• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Wow, that sounds just as bad. I really dislike motion on portable games. Hmm.

Trust me, I had the same concerns before Revelations came out. It works amazingly well there. As long as you are not playing on the comute and making an idiot out of yourself you will probably use it :)

Manmedaz

You won't need to move the 3DS at all. I'm certain it's totally optional.

I never do it while fighting the ghosts, only for puzzles/when looking through windows (the again, you can use the circle pad here). Buttons are more than enought like 95% of the time, and when using gyroscope it is not as bad as you might think, they calibrated the gane so that you only have to do little movements. Also, during the normal gameplay they are only used to aim above or under, so you don't loose the 3D effect.

It might be considered as one of the game's only flaw (as far as I have played), but as it can be avoided fairly easily, it shouldn't stop anyone from getting it, really.

meppi

Just read the review in the new issue of GamesTM (9/10).
Seems to be getting some great impressions overall. Looking forward to download it on Friday morning. :)

In other news, my Matsuko is ready. ;)

I was spoiled after RE4:Wii, it felt inferior to that.

It falls apart in general if you compare it to RE4 though :p

On topic, it's probably a good thing for me going into this with no memories at all how the first game controlled. Played it on GCN during launch week and never since then. If there wasn't so much stuff coming out the next two weeks, I would hunt down a copy and replay it before LM2 comes out.

It falls apart in general if you compare it to RE4 though :p

On topic, it's probably a good thing for me going into this with no memories at all how the first game controlled. Played it on GCN during launch week and never since then. If there wasn't so much stuff coming out the next two weeks, I would hunt down a copy and replay it before LM2 comes out.

I might give it a replay next week (I'll be at home for a month as I break up for Easter and my Wii and Luigi's Mansion are there!) considering how short it is. I can't see why the mechanic wouldn't work with one stick though.

Awesome OT. Preordered this yesterday and really looking forward to it.

Just a thought - I love how Nintendo releases games on a Sunday here in the US. For most people, you're home. All you gotta do is go and pick up the game and you have the whole day to enjoy it. Might not be the same on a Tuesday.

DaBoss

The motion on OoT 3D was my favorite improvement over the original, other than the graphics.

wkPrrCo.png

Made it face right.

We got Mario Kart Wii first though and I ended up playing that a LOT more than Brawl in the end (thanks to functional online).
Yeaaaaaaah not nearly as exciting. Was also the weakest Mario Kart probably.
We already got Skyward Sword first. I'm not even sure why, honestly. I thought America was the biggest market for it.

Wut? We got it two days before. We had to wait three months for Brawl! Hardly comparable

Madao

my Mugi av wants a Luigi hat.

halp!

this game has no streetpass or spotpass, right? that's the only thing that would make me buy physical over digital at this point.

XenodudeX

Does anyone know if you can trade in console games for handheld ones at gamestop? I'm thinking of giving away a few towards LM2. If I can't do that, I guess I'll trade in MK7 and some DS games for it.

OwlyKnees

Just read the review in the new issue of GamesTM (9/10).
Seems to be getting some great impressions overall. Looking forward to download it on Friday morning. :)

In other news, my Matsuko is ready. ;)

Looking forward to picking up the new GamesTM, still working my way through the last issue.

What date are you referring to though by 'Friday'? Assuming you're from the UK as you're reading GamesTM (not that you can't purchase it online) it's not out here until the 28th, which is still a Thursday, regardless. Just a heads up, in case you look forward to next week and it's not there. :(

daripad

Nope, just names BowieZ came up with, iirc.

And gat DAMN at the racism in this thread. Whadda y'all got against colored Weegees?
Can someone luigify my avatar?

I have been waiting seven years for this game, my dream will finally come true!

Also great OT

Top Bottom