• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermit7

Is there a way to watch a replay of this?

Should be a replay in the next few days.

Deck looked sweet though.

Only dropped 2 games overall and beat burn 2 times which I would have considered a poor matchup.

Also drogskol captain is only like 60 cents now. Picked up a playset just now but I doubt I will build it out soon.

Crocodile

Yeah, a few years ago people were talking about the summer multiplayer products and discussing what it would take to make a product to support cube... and I guess now we know the answer.

They need to make one with gold-bordered tokens of reserved cards

The new cards will. All the ones from CNS were in Vintage Masters and they've already confirmed there'll be another new mechanism to get these ones.

There are a lot of individual designs or design space that could be explored to shore up holes in a lot of different types of Cubes that a product like Conspiracy won't hit. So while I agree there is a lot to work with here, I can't say this a "Cube product" even ironically.

Santiako

HEY-O!

alAe3Qk.jpg

Ashodin

SHOW AND TELL IN NEW BORDER :O :O :O

holy shit and there's an academy on Fiora too so it works out perfectly with the OG flavor text

There are a lot of individual designs or design space that could be explored to shore up holes in a lot of different types of Cubes that a product like Conspiracy won't hit. So while I agree there is a lot to work with here, I can't say this a "Cube product" even ironically.

I mean, if you mean "stuff that's as good as the power nine" or whatever, sure, but otherwise what, exactly? Pretty much anything I've ever particularly thought about "oh this would be cool to exist for cube purposes" has been something that's theoretically viable for a set like this.

edit: show and tell wtf

Help me decide if I want to change my deck list or just keep running traditional Jund.
I don't know if I want to buy into him. He's not extremely expensive, but as a Mythic and a four-of, I'm not sure...

grimflayer.jpg

bigkrev

Show and Tell is a ~$50 card, so i'm really curious how low it can get. Stifle peaked at $50 a few months before it was in Conspiracy 1, and you can now pick it up for sub-$5, but Stifle is a rare (not a mythic), and usually not a 4-of like Show and Tell is.

Think there will be a point you can get a playset for less than $80?

MoxManiac

It's mindblowing to me that you will be able to buy a $3-4 pack anywhere that sells magic and have a chance to pull a freaking berserk or show and tell.

bigkrev

It's mindblowing to me that you will be able to buy a $3-4 pack anywhere that sells magic and have a chance to pull a freaking berserk or show and tell.

To be fair, eariler this year you could walk in to Target and buy packs of Magic Origins and hope to get a $100 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy.

Crocodile

Sigh am I really going to have to buy a fucking box of this set?

giphy.gif

What's the source of that Show & Tell image?

I mean, if you mean "stuff that's as good as the power nine" or whatever, sure, but otherwise what, exactly? Pretty much anything I've ever particularly thought about "oh this would be cool to exist for cube purposes" has been something that's theoretically viable for a set like this.

edit: show and tell wtf

No I don't mean like Power Nine stuff I mean like

A) Another good Green 6 drop outside of Prime Time (Greenwarden isn't bad but also kind of has a small body). Also more good Black 5 drops. Pretty much every color has a spot in the mana curve that is lacking in good creatures or spells.
B) More GOOD changelings and Tribal type cards for Tribal Cube
C) Sweepers and more powerful/resilient creatures at common for Pauper Cubes
D) Ways for colors like Black to positively interact with artifacts (in ways different from other colors) and ways for Green to interact with artifacts in a way that isn't just blowing them up (and different from other colors) for Artifact theme Cubes
E) More good hybrid cards (especially one drops)

These are just some of the things I mean but its hard to fit all those things in one "cohesive" set or a set themed around one theme or concept. I'm hoping Kaladesh at least fixes some of the holes in how colors interact with artifacts.

red13th

Wait SHOW AND TELL. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I was expecting only slightly expensive reprints not Berserk and Show and Tell, especially since they aren't charging a premium.

kirblar

Sneak Attack's gonna spike. Just bought 4 for myself, since it's still hanging in the 20-25 range and won't be for much longer.

On they other hand, I think they are going to want to get a lot of these cards reprinted with the holo foil stamp.

They'd rather sell packs now than let the money go to counterfeiters, I think.

kirblar

On they other hand, I think they are going to want to get a lot of these cards reprinted with the holo foil stamp.

If anything can get the RL to die, it'll be the counterfeiting issues.

No I don't mean like Power Nine stuff I mean like

A) Another good Green 6 drop outside of Prime Time (Greenwarden isn't bad but also kind of has a small body). Also more good Black 5 drops. Pretty much every color has a spot in the mana curve that is lacking in good creatures or spells.
B) More GOOD changelings and Tribal type cards for Tribal Cube
C) Sweepers and more powerful/resilient creatures at common for Pauper Cubes
D) Ways for colors like Black to positively interact with artifacts (in ways different from other colors) and ways for Green to interact with artifacts in a way that isn't just blowing them up (and different from other colors) for Artifact theme Cubes
E) More good hybrid cards (especially one drops)

Oh, okay, I see now. Yeah, it's true that no one set is gonna aggressively fill all of those at once. I do think this set is gonna have a ton of new popular cube inclusions tho.

Yeah, this is just about the only way to actually capture some of that benefit for themselves now.

Santiako

You asked for it:

uglseqzlj9gx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom