• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road Comic Con Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

They put up the Official site.

Hero Complex has a interview with George Miller:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movi...r-on-car-crashes-tom-hardys-animal-magnetism/
Hero Complex: Those tools have changed to an incredible degree since you made the original “Mad Max” movies. A lot of people feel the way those movies were made was more pure than today’s CGI spectacles.

George Miller: Well, we made a big, big point to go old-school with “Fury Road.” There are moments of green screen mainly for some landscape, but this is not a green screen movie. We crashed a lot of cars; every stunt was done, if not by the cast then by some very fine stunt men; and it was shot on a real location. I’ve had enough experience with CG to know that you can’t really get some of that immersive material authentic in a way. Cumulatively, it’s appreciated by an audience. It feels more real.

Thought this took place after the events of the 1st movie. Is that not the case?

Nope. Miller and nobody from the production ever said that. It was just some rumor started up just like Mel supposedly having a cameo when little to no info was known about the film.

8bit

Knows the Score
Brendan McCarthy writing credit, too. Thought he was just on design, but it looks amazing.

--

Wow, just someone on twitter tell me the script is mostly storyboards, and Max only says about 20 lines. Also, interested to hear what Junkie XL does with the soundtrack.

Looks damn good.

i8oN69pyJnrx2.gif
Motorstorm Apocalypse the movie

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I just love how Miller still got such visual energy: zooms, insane angles, neckbreaking camera movements, really gives a great sense of speed

I will say that when the first stills debuted I was worried the desaturated look would mean the film would look more "Book of Eli" but thankfully thats not the case.

I had that same worry, but this movie looks very colorful. There are a ton of beautifully framed shots as well, as you pointed out.

bengraven

JESUS CHRIST, this looks almost BETTER than the original. I seriously haven't been so hyped for a trailer since 300.

This came out of left field for me, even though I love the original trilogy already. I just thought Fury Road would be a fun big budget B-film.

Simo

I just love how Miller still got such visual energy: zooms, insane angles, neckbreaking camera movements, really gives a great sense of speed

I wish they would also release the Mad Max Trilogy montage trailer they showed at the con before the Fury Road footage. The montage capped off with this awesome overheard crane shot of the War Rig and all these cars pursuing it in a canyon.

Again this first look WB released is just 2 minutes out of the 6 minutes of footage shown at the con. More of the footage showed Max eating the lizard, more of the crazy characters like the mutant guitarists rocking out during the chase with flames coming out the instruments and an extended look at the tornado chase and aftermath with Nicholas Hoult's character, Nux, and Max.

Tame

Loved the Mad Max films as a kid.

This trailer....wow

never been this hyped for a film before.

how could i have doubted you George Millar

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I wish they would also release the Mad Max Trilogy montage trailer they showed at the con before the Fury Road footage. The montage capped off with this awesome overheard crane shot of the War Rig and all these cars pursuing it in a canyon.

Again this first look WB released is just 2 minutes out of the 6 minutes of footage shown at the con. More of the footage showed Max eating the lizard, more of the crazy characters like the mutant guitarists rocking out during the chase with flames coming out the instruments and an extended look at the tornado chase and aftermath with Nicholas Hoult's character, Nux, and Max.

damn I hope we get to see it soon although I'm already bloody sold on this!

hydruxo

I was looking forward to this movie but I don't think I was expecting to be that impressed by that trailer. Wow. This just skyrocketed up my most anticipated movies list. 2015 is going to be a hell of a year for film!

abadguy

Banned
Got the original trilogy a few weeks ago on Blu Ray. One of the few trilogies where there is not a bad one in the bunch. Beyond Thunderdome is my least favorite but it's still good.

As someone who has never seen a Mad Max movie, that looked stunning. I think I need to watch the originals.

They are great action movies and all three have different feel to them. Especially concerning the first movie which feels completely different from the next two. Probably one of my favorite things about them is having characters sporting names like , "The Toecutter", "The Nightrider", "Bubba Zeneti", "Lord Humongous", "Auntie Entity" and "Master Blaster". Good to see the new movie will continue with that.

Simo

This is the perfect time they should rerelease them! Unless they already have? But I haven't seen them in ages, the only one I remember is beyond the thunderdome.

Yeah WB re-released the first two on Blu Ray along with Thunderdome but didn't really touch the PQ or audio on the release.

Scream Factory is releasing a CE for the first film next year on Blu.

So is this movie a reboot or retelling of the first movie or a "continuation" of the trilogy and takes places years after MM3?

Reboot. Miller is reimagining the Wasteland he created 30 years ago and Tom Hardy is offering his take and "reinvention" for Max.

They're not retelling anything or remaking the old movies. You can jump into Fury Road without seeing the others. The start of the film also explains Max's backstory too which is similar to the original movie.

By all means though, like everyone else has said, check out the original trilogy! You can skip the first one honestly as it hasn't aged well but the characters are something else including the villain "Toecutter".

bengraven

I think you're confusing her with the equally talentless Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

No, the other girl, behind her. The one with the crazy quirks (does the finger thing). White hair, brown dress.

The start of the film also explains Max's backstory too which is similar to the original movie.

So Mad Max happened, it's just giving us a different story post part 1.

Foggy

Damn, and to think I was worried that Miller got old and lost a step...

So Mad Max happened, it's just giving us a different story post part 1.

It's not like the three movies had the strongest narrative through-line, so really this could be a reboot/prequel/sequel all in one. Either way, bill it as a reboot so people don't feel intimidated by not seeing the three prior films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom