Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon between March 24th to April 30th on Club Nintendo, you will be able to get one of these games for free!

-----------------------------------------------------

Europe
If you pre-order the game, you get a Boo anti-stress ball.

Those living in Germany have another promotion also. They can enter a contest which involves you simply playing a game where you match questions (that are about the game itself) with the answers and have a chance to win one 3 grand prizes which consist of:
  • a Black 3DS XL
  • a copy of Luigi's Mansion 2
  • 2 Luigi's Mansion 2-themed coffee mugs
  • 2 posters, 2 sticker sheets
  • a Boo anti-stress ball
Bolded prizes are the ones that can only be gotten in the grand prize.
Click the image to enter the contest:

Nintendo of Europe reveals that the European retail package of Luigi’s Mansion 2 will have an exclusive glow-in-the-dark cover while stocks last. Players who pre-order the game may also receive a limited edition Boo Anti-Stress Ball to settle their nerves when the going gets too spooky!
glowindarktormc.png

storyb7jw1.png

The Dark Moon that hangs over Evershade Valley seems to have a calming effect on the ghosts that reside there.

For this reason, Professor E. Gadd has been studying the friendly ghosts that are unique to the area. But when the Dark Moon suddenly breaks apart and falls into the valley below, the once-friendly ghosts become hostile, trapping E. Gadd in his bunker!

Luigi, who is at home watching TV, gets a big surprise when E. Gadd suddenly shows up on his TV screen and drags Luigi kicking and screaming through the screen into the Evershade Valley! After a little persuasion, Luigi agrees to help E. Gadd on his quest to find the Dark Moon pieces and restore it to its rightful place in the sky.

Luigi will have to venture through massive ghost-infested mansions on an action-packed hunt for the pieces of the Dark Moon. Armed with the ghost-sucking Poltergust 5000 and other new gadgets, Luigi will have to capture ghosts, solve puzzles, and battle monster-sized bosses. Can you and Luigi build up the courage to save the day?

mansions1akdg.png

charactersewbjt.png

keyart-intro8bxi3.png
Luigi
The clumsy hero of this game and the brother of the famous Mario. He is an expert at ghost-busting, even though he is terrified of ghosts.
e.gaddu9z2k.png
Professor E. Gadd
Known for his paranormal research and plethora of wild inventions, Professor E. Gadd just needs someone crazy enough to put them to the test.
toadktbpr.png
Toads
Before the Dark Moon shattered into pieces, a crew of Toads were assisting Professor E.Gadd from within the mansions. Since then, all communication with the Toads has been lost. Do you think they're in trouble?
ghostsygke5.png

ghost1rok3b.png

ghost2sakfo.png

ghost3e4kce.png

multiplayer-logorfkhe.png

ScareScraper/Thrill Tower
skyscraperxzuaa.png

You and up to three players can team up to take on the challenges of the ScareScraper (Thrill Tower in the EU/AUS version), a haunted building teeming with ghosts and unique challenges not found in the main adventure. Recruit your fellow ghost hunters via Local Multiplayer, Download Play, or Online Multiplayer—or play ScareScraper (Thrill Tower) solo to hone your skills.

Game Modes

screenshot-hunterd8y98.jpg

Hunter
Use teamwork and your trusty Poltergust 5000 to completely rid the floor of ghosts before the clock strikes zero.

screenshot-polterpupomys2.jpg

Polterpup
Track down those pesky Polterpups with your Dark-Light Device and capture them all before time runs out.

screenshot-rush1cxcb.jpg

Rush
It's a race to the top! Pick up clocks along the way to extend your time, as you rush to ascend the tower before time runs out.
luigisooun0.png

NOTE: These names were made up by BowieZ, and are far superior than what you will come up with. :p

media7gs6t.png

Screenshots

Artwork

Videos

Obligatory
itsucksmoneyjbuppagu9a.gif

ignj0aqhktrhdseurymiunh.gif

yearofluigig1qiv.gif

reviews6mbjl.png

------------------------------------------

Friend Codes List
Quote to see the Form link.
Form | | Friend Code List

------------------------------------------

Special thanks to The M.O.B. for passing up the OT, Zeeroid for the OT subtitle, BowieZ for the clever Luigi names, and to the many people helping make Luigi-fied avatars. Thanks to everyone in the other thread for giving ideas and suggestions. This is my first OT, so go easy on me. :p

zroid

Banned
Awesome job, DaBoss! So excited for this. The last week's wait will be painful, but hopefully we can get through it together. ^_^

edit: by the way, you should probably give credit to BowieZ for those Luigi names! :p

linko9

Honestly didn't enjoy the original game all that much, but this one looks like a much fuller game. I think I'll probably get it, and I'm temped to finally get an XL as well to take advantage of that promotion...

Chromie

Banned
I'm actually surprised I'm going to buy this game. I liked the first but I would never have thought that Nintendo would put so much work into it! It kind of reminds me of Kid Icarus.

DaBoss

Thanks everyone.

Awesome job, DaBoss! So excited for this. The last week's wait will be painful, but hopefully we can get through it together. ^_^

edit: by the way, you should probably give credit to BowieZ for those Luigi names!

Weird, I swear I put your username along with BowieZ up there, will edit now.

Neiteio

I still remember fist-pumping when it was unveiled with the CGI short at Nintendo's E3 2011 presser. It was that year's equivalent of 2010's epic DKCR and Kid Icarus Uprising reveals.

ALSO, SOMEONE PUT A GODDAMN HAT ON MY GODDAMN 'TAR.

WatTsu

Totally ready for this. Got a couple 3DS prepaid cards today, so all I have to do is hit "download" at midnight Sunday.

Meelow

Banned
I still remember fist-pumping when it was unveiled with the CGI short at Nintendo's E3 2011 presser. It was that year's equivalent of 2010's epic DKCR and Kid Icarus Uprising reveals.

ALSO, SOMEONE PUT A GODDAMN HAT ON MY GODDAMN 'TAR.

My live feed of E3 2011 froze at when it showed the room Luigi was in...I was like

"LUIGI'S MANSION 2!?!?!?!? :O :D"

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm excited about everything except for the whole multicolored luigis thing for multiplayer... I know this has been a thing for multiplayer in Nintendo games for ages, but c'mon >.< Why not have mario, peach, bowzer, etc. as characters -__-

Basically I'm just saying I love SMB2 and I can see that, to this day, Nintendo still hates it and pretends it never existed :p

Neiteio

I'm excited about everything except for the whole multicolored luigis thing for multiplayer... I know this has been a thing for multiplayer in Nintendo games for ages, but c'mon >.< Why not have mario, peach, bowzer, etc. as characters -__-

Basically I'm just saying I love SMB2 and I can see that, to this day, Nintendo still hates it and pretends it never existed :p
Why do you hate Fubuigi?

Fubu%20Boutros-Ghali.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Fantastic OT. Already got this baby preordered, gotta support Nintendo any way we can.

That Boo anti-stress ball looks awesome, meanwhile NoA sucking balls like usual.

DaBoss

Ewww, who would want to bust ghosts playing as those guys. :p

Colored Luigis have been a staple of game night since Smash Bros.

Neiteio

Very nice OT :) Good work.

Can't wait for this game...only three more days.

Are those the official names of the multiplayer Luigis?
Nope, just names BowieZ came up with, iirc.

And gat DAMN at the racism in this thread. Whadda y'all got against colored Weegees?

It's been a long road since it was announced at E3 2011 but it's finally here.

Remember when Miyamoto said it would probably be Early 2012? And then at E3 2012 they said Holiday 2012?

Top Bottom