• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAFs Canned Soup Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grilled Pork Loin with Vegatables and Beans - Chunky
Just had this for lunch. Delicious. The pork may have the consistences of the bbq pork found in tv dinners, but its a welcome change from the dry chicken and bleh roast beef found in other soups. The broth mixture is wonderful, offering a flavor closer to stew, not so sweet but more hearty. The vegetables back this up, the usual trinity of carrots, celery and I believe a bit of onion.

Clam Chowder - Progresso

While I applaud the move towards authentic looking/tasting soups, this was just too much. Bits of shell and sand were in my CAN OF PROCESSED SOUP! Jesus. Both of these elements ruined any enjoyment to be found with the rest of the soup. I like my food clean thanks.

Roasted Chicken w/ Golden Potatoes - Campbells Select
The chicken was very dry in this soup which was a real letdown because this produced a complete lack of flavor in the meat. The potatoes however were excellent, golden skins still attached for maximum flavor. The brother was your traditional chicken stock, which I feel would have served better if they had used a heavier brother, something closer to a stew. Potatoes in light broth I am not a fan of.

demi

PEA SOUP - DEMI YAYA

Getting MAF into thinking that this was delectable Pea Soup was not an easy task, but what he failed to notice was that I quickly took a sharpie and wrote the letter E over the A, calling it PEE SOUP which is funny because I actually did pee in his soup. In the end, I think he was quite satisfied with the results. I applaud myself for going in such an outgoing/unique direction.

marsomega

I wait till I get home to give the specific name of this can, but I had it earlier today, it was clam chowder. The worse I've ever had, every bite of clam came with a wonderful helping of sand.

I couldn't finish it.

marsomega

golem said:
wow.. ive never encountered sand in my clam chowder... maybe im just lucky?

Never??

Even the best Clam chowder I've had has had at least one occasional sandy bit of clam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom