• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magnum P.I reboot in the works

strafer

I'm not sure anyone can replace Tom Selleck.

The network has handed out a sizable pilot-production commitment to a reboot of the Hawaii-set Tom Selleck cop drama.

The new Magnum P.I. is being written Peter Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim, who also are behind the network's Hawaii Five-0 reboot. (Lenkov, for his part, serves as showrunner on both Hawaii Five-O and the network's MacGyver reboot.)The Blacklist producers John Davis and John Fox will exec produce via their David Entertainment banner. The potential series is a co-production between CBS Television Studios — where Lenkov is based — and Universal Television, with the latter having produced the original series.

The new Magnum is described as an update of the original. It follows Thomas Magnum (Selleck's former role), a decorated ex-Navy SEAL (also like the original) who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. With help from fellow vets Theodore "TC" Calvin and Orville "Rick" Wright, as well as that of disavowed former MI:6 agent Juliet Higgins, Magnum takes on the cases no one else will, helping those who have no one else to turn to. Action, adventure and comedy aside, Magnum P.I. will also explore a brotherhood forged by the trauma of combat, what it means to return home an ex-soldier, and a commitment to continuing to serve while in the private sector.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/magnum-pi-reboot-works-at-cbs-1050888

No

No no

No no no

They'll fuck it up just like the Hawaii five o and macgyver reboots

Wonder how many times they'll talk about Bing and Subway

norm9

Since Hawaii 5-0 ending soon, they will probably just shift the enitre cast over to this production.

i hope they find someone with as hairy a chest as Tom Selleck.

21-tom-selleck-portrae6keg.jpg

I can just see them reusing episode ideas from H5-0. I hope they use the weaponized killer bees plot again, or the low budget iron man super military suit.
God that show was hilarious trash.

Top Bottom