• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia: Trilogy announced

J3nga

I have all 3 on steam, if 2/3 converts to definitive editions I may play them, but if I have to pay something I think that's a no from me.

Just replayed Mafia with few visual upgrades, haven't played it in a long long time. It's still very playable with mods in 2020.

If someone's interested give it a go: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mafia-remastered

Just unbox largest (2GB+) option as with it the game looks ugly and loading times are infinite.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I have never played a Mafia game but i had a strange "urge" to try Mafia 3 lately (even though i know most people hate it) due to the fact that i love real life New Orleans as a setting so this trilogy comes at a perfect time to also try the other 2 games as well.

Are they going to sell them separately?

Reactions: Isa

J3nga

I would think that 2/3 should become definitive editions on steam, at least 3 for sure. Mafia 3: definitive edition according to PS store info includes base game and DLC's. So I should get the DLC's only since I own the base already? Makes sense to me otherwise buying it twice is stupid as hell. Also 3 has no mention of graphical improvements, so in reality we get remastered 2(although it remains to be seen if it's really a remaster or one of those gimmicky things that we get now and then that actually somehow downgrade the game) and remake of first, but if it's just half the price of a triple A's asking price that also leaves some questions if there's going to be some compromises or 2K being generous or some different formula.

scalman

so first will be mafia 2, then mafia 3 and then in end mafia 1 . ? do you know dates of them all ?mafia 2 is may 19 as i understood and august 28 mafia 1 , but what about mafia 3 , when that is out ?

Last edited:
so first will be mafia 2, then mafia 3 and then in end mafia 1 . ? do you know dates of them all ?mafia 2 is may 19 as i understood and august 28, but what about mafia 3 , when that is out ?

Mafia 2 tomorow

Mafia Remake is August 28th (right?)

I do now know Mafia 3 remaster date (edit, not a remaster, my bad)

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Okay, Hangar 13 didn't work on it, d3t did, same studio that made Shenmue remasters.
I wonder why it says Hangar 13 presents when the game begins? They must have done something on it. I need to finish Mafia III soon and play this.

Last edited:
It doesn't look terrible, IMO, but I may have been expecting too much from the Mafia 2 remaster. The screens seemed better than what I am seeing so far. Maybe it is the difference between PC and console version.

It looks okay in that stream, don't get me wrong.

Last edited:

• Mafia: Definitive Edition – The built-from-the-ground-up remake of the beloved classic;
  • Mafia II: Definitive Edition – The ultra HD remaster of the fan favorite;
  • Mafia III: Definitive Edition – The re-introduction of the award-winning narrative masterpiece.
Mafia 2: Definitive Edition, meanwhile, is a 4K remaster of the 2010 title, while Mafia 3: Definitive Edition is a "re-introduction" to Hangar 13's 2016 current gen game, featuring all previously released DLC alongside the base campaign.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

The official site was also updated:

More Mafia remake sceenshots:
5ebc890702763mafia1de-009.jpg

5ebc8905055a1mafia1de-008.jpg

Last edited:
Players who pre-order Mafia: Definitive Edition – as well as players who purchase the digital version or pre-order the physical version of Mafia: Trilogy prior to August 28 will receive “The Chicago Outfit” bonus add-on content for Mafia: Definitive Edition. This content pack includes:

Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be automatically granted to all existing owners of Mafia II on Steam today at no additional cost. Additionally, all existing Mafia III owners on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One, and Steam will be upgraded to Mafia III: Definitive Edition today at no additional cost. Customers who own a combination of titles will receive special reduced-price upgrade offers to complete their trilogy via in-game menus within each of the Mafia titles.

I wanna buy the Trilogy deal on Steam for the bonus content for Mafia Remaster but I don't see it in the store yet

Last edited:
Mafia 3 DLC now free on PSN

On Mafia 2 Remaster

While the gunplay and driving mechanics are serviceable, they're but an anemic facsimile of the better cover shooters and racing games of the time, while Empire Bay itself has little to enjoy outside the core campaign missions. Hangar 13 should, however, be commended for remastering 2K Czech's recreation 1940's New York in 4K, which does a good job of showcasing the city's atmospheric contradictions of dark and light, glamour and grime, even if that improved resolution isn't quite as flattering to the dated facial animations of its human NPCs.

pawel86ck

Banned
I still remember reading about mafia 1 development in 2000, and later on playing it on my old geforce 3. Time goes so fast🥺

VulcanRaven

Should we make a new thread for Mafia 1 remake or continue in this now that we know more about it?

Last edited:

Although only the first Mafia has been completely remade, Mafia 2: Definitive Edition features an ultra HD remaster that supports 4K visuals. Mafia 2 tells a different mafia story, this time in the fictional Empire Bay, New York post-World War 2. Veteran Vito Scaletta has to join the local family to help pay off his father’s debts.

Meanwhile, Mafia 3: Definitive Edition follows Vietnam War veteran Lincoln Clay who sets out to start his own family to take revenge on the Italian Mafia that killed his loved ones. Both Mafia 2 and Mafia 3: Definitive Edition is available today and includes all their post-launch DLC.

Mafia: Trilogy bundles all three Definitive Edition Mafia games, but each game will also be sold separately if you’re only looking to pick up one of the Mafia titles. Furthermore, players who already own Mafia 2 on Steam or Mafia 3 on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam will be upgraded to the Definitive Edition for free upon launch. The Mafia: Trilogy will also be available on the Epic Games Store at a later time.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

So the DLC's for Mafia 3 will be given away for free since they're a part of the Definitive Editon?

Last edited:
3 says definitive edition in the library, 2 says (classic), but I don't see definitive and that's it.

Gotcha

I was able to buy the 60 dollar "Mafia: Trilogy" bundle for Steam via 2k's website, they sent me a key. Downloading now. Wonder when Steam will update Mafia 2 Classic to Mafia 2 DE?

Looking forward to playing through Mafia 2 again. I only played Mafia 3 on PS4, maybe I will like it more on PC. Can't wait for the remake in August tho

Top Bottom