• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers (3rd album, first single out now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemo

9. State Run Radio (Feat. Matt Mahaffey)
Matt fucking Mahaffey? You have to be kidding me, that's amazing.

If anyone doesn't know, this guy was the lead of the band Self in the mid-90s through the early 00s.

The M.O.B

Imm0rt4l said:
Only 12 tracks?
iTunes is supposed to get a couple bonus tracks

Regarding the tracklist, Lupe is definitely going a bit "softer" if you will with the tracks. I'm not expecting it to be anything like The Cool or F&L.

I'll be happy if we just get something unique and not too many club songs, which he said he had a few.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ashhong said:
Official tracklist. Beautiful Lasers!

1. Letting Go (Feat. Sarah Green)
2. Words I Never Said (Feat. Skylar Grey)
3. Till I Get There
4. I Don’t Wanna Care Right Now (Feat. MDMA)
5. Out Of My Head (Feat. Trey Songz)
6. The Show Goes On
7. Beautiful Lasers, (Two Ways) (Feat. MDMA)
8. Coming up (Feat. MDMA)
10. Break The Chain (Feat. Eric Turner & Sway)
11. All Black Everything
12. Never Forget You (Feat. John Legend)
12 tracks? Eat a dick, Lupe

Ashhong

Phloxy said:
So, no shining down, I'm beamin, go to sleep, none of them at all? Why not?

Go To Sleep is supposed to be on Food and Liquor 2 isnt it? As for the others, they werent hits, at all. And they were released so long ago. I can see why they wouldn't put it on. And yea, there probably will be iTunes bonus tracks.

KAL2006

Banned
Ashhong said:
Official tracklist. Beautiful Lasers!

1. Letting Go (Feat. Sarah Green)
2. Words I Never Said (Feat. Skylar Grey)
3. Till I Get There
4. I Don’t Wanna Care Right Now (Feat. MDMA)
5. Out Of My Head (Feat. Trey Songz)
6. The Show Goes On
8. Coming up (Feat. MDMA)
10. Break The Chain (Feat. Eric Turner & Sway)
11. All Black Everything

where is Shinin' Down and I'm Beamin'. I thought those tracks were part of Lasers album. Has Lupe changed the album, I thought it just got delayed.

KAL2006 said:
where is Shinin' Down and I'm Beamin'. I thought those tracks were part of Lasers album. Has Lupe changed the album, I thought it just got delayed.

in all honesty, would you even want those two tracks on the album? I mean, I do like Shinin' Down and I'm Beamin' as much as the other Lupe stan but they've been on the net for AGES. I'd rather listen to new shit.

KAL2006

Banned
spindashing said:
in all honesty, would you even want those two tracks on the album? I mean, I do like Shinin' Down and I'm Beamin' as much as the other Lupe stan but they've been on the net for AGES. I'd rather listen to new shit.

I'm afraid that some other tracks we haven't heard that where supposed to be in the original Lasers album will be missing

KAL2006 said:
I'm afraid that some other tracks we haven't heard that where supposed to be in the original Lasers album will be missing

Probably, but from what I remember...

Those three tracks at least were slated to be on the album, for he performed the first two at concerts and an early version of the third track leaked onto the internet.

I'm dying to hear State Run Radio, though. After hearing a live recording of that song from the Stepping Lasers tour, I knew I would overplay the shit out of it.

DY_nasty

-htownplaya- said:
Quality > Quantity

Rather have 12 great songs, than a bunch of filler tracks.
Lupe needs to get over himself... he keeps going on about how its about the fans and the evil recording studios and at the same time he makes it damn near impossible to be a fan of his because of how little he puts out. Hell, some guys make more music while they're behind bars or recovering from hospital stays.

So uh.... yeah, 12 tracks after waiting for years... thanks Lupe... :|

HiResDes

spindashing said:
....I think I'm getting hyped for this album again. That tracklist isn't so bad...
I don't understand how anybody looks at a tracklist and gets hyped, especially this particular one...

HiResDes said:
I don't understand how anybody looks at a tracklist and gets hyped, especially this particular one...

Well, it could be worse. Now I'd like to see the producers attached to the product. I posted that because I saw Sarah Green, Sway, John Legend and Matt Mahaffey featured on the track list and I do like those artists...

I'm not sure who Eric Turner and MDMA are though.

Edit: How can't someone be hyped/excited/etc for a tracklist in general? I could understand not being particularly attached to this one, but a tracklist featuring some of your favorite artists is quite certain to garner some interest.

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:

Well, Lupe hasnt put out a bad album, in fact, both of his albums have been excellent. His latest single is fantastic, and we all know what Lupe is capable of...I think thats why a lot of us are excited.

Ashhong

Lebron said:
Trey Songz? Get the fuck out with that mess

I dont know, I heard a live recording of it and it sounded nice. Although the quality wasn't great and I couldn't hear Trey Songz very well.

