• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Neiteio

By the way, OP, I think Haunted Towers is the second mansion, so you might want to reorder the icons for them as such. :)

Hahaha.
You're awesome, DaBoss.

Luigi's Mansion was the first game I got for the Gamecube, it was incredible. I really want to pick this up, but I know I wont have the time for it. I probably will when summer rolls around.

Instro

Wow forgot this was out so soon, that'll be 3 3DS games in less than 2 months. This machine is killing it right now. Hmm...I need to check if I already preordered it on Amazon or Newegg. I can't remember!

It's a shame the original is not on VC, I only plated a portion of it back in the day.

totowhoa

Banned
Do we know the review embargo date? Or when it usually is for Nintendo games? I never follow those. I've been strapped for time recently, but I do want to play this... I gotta hear more though if I'm gonna day 1 it. Kind of wish I had jumped on that cheap newegg preorder when it was up... I'm feeling an itch for this game suddenly.

Do we know the review embargo date? Or when it usually is for Nintendo games? I never follow those. I've been strapped for time recently, but I do want to play this... I gotta hear more though if I'm gonna day 1 it. Kind of wish I had jumped on that cheap newegg preorder when it was up... I'm feeling an itch for this game suddenly.

I've heard March 21st as the review embargo date a couple times. It's really nice that Nintendo sets the embargo to before the release date most of the time.

Draconian

I think I'm gonna get this from Amazon as I've got a gift card that I need to spend. Unfortunately, that means next Sunday is going to be a long day watching everyone here's reactions. Wonderful OP btw.

Holy dang, I remember waaaay back when this was announced at E3 2011. I'm purty excited to get my hands on it a week from now, along with a sexy new Pikachu 3DSXL.

The OP is immaculate. Love it.

OwlyKnees

Great job, DaBoss! Excited to finally see the OT arrive, as it makes it all the more real.

Playstation AllStars Patch+DLC, Harmoknight, Bioshock Infinite and Luigi's Mansion 2 all in the same week? God damn! Looking forward to Luigi the most, clearly.

Frost_Ace

tumblr_mhwciuvZoF1rjqzc1o1_400.gif

Hope the GameStop near me has it at day1 or I'll have to wait the week after Easter.

sammex

Great OP - I've been waiting for this for so long that I almost can't believe it's going to be out soon. Still time for a quick run through LM on my gamecube.

Jintor

People say this is the start of the year of the Luigi, but in truth, L's been fronting on the VGWC for a while now

Kouriozan

I always thought that Next Level Games was 1st party, they seems to do great Nintendo games.
Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 2 and all its secrets.

DaBoss

By the way, OP, I think Haunted Towers is the second mansion, so you might want to reorder the icons for them as such. :)

Thank you for pointing that out, fixed it.

why dark moon and not 2 for US?

Not sure.

Because "Dark Moon" is clearly too difficult to translate into other languages. Great OT man, especially for your first try.

Well only the NA name says Dark Moon, so it just seems like they avoided numbering it here in NA.

ramyeon

Because "Dark Moon" is clearly too difficult to translate into other languages. Great OT man, especially for your first try.
Yeah the original Japanese title is just Luigi's Mansion 2 as well, so the majority of countries are getting that title. Not that it matters much.

Woah, I love the OP!

Could someone please luigify my avatar?

And no more whining about NoA sucking compared to NoE from now on.

ScareScraper >>>>>>>> Thrill Tower. wtf.

18-Volt

Getting this at midnight! Anybody knows how big is the game? I have a 32 GB SD and free space is already running out.

Sweet OT

I'm picking this up, although admittedly I'm more excited about the free copy of Super Mario 3D Land I'll get with it.

Anyway, calling Pinkcenzo/Bluciano.

DaBoss

Woah, I love the OP!

Could someone please luigify my avatar?

And no more whining about NoA sucking compared to NoE from now on.

ScareScraper >>>>>>>> Thrill Tower. wtf.

oRVvQrI.png

If you want I can get rid of the hair bun sticking out. I just thought it looked more funny this way lol.

Getting this at midnight! Anybody knows how big is the game? I have a 32 GB SD and free space is already running out.

The size hasn't been said. I imagine it would be around 1GB or less.

I'm on the fence, really not sure how the controls will work. If it's stylus to suck, I'm out.

It isn't.

Manmedaz

It's 6 754 blocks, I DLed it in about 30 minutes :).

This game is a real Gem, I already finished the first 2 mansions and I'm having loads of fun ! It's beautiful, it has a steady 60fps framerate in 3D, it has a lot of humor and tons of hidden content to find throughout the missions. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but it seems like the game will keep on giving for a long long time.

You should all be excited to buy it :).

DaBoss

It's 6 754 blocks, I DLed it in about 30 minutes :).

This game is a real Gem, I already finished the first 2 mansions and I'm having loads of fun ! It's beautiful, it has a steady 60fps framerate in 3D, it has a lot of humor and tons of hidden content to find throughout the missions. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but it seems like the game will keep on giving for a long long time.

You should all be excited to buy it :).

Thanks for the info, will add it to the OP.

Manmedaz

I'm on the fence, really not sure how the controls will work. If it's stylus to suck, I'm out.

No stylus needed. You can either use the gyro when vaacuming/using the flashlight, or press x to aim above/ b to aim on the ground. To be more precise you'll need to move the 3DS, but button pressing is almost always enough.

Also, just a heads up OP, two reviews are out.

EDGE Magazine - 8/10
Official Nintendo Magazine - 92%

Though I couldn't tell you the content unless someone has the latest issues of those two.

bryehn

No stylus needed. You can either use the gyro when vaacuming/using the flashlight, or press x to aim above/ b to aim on the ground. To be more precise you'll need to move the 3DS, but button pressing is almost always enough.

Wow, that sounds just as bad. I really dislike motion on portable games. Hmm.

Jintor

There's only one type of bit where you actually need the motion controls, some stupid beam balancing crap that lasts a few seconds

I've been waiting for this game for a while now. Can't wait. I really hope the multiplayer is as addictive as Miyamoto was suggesting.

Henke

An Edge 8? Super hyped now!

I can't believe I was one of those people that wrote the first Luigi's Mansion off at launch because it wasn't a Super Mario 64 sequel. I am well and truly ashamed.

Also, a Luigi-fied Neil Lennon would be terribly fitting - especially on St Paddy's day. Any kind soul willing to oblige? :)

Top Bottom