• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers (3rd album, first single out now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

~Devil Trigger~ said:
01 Red Intro
02 How Many Mics
03 Ready Or Not
04 Zealots
05 The Beast
06 Fu-Gee-La
07 Family Business
08 Killing Me Softly
09 The Score
10 The Mask
11 Cowboys
12 No Woman No Cry
13 Manifest / Outro

Let me aid you with this

1. The Genesis
2. New York State of Mind
3. Life's A Bitch
4. The World Is Yours
5. Halftime
6. Memory Lane (Sittin' In da Park)
7. One Love
8. One Time 4 Your Mind
9. Represent
10. It Ain't Hard To Tell

As much as one could debate any artists' ability to put out an album of Illmatic's caliber, deriding his album because of length is a very silly thing to do.

KAL2006

Banned
Lets list what tracks could have been in the original lasers

Shinin' Down
I'm Beamin'
What You Want
SLR
Go To Sleep

Damn I hope these tracks are atleast BONUS tracks, if not I will add in the tacks myself

Imm0rt4l

It's understandable that shining down didn't make the cut, that song leaked years ago. I'm beamin was my favorite track that leaked though.

CRS

KAL2006 said:
Lets list what tracks could have been in the original lasers

Shinin' Down
I'm Beamin'
What You Want
SLR
Go To Sleep

Damn I hope these tracks are atleast BONUS tracks, if not I will add in the tacks myself

Go To Sleep is from Food and Liquor 2. I doubt it'll even show up on there at this point. SLR was a response to Soulja Boy's comments so I don't think it'll be on an album anytime soon.

As for the other three, we'll see if they get bonus track treatment.

CRS

Obviously because the number of records sold determines quality and only real artists have platinum records.

SUPREME1

Banned
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Obviously because the number of records sold determines quality and only real artists have platinum records.

Pretty much.

Don't tell me you believe everyone can be an artist and has talent? If it's true talent it'll appeal to the masses and sell very well.

If not, it's likely not that great and someone needs to take off their rose-tinted glasses.

SUPREME1

Banned
ChldRebelSoldr said:

ChldRebelSoldr said:

For the most part, yeah. There are exceptions, but Lupe is not one of them.

Please don't tell me you believe everyone can be an artist and has talent? True and undeniable talent will appeal to the masses and sell very well.

If not, it's likely not that great and someone needs to take off their rose-tinted glasses.

Eminem
Michael Jackson
Led Zeppelin

^Regardless of genre, if it's great it'll sell like hotcakes. Again, there are exceptions (Lady Gaga, 50cent, Brittney Sprears, etc.) to the rule. But if you aren't selling at all, then you probably aren't that talented. If you werem you'd have sold somewhat successfully.

Dresden

ImperialConquest said:
^Regardless of genre, if it's great it'll sell like hotcakes. Again, there are exceptions (Lady Gaga, 50cent, Brittney Sprears, etc.) to the rule. But if you aren't selling at all, then you probably aren't that talented. If you werem you'd have sold somewhat successfully.
You're just trolling, and I'm biting.

What a load of shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
AzureJericho said:
Let me aid you with this

1. The Genesis
2. New York State of Mind
3. Life's A Bitch
4. The World Is Yours
5. Halftime
6. Memory Lane (Sittin' In da Park)
7. One Love
8. One Time 4 Your Mind
9. Represent
10. It Ain't Hard To Tell

As much as one could debate any artists' ability to put out an album of Illmatic's caliber, deriding his album because of length is a very silly thing to do.

Props +10

j-wood

What is all the info you guys have about F & L II? Lupe is already talking about his next album and lasers isn't even out yet?

By the way, just let me say, the final verse in words I never said is SICK.

CRS

Not sure when it first started to show up but I'm pretty sure talk about it picked up when he released a snippet for Go To Sleep and it had Food & Liquor II: TGARA in the album info.

ImperialConquest said:

Please don't tell me you believe everyone can be an artist and has talent? True and undeniable talent will appeal to the masses and sell very well.

Eminem
Michael Jackson
Led Zeppelin

But Lupe's 2 albums sold pretty well...THey didn't go platinum, but hardly anyone does these days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ImperialConquest said:

Eminem
Michael Jackson
Led Zeppelin

tributetwo4eooo.gif

Talent is very subjective, but it's really ridiculous to discredit an artist just because he/she has not gone platinum. I'm sure you have tons of artists on your playlist that have not gone platinum...

Kusagari

ImperialConquest said:

So, selling over 350k with your first album and going gold with your second isn't 'somewhat' successful? Okay then.

Ashhong

Teetris said:
Is F&L2 only in name like the first one or also in style of the songs?

No details about this have been announced at all. The only song that may be on it that we have heard is Go To Sleep.

CRS

Little to no info about the album/tracks has been released about F&L2 except for the Intro a capella Ashong posted and Go To Sleep.

