• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers (3rd album, first single out now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Started listening to What U Want again after listening to Words I Never Said. If it ends up on the album, What U Want will probably be my favorite track off Lasers. I forgot how amazing it is and hope the song does get finished for the album.
Dreams-Visions said:
thanks for those. fixed.
No prob.

Ashhong

Dreams-Visions said:
good confirmation. I cleaned up a few of their errors. Here is the proper text:

[Verse 3][/B]
I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence
Fear is such a weak emotion that's why I despise it
We scared of almost of everything, afraid to even tell the truth
So scared of what you think of me, I'm scared of even telling you
Sometimes I'm like the only person I'll feel safe to tell it to
I'm locked inside a cell in me, I know that there's a jail in you
Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few
My screams is finally getting free my thoughts is finally yelling through

[/I]

Shiiiiiiiiiet

PBY

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
Hmmmmm......Typical pop shit. Reminded me of, Em and Rihanna. Going to play this asap at my gig this week.
Its pretty terrible... F and L, and the Cool were just on another level. This is just another fuckin Alex da Kid beat because he's hot shit right now, with that Skyler chick singing the hook, because shes hot right now, and it shows- it sounds like a bunch of other tracks, specifically I Need a Doctor more than anything imo. And the lyrics fucking suck.

The M.O.B

peterb0y said:
Its pretty terrible... F and L, and the Cool were just on another level. This is just another fuckin Alex da Kid beat because he's hot shit right now, with that Skyler chick singing the hook, because shes hot right now, and it shows- it sounds like a bunch of other tracks, specifically I Need a Doctor more than anything imo. And the lyrics fucking suck.

Your outta your mind Peter, you must be sleepy.

Go take a nap and listen to it again after you are alert.

Prine

Banned
peterb0y said:

I think i found the 1st post on GAF i couldn't disagree more with. This is on another level absurd.

Threi

notag
this thread was made almost two years ago

smh

day one though, although my hype has died for him a bit, lupe is still lupe. One of my favs for sure.

Kusagari

peterb0y said:

The lyrics are classic Lu. If you don't like the lyrics I don't know how you were ever a Lupe fan to begin with.

INPAQ

Neo Member
If this album just slightly achieves *The Cool* greatness, than it will be another instant HipHop classic..

On another note, where is my Lupe x BasedGod callabo..?

Kreed

I'm looking forward to this album, but I wish Lupe would get away from the Zeitgeist/9-11 Conspiracy Theory BS he's been on with some of his tracks lately.

"Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say shit!
Thats why I ain't vote for him, next one either"

I mean look at this lyric. Obama was the "president elect" at the time the bombings happened, so this says two things:

1) Unless Lupe can predict the future, that's not the real reason Lupe didn't vote for him.

2) Obama wasn't president yet, what was he going to actually do anyway?

peterb0y said:

Go Go Gadget Flow
Gold Watch
The Coolest
Kick, Push II
I Gotcha
Daydreamin
Pressure
Superstar

Are my favorite songs from Lupe

Azure J

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Go Go Gadget Flow
Gold Watch
The Coolest
Kick, Push II
I Gotcha

Daydreamin
Pressure
Superstar

Are my favorite songs from Lupe

Add American Terrorist (dat wordplay), Just Might Be Okay, & Put You On The Game and you have the better part of my most replayed songs in the past 4 or so years. Massive props for listing Go Go Gadget Flow as the first pick, that shit was insaaaaaane when I first heard it and even now it gets near daily replays.

Kreed said:
I'm looking forward to this album, but I wish Lupe would get away from the Zeitgeist/9-11 Conspiracy Theory BS he's been on with some of his tracks lately.

I mean look at this lyric. Obama was the "president elect" at the time the bombings happened, so this says two things:

1) Unless Lupe can predict the future, that's not the real reason Lupe didn't vote for him.

What he was saying was that Obama was a major politician at the time and that instead of speaking out (which he could have done as a Senator), he sat silent as those things happened. It disturbed Lupe enough to not want to vote for him or anyone else in '08. He didn't want to vote for a guy who had power and didn't use it to show some support for the people of Gaza so he decided he wasn't his kinda guy. Just another politician who ignores inconvenient/politically difficult truths.

If one believes injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, anyway.

I came pretty close to the same position after the sham of evidence that lead us into the second Iraq war was presented but not even read by Congress who went ahead and voted us into war. Without reading or questioning the intelligence at all by and large. The shit is a sad joke.

turnbuckle

Damn.

Wish he wouldn't have thrown that 9/11 line in there, but the rest of the track is excellent. Third verse especially.

turnbuckle

Kreed said:

There were bombings prior to the presidential election and around the time the primaries were going. I'm not sure how much Obama said then or in the aftermath though.

turnbuckle

ChanHuk said:
New track is hot hot hot, but am I the only one that enjoyed The Show Goes On?

Ha, I loved that one too. I kinda wore it out already though. Can't believe this album is FINALLY about to come out.

effzee

ChanHuk said:
New track is hot hot hot, but am I the only one that enjoyed The Show Goes On?

The Show Goes On is underrated IMO. Yeah it samples a popular song and I guess is a pop single but the beat is good and the verses are on point. Still got no radio play though.

Kreed

Dreams-Visions said:
What he was saying was that Obama was a major politician at the time and that instead of speaking out (which he could have done as a Senator), he sat silent as those things happened. It disturbed Lupe enough to not want to vote for him or anyone else in '08. He didn't want to vote for a guy who had power and didn't use it to show some support for the people of Gaza so he decided he wasn't his kinda guy. Just another politician who ignores inconvenient/politically difficult truths.

If one believes injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere, anyway.

I came pretty close to the same position after the sham of evidence that lead us into the second Iraq war was presented but not even read by Congress who went ahead and voted us into war. Without reading or questioning the intelligence at all by and large. The shit is a sad joke.

But as I pointed out in my previous post, Obama was already the president elect when the bombings happened and the voting was already over! How can Lupe decide not to vote for someone for something that hasn't happened yet?

turnbuckle said:
There were bombings prior to the presidential election and around the time the primaries were going. I'm not sure how much Obama said then or in the aftermath though.

The "major" Gaza bombings weren't reported until after the election though. I doubt Obama (or Lupe for that matter) heard about them until they became major news after the election was over (remember Obama was still just the President Elect).

I understand if Lupe is disappointed about Obama performance in office but we know the real reason he didn't vote for him was probably just because he didn't feel like voting/wasn't motivated by Obama at the time to get out and vote. There's no need to give "after the fact" excuses.

RJT

I'm liking it. Super Lupe Rap was also great, so I'm sure Lupe will bring his A game.

EDIT: the chorus, though, is god awful...

Imm0rt4l

I'm luke warm on the upcoming album(and I'm a big fan), I would say that it's shaping up to not be as good as F and L or the Cool, but fact of the matter is his best songs are never singles anyways.

Ephemeris

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Started listening to What U Want again after listening to Words I Never Said. If it ends up on the album, What U Want will probably be my favorite track off Lasers. I forgot how amazing it is and hope the song does get finished for the album.

No prob.

I feel you.

I'm liking the new single, but What You Want is still my fave of the Laser stuff

AzureJericho said:
Add American Terrorist (dat wordplay), Just Might Be Okay, & Put You On The Game and you have the better part of my most replayed songs in the past 4 or so years. Massive props for listing Go Go Gadget Flow as the first pick, that shit was insaaaaaane when I first heard it and even now it gets near daily replays.

Actually, Gold Watch is my favorite song:

I like street fighter 2 I just really hate Zangief
If only Ken and Ryu I find it hard to beat Blanca

Imm0rt4l

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Actually, Gold Watch is my favorite song:

I like street fighter 2 I just really hate Zangief
If only Ken and Ryu I find it hard to beat Blanca
You my good sir have excellent taste. Gold Watch was fucking dope!

"Put you on game" is one of my other favs on that album.

CRS

Streets On Fire is my favorite with Gold Watch holding second from The Cool. Great album overall though.

Ashhong

Why does it seem like Hip Hop Saved My Life isnt getting much love? By far my favorite from the Cool. Loved that track

Tabris

Streets on Fire is the third best rap song ever. Period. The only tracks better are Moment of Clarity and One Mic.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tabris said:
Streets on Fire is the third best rap song ever. Period. The only tracks better are Moment of Clarity and One Mic.
u funny

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tabris said:
Not even the 5th best song on the album. And lol @ Moment of Clarity.

Ashhong, Hip Hop Saved My Life is probably my favorite Lupe song. The story is awesome and well told, I've just overplayed the song quite a bit so I have trouble listening to it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
enzo_gt said:

Ashhong, Hip Hop Saved My Life is probably my favorite Lupe song. The story is awesome and well told, I've just overplayed the song quite a bit so I have trouble listening to it.
On a side note, Nikki Jean's last two mixtapes have been sex.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:

It's like the only rap that I learned without having to look up the lyrics too and that I rap along to every time. Great lyrics.

Nicki's mixtapes have been good? Maybe I should check it out..

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
nevermind

edit: New song is sick. Love how the beat drops and he always has a sick flow

Ashhong

Official tracklist. Beautiful Lasers!

1. Letting Go (Feat. Sarah Green)
2. Words I Never Said (Feat. Skylar Grey)
3. Till I Get There
4. I Don’t Wanna Care Right Now (Feat. MDMA)
5. Out Of My Head (Feat. Trey Songz)
6. The Show Goes On
7. Beautiful Lasers, (Two Ways) (Feat. MDMA)
8. Coming up (Feat. MDMA)
9. State Run Radio (Feat. Matt Mahaffey)
10. Break The Chain (Feat. Eric Turner & Sway)
11. All Black Everything
12. Never Forget You (Feat. John Legend)

Imm0rt4l

Only 12 tracks?

Tabris said:
It's not even the 3rd best song on the album.

not that it's a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom