• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magna Carta: JESUS CHRIST THE BOX AUGH

Red Scarlet

Hey Shouta..did you ever play the International version of FFX2? I got it last Christmas but have no idea how to play that new uh..dungeon..thing game thing.

Shouta

Don't make me hurt you Doug. I swear I'll grab the latest magical girl anime series I can find and force you to watch the entire thing until your mind rots and you become a lolicon.

Bran: Felt like using a different name for awhile. It was always to see if anyone realized I had changed names. I'm probably going to go back to my usual nick soon (or whenever I get another good Gotoh avatar).

Udde

32/33 (I don't remember) in famitsu... :S

edit: found it

Magna Carta (PS2, Banpresto): 9 / 7 / 8 / 8 - (32/40)

Anyways, I like the artwork too ^_^

White Man

Udde said:
32/33 (I don't remember) in famitsu... :S

No way.

I could be drugged into thinking that Nintendogs is a 40/40, but I refuse to believe that Japanese folks are retarded enough to give this gaming garbage greater than a 10. It has no redeemable qualities, at all.

You guys are really getting me pumped for this game! Keep those positive impressions coming! Huge Nipples! WOO

*prepares to kiss $50 goodbye*

I seriously hope there's at least $15 worth of fun in this title. $10 maybe? :(

MrDaravon

Seems to be a total love/hate thing, I've seen totally mixed reviews. I'm going to try to pop this in today if I have time out of curiosity now.

The most I plan on doing is popping it in to see how it plays, then promptly putting it on the shelf until I complete DQVIII. This was my plan all along, it's just that I was hoping for a fairly interesting RPG waiting for me after I finished.

Oh well, I paid the money so I'll definitely give it a go. If the hate is too strong eBay is there for me.

Limedust

Drinky Crow said:
No, Triumph it was worse than FFX-2

it was

Yugioh: Nightmare Troubadour

for the

Nintendo DS

It was awful and I promptly returned it. I swear, I have some truly odd fits when bored at GameCrazy.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ... *sniff*

It's okay, I bough Xenosaga and Xenosaga 2 and put a total of about 5 hours into them combined, BUT I DID TRADE THEM IN FOR A COPY OF CULDCEPT TO REDEEM MYSELF FTW!

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole, but I'm glad you give the thumbs up on Romancing Saga and Suikoden Tactics because I'm picking them up today.

mrpeabody

This requires a high-res picture of the box, angled to properly show off the embossing.

I can't believe it features areolae you can FEEL.

Tortfeasor said:
My auction is now live if anyone wants to buy it... Please buy it.

"...I really like it and love the art direction, I just don't have time to play it with Dragon Warrior coming out so soon..."

Lies! Terrible lies!

lyre

I feel bad for this girly boy, he's always being overshadowed by her lead character counterpart.
ases_1024.gif

It seems like I'm her only fan since I'm the only one that brings him up whenever Magna Carta is brought to question.

Ah well, when this hits under 20 bucks, I'll think about picking it up. Though is it woth the embarrassment? Maybe the PSP version ... then?

Ark-AMN

Banned
ugh, the hips!

Who the hell is this artist, he should be tarred and feathered for his complete botchery of the human anatomy.

EDIT: I'm still having a hard time believing that Drinky brought this by accident. I mean, come on, didn't he catch the threads I made about the main characters dubious gender? :D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Tortfeasor said:
My auction is now live if anyone wants to buy it... Please buy it.

geeze, I just can't afford how much this guy is counter bidding me... I give up!

edit:

Whoo! I found a nickle in the couch!

edit 2:

Damnit, outbid again!

edit 3:

Gotta dip into the savings!
outbid AGAIN!

ok, I seriously give up.. i'm not used to bidding on ebay, i'm typically the seller :D

lyre

Bataman said:
FFVI has no cons aside from Shadow's sissy name.

:lol

I had a straight face typing that, though.

The fact that anyone can learn any and all magic spells and magic attacks is a big farking con if you ask me. Almost as bad as the babbling move slots that are FFVII and FFVIII characters.

ferricide

Drinky Crow said:
Even more annoying is the fact that there's a stupid "charging" animation that lasts like 3-5 seconds before any attack, party or enemy. It drags out already slow battles unnecessarily. I can't tell if it's to mask the spooling of animation data from the CD or if it's a cruel joke by evil Korean developers to make the stupid white man hate his life.
the color of the charging reflects what element the attacks are using. they could have done something WAY BETTER AND LESS TEDIOUS but they didn't. how unusual for this game!

i guess i can talk about this one now that it's out. it's meh.

Alphonse said:
Man, I swore I told you to keep away from this game Doug. Didn't I tell you over the phone not to get this game?
yeah, and i sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago telling him to avoid it cos he'd hate it. DID HE LISTEN? he did say today he would in the future however. hrmm.

I repent! I repent! HAVE I NOT SUFFERED ENOUGH

Anyhow, I swear to God it was an impulse buy! I'd had an atrocious week! I'm a consumer whore! MY GOD WHAT DO I HAVE TO SAY TO EXCUSE MYSELF TO YOU PEOPLE!!!!

*sobs* *goes into fetal position, rocks himself*

kumbayah my lord

kumbayah

kumbayah my lord

kumbayah

kumbayah my lord

kumbayah

oh looord, kumbayah

I pre-bought ONE DAY BEFORE, jerkface! I read Travis' impressions, caught the typical "OMG Atlus game out of print in two months, what if it rocks and I don't have it" paranoia bug, and slapped down the cash.

You hateful, hateful man!

White Man

Drinky Crow said:
I pre-bought ONE DAY BEFORE, jerkface! I read Travis' impressions, caught the typical "OMG Atlus game out of print in two months, what if it rocks and I don't have it" paranoia bug, and slapped down the cash.

If this were a trial, it would be for first degree bad game buying, not third. Don't even think about a manslaughter verdict. This was cold, premeditated, calculated capitalism.

Tarazet

Drinky Crow said:

If it makes you feel any better, it's actually preferable if it flops and sells 50 copies only to see its value spiral into the stratosphere when the vastly improved sequel hits.

I don't own the game any more -- I preyed on the Atlus print run paranoia of a clerk at the local Gamecrazy and got $40 for it (instead of the $28 they wanted for trade-in), and I consider myself very lucky.

I'm not getting an Xbox 360 at launch, largely because there's no "must have" games for it. I'm getting one in February/March roundabout the time Oblivion hits, though. I bought a 360 controller for my PC though, and I gotta say it kicks ass!

Ahahaha, I knew this game was going to be bad the moment I saw a massive hands on preview for Magna Cart in Play glowingly written up by ol' Dave 'Crackhead' Halverson.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Drinky Crow said:
I don't the game any more -- I preyed on the Atlus print run paranoia of a clerk at the local Gamecrazy and got $40 for it (instead of the $28 they wanted for trade-in), and I consider myself very lucky.

I'm not getting an Xbox 360 at launch, largely because there's no "must have" games for it. I'm getting one in February/March roundabout the time Oblivion hits, though. I bought a 360 controller for my PC though, and I gotta say it kicks ass!

Drinky... any suggestions for overcoming the Atlus print run paranoia (love how you put that!)...? I tend to get this from time to time as I'm sure many other RPG fans do...

haha, obviously I *don't* or I wouldn't have succumbed to it. :(

I actually considered picking up a used copy of Rhapsody at some obscene price recently, despite the game being a total stinker. I know White Man did too, so he can NOT give me grief about it.

Top Bottom