• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG - 256 player online battle love

Facism

FFObsessed said:
I got MAG Beta invite! God bless you SCEE & Das-J! :D

I actually received the email yesterday.

Will play 2moro! :)

How do you get into all these betas? Let a fellow Hero King in on the knowledge, bro.

Facism said:
How do you get into all these betas? Let a fellow Hero King in on the knowledge, bro.
For MAG, you just have to be an annual subscriber to Qore on or by September 17th. Apparently GameStop pre-orders have access, too.

I still haven't gotten my invite, but should be soon :D

SMOKE

Banned
Been a lil busy but do the people who are already in the beta continue to be or do we have to pre order or subscribe.

Das-J

Law of the West
SMOKE said:
Been a lil busy but do the people who are already in the beta continue to be or do we have to pre order or subscribe.

We'll roll you over... should be a lot of fresh meat to chew your way through this week! :D

I downloaded the beta tonight (Qore subscriber) and I can't play it until I have a day off because i'm at work during the server times. :(

Norml

Digital Foundry had a look at the game.

So, from a technical perspective, what can we expect from MAG? Vast playing areas and 256 gamers is going to require a pretty serious engine to run it all. First impressions on the MAG beta are that while the artistic style is somewhat traditional, the technical accomplishment on the visuals is more than respectable - we have native 720p, we have classic 2x multisampling anti-aliasing (relatively rare on PS3 titles), and Zipper has opted for image consistency over frame-rate by employing triple-buffered v-sync.

Similar to Sucker Punch's inFamous, MAG runs with no frame-rate cap. While a 30FPS average is seen across the whole six minutes of video above, frame-rate can drop into the teens, but conversely, it can exceed 30FPS too - sometimes even reaching 60FPS (sky views, for example). Texture quality and filtering are excellent, by and large, which is perhaps surprising bearing in mind the sheer size of the levels.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-mag-factor-article?page=1

Qwell

Woot, my Qore beta had run out finally after they had extended it so now I'm back in the fight... now to just pull myself away from Bad Company 2.....

Jtrizzy

so is it still a huge file that will take forever to download this time around? Last beta was a huge pain to get it going. Getting disconnected while dling a 2.5 gig patch that I can't do in the background!?!

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I got your back I will get you a code

Thanx Lyulf!

I know you hate KZ2, but with the double xp weekend, come play a few games with us if you can stand it :p I remember that epic comeback we had with all the trash talking. NEVER FORGET.

Facism

FFObsessed said:
Thanx Lyulf!

I know you hate KZ2, but with the double xp weekend, come play a few games with us if you can stand it :p I remember that epic comeback we had with all the trash talking. NEVER FORGET.

that's this weekend?

Time to break out the Turkish Steel

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Thanx Lyulf!

Fuck I have like 3 US accounts but it only let me get 2 codes. On the third one it said that I was too young too play in the MAG beta :lol :( I gave the first code to rick thinking I could get another one. Someone else is going to have to get you a code. I tried making several PSN accounts, but none of them worked.

Edit: I might play Killzone 2 with you guys if enough of the old regulars play.

Cruzader

Banned
Not sure if I want to DL this. I was in the last few phases and there was an update that I got to 99% after taking 2+hrs each time and froze so I gave up on the beta.

Psykotik

can somebody help me get a code? :(

i'm getting the...

Sorry, but the MAG 4.5 beta is only for North American residents in the United States and Canada.

...message :(

(i have a US PSN ID)

EDIT:

nevermind! got a friend of mine in the US to log in with my details to get to code

Violater

Awesome, thanks for the link.
Beetas all over, where is a sweet picture of Phil when u need it :(
How long is this running for?
Does this mean there were not as many Gamestop preorders?
It seems my Old Qore beta file now works?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
FFObsessed said:
EDIT: Ah, now I know what you mean. You should've got the Euro code, those work without a problem and you don't have to go through the bs that poor NA/Canadian player have to go through. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope the updating system is better in the final game than this shitty Hot Shot's Golf 1 gig download x 3 shit that I'm during currently.

The game better be damn good for all this waiting I'm doing. :|

Jtrizzy

so how big is the patch? Not sure if I'm willing to go through all that again. I have DSL and it was a huge hassle last time getting disconnected and having to re download it all over again...multiple times.

Top Bottom