Lebron

Ashhong said:
I dont know, I heard a live recording of it and it sounded nice. Although the quality wasn't great and I couldn't hear Trey Songz very well.
Yeah, I just watched it too. The quality is too crap to hear if Lupe was able to overcome the shitty that is Trey.

HiResDes

spindashing said:
Well, it could be worse. Now I'd like to see the producers attached to the product. I posted that because I saw Sarah Green, Sway, John Legend and Matt Mahaffey featured on the track list and I do like those artists...

I'm not sure who Eric Turner and MDMA are though.

Edit: How can't someone be hyped/excited/etc for a tracklist in general? I could understand not being particularly attached to this one, but a tracklist featuring some of your favorite artists is quite certain to garner some interest.

Huh? Are we looking at the same tracklist?...The only person on there that excites me personally is John Legend.

HiResDes said:
Huh? Are we looking at the same tracklist?...The only person on there that excites me personally is John Legend.

When I typed in "your favorite artists", I did not necessarily mean you. I meant a hypothetical tracklist that features artists that a person would like and my question was, how wouldn't a person get excited over seeing said artists? I understand that you may not/don't like the tracklist, that's why I posted "I could understand not being particularly attached to this one."

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DY_nasty said:
12 tracks? Eat a dick, Lupe

01 Red Intro
02 How Many Mics
03 Ready Or Not
04 Zealots
05 The Beast
06 Fu-Gee-La
07 Family Business
08 Killing Me Softly
09 The Score
10 The Mask
11 Cowboys
12 No Woman No Cry
13 Manifest / Outro

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
HiResDes said:
You think those 12 tracks are gonna be as good as those on The Score?
im not betting on that, but i was just making a point, u can have a classic with a small amount of tracks.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
01 Red Intro
02 How Many Mics
03 Ready Or Not
04 Zealots
05 The Beast
06 Fu-Gee-La
07 Family Business
08 Killing Me Softly
09 The Score
10 The Mask
11 Cowboys
12 No Woman No Cry
13 Manifest / Outro
glgaS.gif

Pinko Marx said:
Disappointed with no "I'm Beaming". Idc how long its been on the internet it was a great song.
It has been around for awhile, like I said but actually it is a bit odd that I'm Beamin' wasn't included when it happens to be a single, though. I do prefer I'm Beamin' and Shining Down to The Show Goes On, that's for sure.

Also, I could have sworn Beautiful Lasers would feature Matthew Santos.

HiResDes said:
What album is SLR going to be on? That's going to be the one I take seriously.
I don't think SLR is going to be on any album. It was just a track done to address the whole Soulja Boy thing.

Go To Sleep on the other hand will be on Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album.

HiResDes

spindashing said:
I don't think SLR is going to be on any album. It was just a track done to address the whole Soulja Boy thing.

Go To Sleep on the other hand will be on Food and Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album.

Oh nice I really like Go To Sleep as well...But for some reason I always envisioned Lasers being the grimier album, but it looks like I might be wrong.

DY_nasty

~Devil Trigger~ said:
01 Red Intro
02 How Many Mics
03 Ready Or Not
04 Zealots
05 The Beast
06 Fu-Gee-La
07 Family Business
08 Killing Me Softly
09 The Score
10 The Mask
11 Cowboys
12 No Woman No Cry
13 Manifest / Outro
If only Lupe was anywhere near that good or reliable.

If only Lupe hadn't got worse over the past few years.

Bishman

Go to sleep > The entire Lasers album

I am not hyped at all for this album? Who is ready for Lupe to drop this album for the label... then focus on Food & Liquor II?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Quality of tracks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quantity.

Not hyped for Lasers because well, it's been a while Lupe. Only thing I cared about recently aside from Words I Never Said and Show Goes On was SLR, even still that's not exactly a song per ce that I can go back and listen to a thousand times.

disappeared said:
Wasn't this supposed to be a triple-disc album, or was that LupEND?
Atlantic Records did not allow him to do LupEND as it was a breach in the contract to suddenly "end" his rapping career, and Lupe himself changed his mind about doing LupEND. Yes, LupEND was to be the 3 disc album.

CRS

No "What U Want"? Fuck you Lupe. Here's hoping that it's a bonus track.

I wonder if the bonus tracks will be/contain Shining Down and/or I'm Beamin'.

I am a little excited for the album after I saw the tracklist but I'm still more excited for F&L2. We'll see as the album gets closer to release.

The M.O.B

ChldRebelSoldr said:
No "What U Want"? Fuck you Lupe. Here's hoping that it's a bonus track.

I wonder if the bonus tracks will be/contain Shining Down and/or I'm Beamin'.

I am a little excited for the album after I saw the tracklist but I'm still more excited for F&L2. We'll see as the album gets closer to release.

What U Want already leaked in High quality, you know how anal Lupe can be about leaks.

CRS

Yeah but it's unmastered and I really wanted to hear a (possibly better!) finished version. I guess we'll never know. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom