• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 13: 900K sold in first 24 hours on HD Platforms and Record # of players online

eznark

Banned
Thats no fun at all. Just buy the new one you know you want to.

Anyways+8% qualifies as great success in this market I suppose.

Buying an old Madden is a fantastic way for people unfamiliar with the game to 1. decide if they know enough to give a crap and 2. if they do, learn the rest. I recommend all Euros buy the older cheap game before buying the new version. No harm in seeing if you can get into it.

hitmon

I'm one of those suckers... Is it just me or does the game look worse visually than previous years (PS3 version). No Franchise mode really hurts for me.. I also miss importing draft classes from NCAA (is it because of the college players lawsuit?). I really miss all the features during the PS2 days.

oneHeero

I'm one of those suckers... Is it just me or does the game look worse visually than previous years (PS3 version). No Franchise mode really hurts for me.. I also miss importing draft classes from NCAA (is it because of the college players lawsuit?). I really miss all the features during the PS2 days.
It has a franchise mode.

rCIZZLE

Can anybody tell me how to catch kickoff and NOT have the returner take a few steps forward? Sometimes when I catch it a couple yards in the endzone I want to kneel but they always catch it on the run even if I hold back.

Afrikan

haven't played Madden Online for a few years now...only exhibition vs the cpu.

why is everyone using my 9ers?
why do some bail out of a match as soon as they see my default team?
why do people still go for onside kicks in the middle of the game?
and why did I get disconnected from my match when I have a pretty good connection at home, and that never happens when I play other games?

other wise, I'm having a fun time... and I can see myself getting caught up in online matches for hours.

I'll say this, it seems the average Madden gamer's skills have increased from years ago. I used to participate in Madden Tournys through out the nation back in the mid 2000's. Some folks are doing a good job spotting the open man quickly...or maybe just guessing right? because a few plays later I get a pick, or a drop that should've been a pick.

Top Bottom