• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

LEAGUE WEBSITE: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/home/6222.ps4

The season we never thought would happen but for some new and old blood showing up! Below are some details related to the league. This is a long post because it will outline the VAST off-season duties, the team owners of all the human teams in the league (of which there are 29!), and some basic rules or guidelines for everyone. Specials thanks to my boy DCX for running some tests on CCM to get the time frames correct since my madden "save" disappeared when I got my new ps4 and I've just been using their cloud save or whatever.... which I'm afraid will disappear if I create a dummy CCM! and now, onto the details.

Teams/Owners (via their neogaf usernames):

AFC East:
Dolphins - Pheeniks
Patriots - oatmeal
Jets - deftech sold out
Bills - Rinse82

AFC North:
Steelers - SpottieOttieDop
Browns - Brentech
Bengals - Splat
Ravens - CPU

AFC South:
Colts - Jabee
Texans - Smokey
Titans - Kingbrave
Jags - CPU

AFC West:
Broncos - thedrizzlerj11
Chiefs - markmhc
Raiders - sokantish
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East:
Eagles - coldblooded
Giants - wellington
Redskins - mcnei1y
Cowboys - whatrobeats

NFC North:
Packers - eznark
Lions - pistolpete
Bears - mrbob
Vikings - CPU

NFC South:
Panthers - rorscharch
Saints - Arkaium
Bucs - Dmczaf
Falcons - DCX

NFC West:
Seahawks - Azwethinkweiz
Rams - TheCrow
Cardinals - Sickboy
49ers - frenchmovietheme

Here is the off-season schedule!

Step 1: Re-signing your free agents.
What you need to do: Re-sign any of your impending free agents or they will go into the free agent pool during the next phase.
When it advances: 2/7/14 @ 5 pm pst

Step 2: Free Agency opens!
What you need to do: Bid on any free agents you may want! These are free agents that have been in the game and players who were not re-signed by their teams. Also keep an eye out for players "unretiring" such as Ray Lewis in our league. If you don't want to sign any free agents then there is nothing for you to do. You can also hire "staff" for your team.
When it advances: 2/8/14 @ 5 pm pst

Step 3: Free agency continues and DRAFT SCOUTING OPENS!
What you need to do: Continue to bid on free agents that you may want and check on free agents that may have accepted your offer. This is also the first week that you are able to scouting rookies for the upcoming draft.
When it advances: 2/9/14 @ 5 pm pst

Step 4: Free agency and Draft scouting continue!
What you need to do: samething as the previous step.
When it advances: 2/10/14 @ 5 pm pst

Step 5: Free agency and draft scouting continue!
What you need to do: samething as previous step.
When it advances: 2/11/14 @ 5 pm pst

Step 6: LAST WEEK OF FREE AGENCY AND SCOUTING!
What you need to do: finish up your free agency and scouting.
When it advances: 2/12/14 @ 5 pm pst

Step 7: Your roster re-cap
What you need to do: Nothing. just tells you who you signed.
When it advances: 2/12/14 @ 5:01 pm pst

Step 8: The Draft
What you need to do: Draft players you scouted or just blindly draft people.
DATE OF THE DRAFT: 2/12/14 @ 7:00 pst

Step 9: Season 2
DATE SEASON 2 PRE-SEASON begins: 2/12/14 after the draft. please be aware that WE AREN'T PLAYING PRE-SEASON GAMES. THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME. YOU CAN PLAY YOUR PRE-SEASON GAME IF YOU WANT BUT I'M ONLY GIVING A COUPLE DAYS SO THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR ROSTER DOWN TO 53. IF YOU DON'T, THE CPU MAY CUT SOME GUYS YOU WANT TO KEEP.

Step 10: Season 2 regular season
Date season 2 regular season beings: 2/14/14 (after everyone has been given a chance to cut their roster down to 53)

Now, with all of THAT out of the way, a few notes from me regarding the league.

1. No manual blitzing LB's on passing plays.
2. No moving WR's into the RB or TE slots.
3. No nano blitzing
4. No manually controlling the WR while the ball is in the air.

Difficulty: All-Madden
Quarter limit: 7 minutes
Advance period: Every 72 hours. If you do not get your game in within the 72 hours it will be simmed or you can play your opponent on Auto Pilot or your opponent can play your team on Auto Pilot.

1. This is a sim league. Please try to play as realistic a game of football as possible. Don't go for it on every 4th down or run the read option every play or nano blitz, etc.

2. Be respectful of your opponent. There is no technical rule against it but please don't stat pad or run up the score. There are games where we've had our asses kicked and the last thing we want is our nose rubbed in shit when we've had a bad game. Just run some clock if you are beating the shit out of your opponent.

3. With THAT said, please don't milk the clock in the first 3 quarters unless the game is just ridiculously out of hand. There is no reason to let the playclock purposely run down to 0 early in the game. We already have accelerated clock on for fucks sake!

4. PLEASE GET IN CONTACT WITH YOUR OPPONENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER THE LEAGUE ADVANCES! PM them, send them an AIM message, post here, whatever it takes. The worst is when neither player attempts to contact the other and then it comes down to the last minute and both say "well we tried!" Game will be simmed and your players will get injured!

5. Please don't flake on the league. We are teetering on having enough people as it is so we really need as much participation as possible. Shit comes up and if it does then so be it but at least keep me in the loop on whats happening. If you're going to be gone for a few days or something put yourself on Auto Pilot. If you need me to then PM me

6. TRADES ARE COMPLETELY OPEN DURING THE DRAFT SO LONG AS A DRAFT PICK IS INCLUDED! TRADE WITH ANY NON-CPU TEAM TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT! After the draft is over, I will need to approve any trades you want to make so PM me if you want to make a trade with someone.

7. You will probably have some ridiculous bullshit losses or plays that go against you. Use the thread to vent as you please!

All-Time Superbowl Tally:

1. FMT - 8
2. Rors - 3
3. BigAT - 3
4. Crow - 2
5. Ramirez - 2
6. DMczaf - 2
7. Wellington - 2
8. Mrbob - 1
9. Smokey - 1
10. Malleymal - 1
11. LJ11 - 1
12. coldblooded - 0

A note for the NEW guys!

1. in connected career, there is XP for each of your players.
2. XP is like XP in an rpg or anything else. it can be used to improve the attributes of your players.
3. each player has his own separate XP pool.
4. each player gains XP by meeting goals in individual games and seasons with this player. for instance, colin kaepernick will get me about 700XP per game if he throws 3 TD's. there are other specific goals that are outlined within your team menu.
5. you can also gain XP by doing weekly "practice" sessions. in these sessions you play against the CPU and meet some type of goal set for you within the practice session (come back from 10 points down in the 4th, hold your opponent on a goal line stand, etc). you obviously don't have to play these but if you want to get some free points then do so.
6. eventually once you get players high up the cost is so high on certain attributes that you won't really be able to afford anything of interest. but some of your role players can benefit!

eznark

Banned
3NlZDRQ.png

dammit deacon had to drop! don't worry fellas i'll find someone to fill in as either the ravens or steelers. can't have a division with only 2 teams!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm in dudes. Just two things:

I will be out of the country leaving on 2/16 and returning 2/21. Depending on the way the weeks lay out, I can take my ps4, since it's an airbnb I don't expect any issues playing.

I will again be out of the country 3/23 to 3/29, I won't have my PS4 then.

eznark

Banned
I'm in dudes. Just two things:

I will be out of the country leaving on 2/16 and returning 2/21. Depending on the way the weeks lay out, I can take my ps4, since it's an airbnb I don't expect any issues playing.

I will again be out of the country 3/23 to 3/29, I won't have my PS4 then.

I will gladly draft for you

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont even get off of work until 5:30. Stop making these draft times fucking horrible you asshole

well i was trying my best to be respectful to east coasters as well. 7 pm pst is 10 their time! do any east coasters have issues with a 7 pm pst?

brentech

I'll likely be missing the draft as well. Out of town 2/8 - 2/15. Hopefully it will take people I've scouted and it knows some stats of.

Good job MGAF Dota team. Much better week than last. Mr. Madden would be proud.

Rorschach

Gonna have a lot more time on my hands and no more trips abroad or across the country! \o/ My schedule will be more open for this
DotA
league.

eznark

Banned
I'll likely be missing the draft as well. Out of town 2/8 - 2/15. Hopefully it will take people I've scouted and it knows some stats of.

Good job MGAF Dota team. Much better week than last. Mr. Madden would be proud.

I'm proud of our trilanes those games. Even though Zeus totally set us up, that mid tank was satisfying. That entire first game felt almost flawless.

BigAT

I'm proud of our trilanes those games. Even though Zeus totally set us up, that mid tank was satisfying. That entire first game felt almost flawless.

The best part is...you're allowed to do it every game! They won't all be served up on a silver platter like that one, but with some practice you guys should get it down.

eznark

Banned
The best part is...you're allowed to do it every game! They won't all be served up on a silver platter like that one, but with some practice you guys should get it down.

Yeah, we should really pressure those runes a lot more I guess. I still generally feel lost in a trilane just in terms of when to act but it feels like there is improvement. Even in those stomp games last week I think we were doing the right things strategically we were just not good enough to make them work.

fuck playing some daytime dota and forgot to change my name. mgaf.eznark just looks so pretentious

I'd be more worried about playing terribly and having people think the team is bad. That's what I always think when someone with a team tag plays like shit.

Kingbrave

I don't want to scare anyone by telling you how good I am...

...I could beat at least 1 paper bag in a fight...just sayin'!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I offer Nnamdi the contract he wants, and he rejects it.

Good riddance you thief!

Top Bottom