• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play Jund but I don't actually have Obstinate Baloth in my sideboard. I know the advantages of it though so I am thinking I need a couple copies.

Hero

Jadine is a super cool person and it's awesome to see her doing so well. Rooting for her for the win.

Also kind of fun getting a response from Aaaron Forsythe on twitter about the T2 kill.

kirblar

I mean, they knew they fucked up within a month of the set release.

Birthing Pod and Slash Panther in Vintage? Super Cool.

Dismember? Super not.

Become Immense has to be on the table for a ban at this point. It breaks too much stuff.

Hero

I mean, they knew they fucked up within a month of the set release.

Birthing Pod and Slash Panther in Vintage? Super Cool.

Dismember? Super not.

Become Immense has to be on the table for a ban at this point. It breaks too much stuff.

Don't forget Mental Misstep. The name of the card is the definition of irony.

Totally agree that Become Immense is too good. Pushed Infect way over the top and even is spilling over into normal damage.

Hero

What did he say?

I'm rooting for her too.

Eh nothing too insightful, I started off tweeting at him and Mark saying free Phyrexian mana spells and this is what happens and Aaron was like well its 12 years of cards lead to this and then Kirblar chimed in saying that it was mostly Phyrexian mana on instants/sorceries being the problem. Aaron then admitted the mechanic was executed incorrectly.

Wizards needs a really big poster in R&D that has the words "Cost Reduction is something to think HARD about", because the four biggest design mistakes/overpowered cards in the modern Era came about because of it(Delve and TC/DTT/BI, Phyrexian Mana on basically anything not spells,Affinity, and Eye of Ugin+Sub 7 Mana colourless Eldrazi). I'm honestly worried that someone will break Modern with the Emerge Creatures at this point.

ironmang

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214468587]I like how nobody believes he's going to win every match but he keeps winning anyway.[/QUOTE]

Commentators on SCG are pretty big homers so it's no surprise they pick the person who shows up on coverage more.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214469052]How's it funny? Heritage Druid into Elite is the perfect curve.[/QUOTE]

Because it's not from a tribal block pushing elves. It's an incongruous draft uncommon that slipped through and pushed elves over the edge.

Why isn't in question.

OnPoint

Poor Jadine, the top decks are real.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214469997]Incidentally I've been trying to get rid of my two copies of Kalitas for 35 shipped but nobody's biting.[/QUOTE]
I may be interested.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214469997]Incidentally I've been trying to get rid of my two copies of Kalitas for 35 shipped but nobody's biting.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good deal to me.

And they just showed playmats, I really don't care for the new Top artwork.

I'm definitely on the Elf dude's side this tournament. He's been stomping people after being told every round was a bad matchup and didn't drop a round with Elves the whole thing. I was rooting for Brad because he's one of my favorite players, but this dude really won me over.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214469997]Incidentally I've been trying to get rid of my two copies of Kalitas for 35 shipped.[/QUOTE]

2 kalitas for 35? Can you ship to the Philippines?

So sad Jadine went out like that. Mull to 5 without putting up much of a fight.

kirblar

And the issue with both builds is that they're very soft to this style of deck. Both only have two sweepers in the board, and Jadine's sweeper gets destroyed by Chord for 1.

They don't have enough disruption to wipe the board, their threats are slow, etc. They lose the attrition battle hard.

Card Kingdom / Mox Boarding House is streaming a Legacy tournament if anyone still wants to watch Magic streams.

EDIT: They are playing Vintage in between games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom