• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia: Trilogy announced

J3nga

Gotcha

I was able to buy the 60 dollar "Mafia: Trilogy" bundle for Steam via 2k's website, they sent me a key. Downloading now. Wonder when Steam will update Mafia 2 Classic to Mafia 2 DE?

Looking forward to playing through Mafia 2 again. I only played Mafia 3 on PS4, maybe I will like it more on PC. Can't wait for the remake in August tho
I already owned the trilogy for a long time, so I'm just wondering what's the discount for me.

Last edited:

J3nga

Gotcha

I was able to buy the 60 dollar "Mafia: Trilogy" bundle for Steam via 2k's website, they sent me a key. Downloading now. Wonder when Steam will update Mafia 2 Classic to Mafia 2 DE?

Looking forward to playing through Mafia 2 again. I only played Mafia 3 on PS4, maybe I will like it more on PC. Can't wait for the remake in August tho
Maybe 10am PST, that's steam's standard daily update time.

VulcanRaven

Gotcha

I wonder if the Mafia II: Definitive Edition will replace the original game on Steam? I'm not sure if I want to update it if it does that. I need to see more of the remaster first. Would be great if its a different game in you Steam Library.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Anyone know of a place to buy a cheap Mafia 2 key (I'm assuming that will get you the definitive edition)? CDkeys is sold out.

anthraticus

Banned
So u dont get jack shit for having Mafia 1 on Steam?

just bought it for nothing then 😭

guPVraS.jpg

Just play it dude. Bet it will be better than the remake !

Someone even posted a high res mod for it in one of these threads.

VulcanRaven

if you see it go up let me know
It will be a new game in Steam Library:

Q: If I already own Mafia II on PC, do I need to also purchase Mafia II: Definitive Edition?

A: The Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be granted to existing Mafia II PC Steam owners free of charge. The 2010 edition of Mafia II will still be in your library as “Mafia II (Classic)”. Any new purchases of Mafia II: Definitive Edition, or Mafia: Trilogy will also give you “Mafia II (Classic)” on Steam PC only. Original Mafia II (Classic) saved games are transferable to Mafia II: Definitive Edition on Steam PC only.

Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be a new title listing across all other partner platforms, including the Epic Games Store (available at a later date), and will require purchase of Mafia: Trilogy or Mafia II: Definitive Edition to play.

dok1or

Can somebody put screenshot form Mafia III def endition with in 21:9 format...

Is UI fixed, or is still 16:9 with those fade out UI elements

Stitch

Gold Member

Hostile_18

Banned
You've LOVED remakes....

You TOLLERATED remasters.....

Now FEAR "re-introductions".....

MAFIA 3 available now... just like it was yesterday. Terms and conditions apply. Please be excited.

scalman

mafia 2 original was just 7gb size, now it jumped to 40gb. i dont see that its that much better from 7gb size there. for mafia 3 its about same size this new version as was original so thats fine like its same old what was before. how mafia 2 needed jump in size so much , feels like it would run on mafia 3 engine then , but its not.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope the original Mafia game will be outclassed by its remake. It has a lot to live up to; graphics are one thing, attention to detail another.

YCoCg

What the hell did they do to these games???

Mafia II (Classic) [Highest Graphics Settings, High PHYSX, 4xMSAA]: Benchmark Average FPS - 103.3fps
Mafia II Definitive [Highest Graphics Settings, NO AA]: 44.9fps

Mafia 3: 74fps Average
Mafia 3 Definitive: 50fps Average + Stutters

Honestly where is the bloat coming from? What the hell Hanger 13 sort your shit out.

Roufianos

Mafia 2 is probably the laziest "remaster" I've ever played. Port would be a more accurate term.

Oh well, what do I care, it's still an amazing game and I got it for free thanks to some lazy Malaysian.

Mafia 2 is probably the laziest "remaster" I've ever played. Port would be a more accurate term.

Oh well, what do I care, it's still an amazing game and I got it for free thanks to some lazy Malaysian.

It is a lazy conversion and a real cash in, but there are some positives like the better resolution and textures. I got this free on psplus on the ps3 and didn’t really play it much. Not sure whether it’s the lockdown, but i am loving this game. Its really gripping, but is let down by the framerate and controls. I cannot believe that they could not have just fixed the framerate and controls and have released it digitally during a time when there might be more chance of people just purchasing it for an astronomical £25! I must admit that I prefer that it is focused and less open world and full of bloat like other games. The playboy card collection is also pretty hilarious.

DonJorginho

Banned
How's performance on PS4 Slim? I'm not too picky with this game as I got it free thanks to Malaysia.

If it's that bad performance wise though I'll carry on playing Borderlands 3 till a patch comes.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Mafia 3 in 1968

Mafia 4 to be somewhere in 70's

Im already waiting for the next game

I love the mafia series, it has excelent stories

Last edited:
Glad to get the chance to play original Mafia again. Got to the race car portion of game and got stuck, but still enjoyed it. I still replay Mafia 2 from time to time. Classic game for me. Mafia 3 was okay, but seeing New Orleans brought to life was the best part of it.

Completed mafia 2 in 5 days. What a short, but decent game. I overlooked the issues because i was so gripped by the story and enjoyed it. This should not have released at £25, but is worth a go. If you want an open world game without all of the boring padding and great story, this is for you. I am now more interested in playing mafia 3 and will definitely pick up mafia 1 remake later this year.

J3nga

Completed mafia 2 in 5 days. What a short, but decent game. I overlooked the issues because i was so gripped by the story and enjoyed it. This should not have released at £25, but is worth a go. If you want an open world game without all of the boring padding and great story, this is for you. I am now more interested in playing mafia 3 and will definitely pick up mafia 1 remake later this year.
I also completed it in 4 days or so and my opinion hasn't changed since 2010, it's a very mediocre game, story towards the end feels rushed like something's missing and the ending is just bad. Gameplay is very typical for those years when many tried to repeat gears of war success formula by making cover shooters. Overall is just not great not terrible game IMHO.

I also completed it in 4 days or so and my opinion hasn't changed since 2010, it's a very mediocre game, story towards the end feels rushed like something's missing and the ending is just bad. Gameplay is very typical for those years when many tried to repeat gears of war success formula by making cover shooters. Overall is just not great not terrible game IMHO.

I know where you are coming from because the controls need to be improved. But its sparseness gives it gta3 vibes which is probably why i like it. Some of the missions remind me of gta3 too, which is a bonus. I will finish off the dlc and maybe get the collectibles. Its a nice change from the overly long open world games of these days.

VulcanRaven

The DLCs were really disappointing. Joe's Adventure could have been a lot better. It had only few cutscenes and the winter section was too short.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I can understand disappointment but as a one console gamer I'm just happy this game has been added to a console who's library will go forward from this point onwards.

The process is really cheap so I don't feel too aggrieved. Hopefully it will be patched though.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Mafia 2 is great as always, though I can't help but be disappointed with this port. They brought over all the same issues and bugs and even added a few new ones. In 2020 on the PS4 there's no reason to have a game crash simply because you drove from one side of the map to the other.

Considering this was a shadow drop, I wonder why they didn't just bump it back a month and fix this game. At least Mafia 3 seems to have had its issues worked out, but that's probably due to patches prior to the Definitive edition coming out and I didn't notice because I finished it years ago.

J3nga

My god, how are guys playing Mafia 3 on a consoles? I tried it on PC with and without graphical mods and without it's one ugly sonofabich. What were they thinking? On 1440p it looks blurry as if I was on 720p, some piss filter all over the screen, low rez textures, it's a technical mess, this Mafia trilogy re-release is nothing more than bollocks so far to me. I'm definitely not pre-ordering mafia remake until I see some legit footage.

dolabla

Pre-order is up for the full physical trilogy on Play Asia and Amazon Germany :

Roufianos

Mafia 3 is the complete opposite. It's 95% boring padding.

Yea, never picked this up back in the day but the story's definitely rushed. Goes 100 miles an hour after the drug deal. Definitely feels like part one of Vito's story, shame 2K Czech never got to make a real Mafia 3.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Game hard crashed 2 seconds into gameplay on my X.

ShaikhCroft

I just logged in to Steam after a while and found out there's two Mafia, one being classic and the other being DE. The classic one is 7 GB while the DE is 45 GB! So there's a massive upgrade I must say! But I can still play the classic one separately, it's good!

I just logged in to Steam after a while and found out there's two Mafia, one being classic and the other being DE. The classic one is 7 GB while the DE is 45 GB! So there's a massive upgrade I must say! But I can still play the classic one separately, it's good!
Having watched some reviews, the upgrade is far from massive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom