• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
byZ5zwo.png

Perfect. :D Thanks!

meppi

Looking forward to picking up the new GamesTM, still working my way through the last issue.

What date are you referring to though by 'Friday'? Assuming you're from the UK as you're reading GamesTM (not that you can't purchase it online) it's not out here until the 28th, which is still a Thursday, regardless. Just a heads up, in case you look forward to next week and it's not there. :(

I actually have a Newsstand subscription on my iPad for Games TM and Retro Gamer, since I'm from Belgium.
And yeah, it seems like I messed up my dates... Thought it was being released this Friday in Europe, while it's actually the week after. :-/
Oh well, this week we'll get Monster Hunter, so I'm sure that will keep my very busy till Luigi hits. :)

Does anyone know if you can trade in console games for handheld ones at gamestop? I'm thinking of giving away a few towards LM2. If I can't do that, I guess I'll trade in MK7 and some DS games for it.

Gamestop shouldn't care, surely? Its just about the value of whatever it is your trading in.

OwlyKnees

I actually have a Newsstand subscription on my iPad for Games TM and Retro Gamer, since I'm from Belgium.
And yeah, it seems like I messed up my dates... Thought it was being released this Friday in Europe, while it's actually the week after. :-/
Oh well, this week we'll get Monster Hunter, so I'm sure that will keep my very busy till Luigi hits. :)

Ah, I see! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yeah. You've got Monster Hunter to keep you busy and I've got Zeus and Isaac. Good times!

DaBoss

my Mugi av wants a Luigi hat.

halp!

this game has no streetpass or spotpass, right? that's the only thing that would make me buy physical over digital at this point.

5VhATMU.png

They haven't said anything about whether it uses either of them or not, but I'm thinking it doesn't.

Kouichi

Garrett has been luigi-fied. He doesn't look too happy about it though...

I've been waiting more than 10 years for a sequel to this game and I'm so happy to see it's finally coming out! I am so hyped. I plan to put in tons of hours playing the multiplayer.

DaBoss

Here's my new avatar for Luigi's Year :D

Use this Luigi hat. :p
luigishatrightw7q4q.png

Garrett has been luigi-fied. He doesn't look too happy about it though...

I've been waiting more than 10 years for a sequel to this game and I'm so happy to see it's finally coming out! I am so hyped. I plan to put in tons of hours playing the multiplayer.

Unless you like the backwards "L", then you can use the one above also. :p

daica_

Neo Member
so all new copies of luigis mansion 2 will have the glow in the dark cover in europe?
or is it just some european countries

DaBoss

so all new copies of luigis mansion 2 will have the glow in the dark cover in europe?
or is it just some european countries

That's what it says here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013...mical-adventure-Luigi-s-Mansion-2-735629.html

One thing I noticed though is that I couldn't choose Belique (which is Belgium's French name, while it's Dutch name is there, you can choose it elsewhere on the site) and France in the country select at the bottom. I don't know if they just didn't have that announcement in French or it won't be available to France or French-speaking areas.

Madao

5VhATMU.png

They haven't said anything about whether it uses either of them or not, but I'm thinking it doesn't.

woo thanks! it looks so pimp hehe.

well, i'll stick with digital. the only bad thing is that i'll be restricted to my regular 3DS because i plan to stream my playthrough and the capture video mod only exists for regular 3DS so far (i did the same for Paper Mario SS).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Everything goes on the back-burner for Luigi's Mansion 2. Crashmo, Sly Cooler: Thieves in Time, Stcker Star, Bowser's Story, Miracle Mask, Lego City Undercover, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, and even FE: Awakening can all wait for the awesomeness that will be Dark Moon. If anybody can put a Luigi hat on my Kyle Hyde avatar to celebrate this glorious occasion, I would greatly appreciate it!

The above are all games I am (or will be) in the middle of when Dark Moon releases.

DaBoss

Everything goes on the back-burner for Luigi's Mansion 2. Crashmo, Sly Cooler: Thieves in Time, Stcker Star, Bowser's Story, Miracle Mask, Lego City Undercover, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, and even FE: Awakening can all wait for the awesomeness that will be Dark Moon. If anybody can put a Luigi hat on my Kyle Hyde avatar to celebrate this glorious occasion, I would greatly appreciate it!

The above are all games I am (or will be) in the middle of when Dark Moon releases.

KGhMHDM.png

I am the Luigi hat master! lol

XenodudeX

All day hype for LM2. Hopefully it lives up to it for you. :)

TrueBlue

Ooh I wanna get on the Luigi hat bandwagon! Can someone Luigi-fy my avatar please?

Really looking forward to this btw, absolutely adored the first.

Already confirmed earlier, but thanks, still.

So, are the UK folks here going with Shop To or Game or somewhere even cheaper? Shop To will most likely get it to you on Tuesday/Wednesday, or you can pay extra for the crappy Boo stress-ball.

Was tempted by the stress ball (for an extra £5 no thank you) or from Shopto but Zavvi had a code that made the game £26 XD
Should I link to the thread? Already have it on the OP. Nvm, will link to it.
Want me to do a write up of the review as well? Like I did for MH3U.

I assume you mean excerpts? Excerpts would be great.

Quite a short review but highlights:
  • Mansions have been evolved significantly
  • The intimacy of the original Luigi's Mansion remains
  • Everything has been improved from level variation to the quality of the puzzles
  • Mechanics have been evolved, with Luigi able to capture multiple ghost at once
  • While repetitive combat can sometimes grate in puzzle-centric games, Luigi's mansion gets it right
  • Not only one of the most wonderful games to grace the system, but also one of the prettiest.
  • "Next Level has found a way to return gamers to the world of Luigi's Mansion in a way that manages to retain its predecessor's wonderful charm, and not only that but it does so in a way that doesn't take the technical and mechanical aspects for granted. More perfectly than they could have hoped, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon fully executes Nintendo's original vision."
9/10 "Shows that prehistoric Mario how it's done"

Vexxan

You gotta give it to Nintendo that giving away one of those 5 games to people who register an XL plus the game in NA is a really fantastic deal.

DaBoss

• Everything has been improved from level variation to the quality of the puzzles
  • Mechanics have been evolved, with Luigi able to capture multiple ghost at once
  • While repetitive combat can sometimes grate in puzzle-centric games, Luigi's mansion gets it right
  • Not only one of the most wonderful games to grace the system, but also one of the prettiest.
  • "Next Level has found a way to return gamers to the world of Luigi's Mansion in a way that manages to retain its predecessor's wonderful charm, and not only that but it does so in a way that doesn't take the technical and mechanical aspects for granted. More perfectly than they could have hoped, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon fully executes Nintendo's original vision."

Ohhh, sounds reeeeeeallly good. Can you also put the review score in the post, so I can link to this instead. I'll quote the post also.

XenodudeX

Hype? Hype.

Fey

Banned
You gotta give it to Nintendo that giving away one of those 5 games to people who register an XL plus the game in NA is a really fantastic deal.

Unless you registered the XL before February 14th. ;___;

Can't wait to get this game. Sad that I won't get it until May/June, unless I want to fail school. D:

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The hype train...it's in full charge. Around - 11 for me ._.

How is the antialiasing in this game? Any chance they use the Paper Mario: Sticker Star AA when playing in 2D mode?

I'm going to buy the game either way, but that AA would greatly enhance my enjoyment of the game.

Top Bottom