• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MacGruber is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
If liked Hot Rod and hated Mcgruber, you need to watch it again.

If you hated Hot Rod and liked Mcgruber, clearly you are on crack.

If you hated Hot Rod and hated McGruber, fuck you dude.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
All this talk about Hot Rod and MacGruber is all but guaranteeing that I'm going to watch both of these in the near future.

I had to close the tab because I was dying laughing at the gif and text.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
While I agree the the humor in MacGruber is pretty sick, the reason that scene is funny is that it's a play on all those cheesy action flicks from the 80's and 90's where the hero has to kill his ex-friend who turned bad because of some perceived slight or misunderstanding.

Yeah, there's a lot of irony and parody woven into this movie, which is part of its appeal to me.

y2dvd

Hot Rod was a movie I know I should hate, but enjoyed how random it was. MacGruber sounds like another one of those movies. I need to check it out sometime.

V_Arnold

Oh, MacGruber is classic. It is amazing. For me, it is one of the best self-conscious comedy films of all time. OF ALL TIME.

R2D4

Banned
MacGruber is awesome. Totally hilarious. I saw it in the theater with a friend and we roared with laughter the whole time. Probably pissed off the other 4 people in the theater. I can see how people would not like it though. And those people are probably pretty boring.

This movie got shitty reviews and was pretty much a box office bomb. I, however, love it. The main shtick is just hilarious to me for some reason and I never get tired of it. The amount of completely inappropriate swearing and irreverent humor gets me every time I watch it. I'm really glad they went with an R rating. The lead actor commits so hard to the role of Macgruber, I can't help but think of Jim Carrey's performance in Ace Venture. I think it's amazing that these guys can play such amazingly weird characters so well. I have no idea how the other actors are able to keep a straight face while shooting scenes. Don't get me wrong, some parts of the movie are just terrible, but even those are golden in their own way.

Macgruber is up there with Ace Ventura and Austin Powers for me and I think more people should see it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Two of my friends were tired as hell when we started watching it and fell asleep about 15 minutes before the first sex scene. Was trying so hard not to burst out laughing and shortly after while the sex was still going on one of my friends woke up confused as fuck.

Grifter

I saw this a few months ago and was shocked at how much I loved it. I'm never going to try to convince anyone it's a "great" movie, but certain scenes made me crack up so hard I'm more than willing to forgive anything sub-par that surrounds them. The scene where MacGruber is telling Ryan Phillippe's character about his relationship with Cunth fits so well with my dark sense of humor that it kills me every time I see the scene.

Lt. Dixon Piper: Why did he do it? Why did Cunth kill your wife?
MacGruber: To this day, I have no idea. We actually all went to college together. Believe it or not, we were very close friends. Then after graduation, he got engaged to her. He asked me to be his best man and right about that time, I started banging her and mowing her box. She was actually the first person I felt comfortable enough around to let eat out my butt. Anyway, shortly thereafter, she left him for me. She was actually carrying his child at the time. I asked her to terminate it, obviously, so we could start fresh. And she agreed. We were so in love. And he took that from me.
Lt. Dixon Piper: That's really fucked up.
MacGruber: Thanks.

No matter how hard I try though, I still haven't been able to convince any of my friends to watch it.

THANK YOU! That exchange slayed me.

Fusebox

Banned
Loved the way it started off, especially
his awesome team getting wiped in the van explosion
but it couldn't sustain that level imo.

Ravager61

I don't even understand how this is possible.

Read the thread?

I find it strange that people who dislike this movie seem to despise it so much. It's not like it was this huge success that everyone quotes constantly. It has a bit of a cult following but I don't know why it seems to generate so much hate from its detractors.

Zabka

Way better than it had any right to be. Dumb as hell and hilarious.

iva9R6e6yt24g.gif

The delivery of a lot of the lines in this movie is what makes it. Will Forte swings from 80s action star confidence to sexually confused desperation so well.

Time to gif some throat rips.

tino

Banned
My favorite joke of the movie is that they actually got a pretty normal looking chick to play as the female lead.

So many great lines. Forte was great in the piper office scene and the airport scream was pretty intense. I knew it was going to be good though.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Decent movie. Had some laugh out loud moments, and some moments that fell flat. Definitely worth a look though. Your mileage may vary.

Acid08

Banned
To add to MacGruber vs Hot Rod, you're a fucking idiot if you think MacGruber has anything on Hot Rod. Hot Rod is a modern comedy classic.

SyNapSe

I normally hate dumb comedy so I would have never seen this but a friend kept mentioning it. One day I saw it was on HBO so I recorded it thinking I'd give it a shot when I was bored. I think it sat there for months and then I got around to watching it.

I thought it was fucking hilarious.

Grinchy

Banned
I know there are people on the internet who like furries, ponies, and all sorts of things I can never get into. I just can't ignore the fact that there are people who like this movie.

Take yourselves out of the gene pool, please.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I know there are people on the internet who like furries, ponies, and all sorts of things I can never get into. I just can't ignore the fact that there are people who like this movie.

Name one comedy that you like so that I can ignore it completely.

Looked like shit. I hated Hot Rod, so I didn't bother seeing this.

Hot Rod was one of the best comedies I've seen in recent watchings.

But comedy is SO subjective that there is no point in discussing it on the internet. Comedy and Horror. And everything. What's the point of discussion boards again?

I was going to say your an ass for judging people in that way. But honestly, if somebody likes; Epic Move, Meet the Spartans... whatever the other ones are. I instantly lose respect for them and think they possess very little intelligence. So, I'm a hypocrite.

Funniest movie in years. Roommate has it on blu-ray, we pop it in every now and then. Still as funny as the first time.

But yeah, it's totally stupid and immature, so I can see why a lot of people don't like it.

Never seen Hot Rod tho

weeeaaaaak

Zabka

Invincible after TPB14 spoilers: My friend ruined the Atom Eve
abortion
for me right after I finished the 14th tpb.

tumblr_lmlh8bRizK1qfl19wo1_500.gif

Every time I pick up an Invincible comic lately I think "Man what the fuck am I reading here?" The Dinosaurus stuff...just odd. Anyway...

iDaC4ZVN9aYEU.gif

Ragnarok

Macgruber is one of the most hilarious movies from start to finish that i've ever seen. I would not want to hang out with someone that thought it was crap. For shame.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I have never agreed with Dreams-Visions on anything. Didn't think there was a single person I could ever disagree with more. If I was a super hero, he would definitely be my arch-enemy (and he would obviously be the villian, what with a shaved head and a penchant for hating quality entertainment like MacGruber!)

Every time I pick up an Invincible comic lately I think "Man what the fuck am I reading here?" The Dinosaurus stuff...just odd. Anyway...

iDaC4ZVN9aYEU.gif

McG: How's the nose, rookie?

Piper: It's fine. I just banged it into a giant vagina.

McG: Haha, so my face is a vagina? Well...I bet you wish your nose was a dick, so you could use it to fuck butts.

And then the colonel returning, ""guys guys guys guys GUYS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom