• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magna Carta: JESUS CHRIST THE BOX AUGH

Oh yeah, I forgot about Atelier Iris. I'd like to keep forgetting about it. I don't think I've played an RPG quite as dull since, uh, 7th Saga for the SNES.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
You people need to stop buying Atlus games not bearing the SMT label. You are missing nothing outside of them.

Bring back Wizardry Busin you fucks!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Drinky Crow said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about Atelier Iris. I'd like to keep forgetting about it. I don't think I've played an RPG quite as dull since, uh, 7th Saga for the SNES.

Agreed. I bought into the Atelier Iris hype. What a boring game that was. Bleh. I haven't put in Magna Carta yet, but since I picked up Suikoden Tactics and have yet to finish Fire Emblem, I likely won't this year, at all.

I have a simple solution to bypass the Atlus print run paranoia. If it doesn't have anything to do with the Shin Megami Tensei series, don't buy it right at release, wait on reviews. It's not like everything Atlus releases is gold.

And with Nippon Ichi, don't touch the games they release unless they developed it as well. Atelier Iris sucked, Generations of Chaos will suck.

Shouta

Atelier Iris was at least amusing in some regards (only Veola really). That's more than I can say for Magna Carta. I played a friend's copy of it in Japan and I felt cheated out of my time. :lol

jaundicejuice said:
Ahahaha, I knew this game was going to be bad the moment I saw a massive hands on preview for Magna Cart in Play glowingly written up by ol' Dave 'Crackhead' Halverson.

Was that the one where it descended into fetish talk? No, wait; that's too vague for a Halverson piece.

Limedust

jaundicejuice said:
I have a simple solution to bypass the Atlus print run paranoia. If it doesn't have anything to do with the Shin Megami Tensei series, don't buy it right at release, wait on reviews. It's not like everything Atlus releases is gold.

And with Nippon Ichi, don't touch the games they release unless they developed it as well. Atelier Iris sucked, Generations of Chaos will suck.

Agreed.

I bought Stella Deus and Atelier Iris on their respective release days, and just sold them both off about a week ago. I don't like owning a bad game, even if it is (or will inevitably become) rare, because in the end I don't have enough time to play the bad ones... Hell, I barely have time to play more than a few of the good ones.

mrpeabody

I have some sad, sad news to share with you all. I visited a Gamestop today and viewed an actual physical Magna Carta box. While the front cover was embossed and breasts were prominently displayed in said embossing...
...nipples were not.

EMBOSSED NIPPLES ARE A LIE.

mrpeabody said:
I have some sad, sad news to share with you all. I visited a Gamestop today and viewed an actual physical Magna Carta box. While the front cover was embossed and breasts were prominently displayed in said embossing...
...nipples were not.

EMBOSSED NIPPLES ARE A LIE.
QFT
I saw it at work today and this boobie issue was WAY WAY OVERBLOWN. pft.. the entire cover was embossed not, not like any particular area was focused on or anything.

Ark-AMN

Banned
anotheriori said:
QFT
I saw it at work today and this boobie issue was WAY WAY OVERBLOWN. pft.. the entire cover was embossed not, not like any particular area was focused on or anything.
Well, the cover has the "assless pants", so I'd figure that'd be just as good as a deterant here. Not to Drinky though it seems. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Next up on The Crow Punk'd: Generation of Chaos PSP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

...yeah, ummm...Idea Factory...at least wait until Spectral Souls II PSP gets released in the US.

Tarazet

What a completely unattractive game. I gave it an hour to prove itself to me - with most RPGs, by then I can see a little bit of potential. Not here. This shit's going on Ebay.

I too, was suckered in by this game.. I'll probably play it through to completion.. then I'll prey on an Atlus freak via ebay. RPGFan's review is what keeps me optimistic.. I like the battle system, though unforgiving is an understatement. I guess because I feel like traditional turn-based and real time are both tired and boring (Grandia III was the exception for me, most fun I've had playing a rpg), I like that this game tries to mix it up.

If Haren keeps his speaking to a minimum, I might actually enjoy the voice acting, too. Of course, anything is better than Star Ocean 3 in that area, imho.

Victrix

*beard*
Mejilan said:
I still cry myself to sleep at never having gotten the GBA Wizardry or the 2nd PS2 Wizardry... (le sigh)

*sigh*

See, I didn't know about those. Because I sort of avoided looking, because I knew that'd be the case

Now you've gone and depressed me too

I don't suppose there's any prayer of the DS Wizardry reaching our shores? :(

Wizardry 8 was played by far too few people...

I'm happy the soul still burns in japan at least, even though they tend to add Zany Japanese "SHYSTEMS" to each one, I'm down with that. There's something funky and cool about performing a friend gauge powered supercombo in a classic dungeon romp

Tarazet

Robobandit said:
I too, was suckered in by this game.. I'll probably play it through to completion.. then I'll prey on an Atlus freak via ebay. RPGFan's review is what keeps me optimistic.. I like the battle system, though unforgiving is an understatement. I guess because I feel like traditional turn-based and real time are both tired and boring (Grandia III was the exception for me, most fun I've had playing a rpg), I like that this game tries to mix it up.

If Haren keeps his speaking to a minimum, I might actually enjoy the voice acting, too. Of course, anything is better than Star Ocean 3 in that area, imho.

The battle style is the only decent part of the game, but the circular 3-button-press combo was done far better four years ago by Shadow Hearts, and the jumble of modifiers and weird elemental attributing is just stupid.

I just gotta say thanks Drinky.

I spotted this box on Friday while picking up some Xmas gifts at EB and I burst out laughing. :X

Get that crazy sailor out of the store!

Zensetsu

ases_1024.gif

He's got a 'purdy mouth..

:lol :lol :lol

DrDogg

Before I trash this game in my upcoming review (it takes priority as you can see), is there any way to change the camera angle? I could look in the manual, but that would be too much work, and this game sucks way too much to put in that kind of effort. :lol

Top Bottom