Based on the Intro alone, it seems he's going in a similar style to 1.

Baby Milo

ImperialConquest said:

Eminem
Michael Jackson
Led Zeppelin

why would you do this to yourself?

SUPREME1

Banned
Lupe is maybe a Top 90 rapper. He's right around the same level as a Bizzy Bone or Gorilla Black. At least they had street cred.

Lupe looks like a snitch.

SUPREME1

Banned
Why is it that Lupe never fucks with weed or liquor?

Kinda like an undercover cop who don't partake in coke or meth when offered. Think about it.

The M.O.B

All Black Everything is out if you got the iTunes Pass.

It's Dope, but I wish the beat wasn't so overpowering, sometimes hard to hear his lyrics.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Stat Flow said:
Wait, so I haven't paid any attention to Lasers since Go To Sleep came out. A fucking tracklisting came out and Go To Sleep isn't on it? Not to mention it doesn't look impressive either?

I guess I was wrong to expect a spiritual successor to The Cool/F&L :|
Yeah, its definitely not that...

Dude might still be able to salvage it if he throws Skylar Grey on every track.

Bowser

Stat Flow said:
Wait, so I haven't paid any attention to Lasers since Go To Sleep came out. A fucking tracklisting came out and Go To Sleep isn't on it? Not to mention it doesn't look impressive either?

I guess I was wrong to expect a spiritual successor to The Cool/F&L :|

Wha...what the fuck is this shit? Where is Matthew Santos?

Go 2 Sleep was always for F&L2, which is supposed to be the Lupe's next album.

and yeah, I wish Lupe could have released his actual version of Lasers :|

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bowser said:
Go 2 Sleep was always for F&L2, which is supposed to be the Lupe's next album.

Oh okay so we can expect a great Lupe album in 2020 right after Jay-E comes out with Act II. Fantastic. And what happened to Friend of The People? Arghhh, fuck it, I'm not going to keep up with Lupe and his shenanigans.

All black everything is pretty good.

It's not going to be the cool or f&l, guys, but it's still gonna be good.

the other song is asscheeks tho.

The M.O.B

Here the lyrics for All Black Everything for those that care anymore

you would never know,
if you could ever be,
if you never try,
you would never see
stayed in Africa,
we ain't never leave,
so there were no slaves in our history
Were no slave ships, were no misery, call me crazy, or isn't he
see i fell asleep and i had a dream, it was all black everything

uh, and we ain't get exploited,
white man ain't feared so he did not destroy it
we ain't work for free, see they had to employ it
built it up together so we equally appointed
first 400 years, see we actually enjoyed it
constitution written by the W.E.B. Du Bois
were no reconstructions, civil war got avoided
little black Sambo grows up to be a lawyer
extra extra on the news stands
black woman voted head of klu klux klan
Malcolm little dies as a old man
Martin Luther King read the eulogy for him
followed by bill o'reilly who read from the Quran
president bush sends condolences from Iran
where fox news reports live
that ahmedinijad wins mandela peace prize

you would never know,
if you could ever be,
if you never try,
you would never see
stayed in africa,
we ain't never leave,

uh, and it ain't no projects,
keepin it real is not an understood concept
yea, complexions not a contest
cuz racism has no context
hip-hop ain't got a section called conscious
everybody rappin like crack never happened
crips never occurred nor bloods to attack them
matter a fact no hood to attack in
Somalia is a great place to relax in
Fred Astaire was the first to do a backspin
the rat pack was cool group of black men
that inspired the five white guys called the jacksons
eminem fitted in but then again he inspired a black rapper tryin to mimic him
and thats a really rose up out of michigan, the sign of white rapper by the name of 50 cent

you would never know,
if you could ever be,
if you never try,
you would never see
stayed in Africa,
we ain't never leave,

uh, and I know it's just a fantasy
i cordially invite you to ask why can't it be
now we can do nothing bout the past
but we can do something about the future that we have
we can make fast or we can make it last
every woman queenin' and every man a kingin'
when those color lines come we cant seen between
we just close our eyes till its all black everything

you would never know,
if you could ever be,
if you never try,
you would never see
stayed in Africa,
we ain't never leave,

On another topic, if this album is a mainstream success, what makes Lupe think Atlantic Records is just going to let him put together his own album this time? Atlantic is just going to do the same thing over again, and he will whine about it and eventually give in just like he did with lasers. I feel abused

Kusagari

Lupe just needs to get away from Atlantic and sign with Kanye. He'd let Lu do his thing. The best I'm hoping for right now is that at least half the songs on Lasers are old Lu and the other half are mainstream stuff.

yencid

lupe said it himself. He does not give a fuck about this album (theres an interview where he says exactly this)

he is tired of atlantic

exarkun

I hope this is a mainstream hit for him though. Maybe it'll give him leeway.

who am I kidding? If big boi couldn't get it, then no one can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom