• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max PC performance thread

GTX 980ti
i7-2600k @4.3
8GB RAM
Windows 10

Only in the opening area right now but the game is running between about 110 and 145 FPS with everything maxed.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm at 1440p.

This thing isn't capped at 60 is it? If its as well performing as people are indicating, 144 would be sweet for the arcadey car combat. Im dl'ing atm, curious to get a look at the .ini as well.

Good question.

Can anyone confirm if the game can run at higher than 60 fps?

Edit:

GTX 980ti
i7-2600k @4.3
8GB RAM
Windows 10

Only in the opening area right now but the game is running between about 110 and 145 FPS with everything maxed.

Good to know. Thanks.

bede-x

Based on the opening area this seems incredibly well optimised. Don't know it I can actually get it to deviate from 60fps, even if I tried (i7 4770/GTX 980) at 1080p. Very pleased so far.

Skii

If the PC version has that embarrassingly bad pop-in, I'm not buying it. It is so distracting to see the scenery constantly pop-in as you drive.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Game runs superbly well for me as well, Avalanche rocking it as per usual on PC :)

This is on a GTX 970, i5 2500k (4.2 ghz) and 8GB of RAM. Doesn't waver from 60fps at 1080p. so far anyway. Might try some downsampling tomorrow, gotta go to bed now. But happy so far!

I believe it still does. someone correct me if mistaken.

I honestly don't recall seeing it in the starting area that much if at all but I really need to spend a lot more time with it. I'm sure other folks will play more than me right now :)

DukeBobby

i7 4790k
GTX 970
16GB RAM
Windows 10

Downsampled from 1440p, maximum settings, and not a single drop under 60fps.

Downsampled from 4k, maximum settings, and I'm getting 35-40fps.

Phionoxx

Huh. Getting great performance but twice now I've been hit with a bug where the sound cuts out for the most part (engine sounds, dialog) and then the world seems to stop loading and I can fall through the ground. Restarting the game seems to fix it for a short while. Hopefully I can figure out what is causing the issue.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is one of those games I'd like but not enough at full price, I'm glad to hear it works properly though.

Huh. Getting great performance but twice now I've been hit with a bug where the sound cuts out for the most part (engine sounds, dialog) and then the world seems to stop loading and I can fall through the ground. Restarting the game seems to fix it for a short while. Hopefully I can figure out what is causing the issue.

Some of what you are experiencing was mentioned in the Polygon review I think.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's been 40-50% off on GMG the last few weeks

Honestly I'm not super bothered, I still have Metro Redux to finish, I'm about 80% done with Witcher 3, Diablo season 4 just started and Van Helsing Final Cut comes out next month and my friend wants to play it together. My plate is pretty full right now. I will grab it at some point though.

I went Xbox One on this but given all these positive notes, I'm thinking I might double dip on PC for a second playthrough down the line on my 980, downsampling from 1440p and running at 60fps is enough incentive for me.

Phionoxx

Some of what you are experiencing was mentioned in the Polygon review I think.

I checked on Steam and did a local file verification, came back saying I was missing 11 files which amounted to 4.7 GB worth of data. No idea how I was able to play the game if I was missing that much. I bet that will help! Hopefully.

baphomet

Looking forward to checking this out on Friday. Seems like I shouldn't have any issues locking it at or close to 144hz at 1440p on max.

Jtrizzy

yeah this runs like butter. I've only played to just after the part when they obtain a body for the car. I was downsampling from 4K, and I think I saw drops from the perfectly locked 60 when all the explosions happen, but it could've been all the craziness going on. Driving around in the world there aren't any, but I can't read afterburner when I go to 4K, so I couldn't tell during the explosions after getting the frame. I sit about 5 feet from my 50" plasma but the downsampling makes the OSD text too small to read. I also have this problem where it reads out the entire long ass number for VRAM, and it says it's using like 4.3 iirc, of course that can't be right.

2x 970's, 2600k@4.5

Tovarisc

yeah this runs like butter. I've only played to just after the part when they obtain a body for the car. I was downsampling from 4K, and I think I saw drops from the perfectly locked 60 when all the explosions happen, but it could've been all the craziness going on. Driving around in the world there aren't any, but I can't read afterburner when I go to 4K, so I couldn't tell during the explosions after getting the frame. I sit about 5 feet from my 50" plasma but the downsampling makes the OSD text too small to read. I also have this problem where it reads out the entire long ass number for VRAM, and it says it's using like 4.3 iirc, of course that can't be right.

2x 970's, 2600k@4.5

Why it can't be right? If game uses 4.3, but only 3.5-4 is available it just means that data will be swapped in and out of VRAM as needed because not everything can be loaded into memory at once.

Corpekata

Banned
Why it can't be right? If game uses 4.3, but only 3.5-4 is available it just means that data will be swapped in and out of VRAM as needed because not everything can be loaded into memory at once.

Because the program he is using measures current VRAM useage on the GPU. It wouldn't know how to read that a game was using above his card and swapping in at out, it would just know how much VRAM is being used currently.

GavinUK86

Driving around in the world there aren't any, but I can't read afterburner when I go to 4K, so I couldn't tell during the explosions after getting the frame. I sit about 5 feet from my 50" plasma but the downsampling makes the OSD text too small to read

You know you can make that bigger right?

Maddanth

Got this game on ps4 as I was able to get it this past Friday instead. I'm not really a PC guy but recently had someone build me an I7 4790 4.5 GHz (I believe) with 16 gb ram and a GTX 970. I've already put a good 8 hours on console, but will it be that big of a difference playing on the PC noted above? Again, keep in mind I'm new to PC gaming, but reading that they did a really good job with PC port. Can anyone give me some recommendations? Or what would u Guys do? Start over to play on PC? Or keep going with ps4?

Corpekata

Banned
Got this game on ps4 as I was able to get it this past Friday instead. I'm not really a PC guy but recently had someone build me an I7 4790 4.5 GHz (I believe) with 16 gb ram and a GTX 970. I've already put a good 8 hours on console, but will it be that big of a difference playing on the PC noted above? Again, keep in mind I'm new to PC gaming, but reading that they did a really good job with PC port. Can anyone give me some recommendations? Or what would u Guys do? Start over to play on PC? Or keep going with ps4?

Depends on if you care about 60+ FPS and your living situation. Don't know if I'd get a different version 8 hours in. Maybe double dip on sale later on.

2FV1vaf.jpg

fSWGugu.gif

bede-x

Can anyone give me some recommendations? Or what would u Guys do? Start over to play on PC? Or keep going with ps4?

Nobody but you can answer that question. How much do you care about technical improvements? Is twice the framerate important to you?

Considering the hardware you got and the fact that PC games typically are cheaper, in the future you really should consider the PC versions of multiplatform games. After you've played a few of them and gotten used to the prices and improved performance, it can become difficult going back :)

Maddanth

Depends on if you care about 60+ FPS and your living situation. Don't know if I'd get a different version 8 hours in. Maybe double dip on sale later on.
My living situation is Alrite. Just I don't know if it will really be that much of a difference? Which is why I was wondering what u PC guys think? I've always played on console and kind of got used to it, but for example like GTA V was so much more beautiful on PC @ 60fps. Really enjoyed that.

Top Bottom