• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: "We Are Listening!"

LeBoef

Unbelievable how calm those company twitter pr accounts are. I'd shit on every freak that corners me with weirdo comments. Right in the face

Not a major criticism or anything, but given that this tweet is a reply, the OP should probably link to it or at least provide the full context.

Hmm in the context it sounds like: "Rrrriiight *rollseyes*, anything else *sigh*?"

But I'll wait for his answers and E3 just to be sure ;)

Branduil

ibp2KdpWbEnx8i.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They could do this:

1) If the disc is in the drive, allow offline play.

2) If the game was bought via download, allow offline play (since we can't trade them in, lend, rent, whatever without a disc anyway).

The problem is the playing without the disc in bit. If I lend my disc to a friend and he installs it and then gives the game back, I could play offline and he can play online.

Really great strategy. Now when they slightly defang their bullshit it will look like a huge win.
Eh. When a company apologizes for its screw-up, but that screw-up was intentionally trying to screw me over and realizing that I won't take it, I'm not likely to be thrilled about the apology. Once I know that the intention to screw me over is there, it takes a lot to earn my love again. Not that MS has it right now, since they've been trying to screw me over this entire generation with XBLG.

Sony going last benefits them so much. If Microsoft decides to backtrack on all of this bullshit then Sony can do the same. And if Microsoft decides to keep all of these features then Sony can either follow suit or oppose them.

btkadams

Hmm in the context it sounds like: "Rrrriiight *rollseyes*, anything else *sigh*?"

But I'll wait for his answers and E3 just to be sure ;)

exactly what i got from it too. why even reply? it just came off douchey. the last tweet is interesting though. can't wait for e3.

Guymelef

The won't kill the "always online" DRM is his unique excuse to make XBone 300000 times better than PS4 thanks to the infinite power of the cloud.

dejay

Banned
I'm reasonably sure that the whole DRM thing has been negotiated between publishers and MS and Sony at this point. Things may change, but both MS and Sony will have to agree together I would think.

I'm predicting a four to seven day sign in period instead of 24 hours and more details on how second hand games are going to work.

oVerde

Banned
It really is. They listen to consumers but they don't hear consumers. It's like duh here is something that will hopefully shut you up. It's not exactly what you wanted but it's remotely related.
Oh boy, if companies reacted to literal costumers feedback world would be a mess.

I'm going to classify this as a "possible scenario" until it actually happens.

The Major has given us one Q&A already, let's not forget.

Freki

I'm going to classify this as a "possible scenario" until it actually happens.

The Major has given us one Q&A already, let's not forget.

"Q: Does Xbox One require an "always on" Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

That's probalby my favourite pr answer of all time...

Fox Mulder

Will they be answers or excuses? That's the real question.

The dodging doesn't really bother me. They're obviously waiting to see if people stop caring about the DRM schemes after they've shown off the shiny new games at E3.

I don't expect to hear concrete details for awhile.

Salaadin

Looking forward to this post of his. Hopefully it clears some things up.
And hopefully Phil Harrison stays away from it.

Mlatador

Banned
So just in case they scrap all their shitty policies, what does that mean for EA? Will they stop supporting the Xbox1 just like the Wii U. And if Sony does the same, will they support any console at all??? LoL!

Chaplain

MS and Sony are listening all because of GAF. Amazing that GAF is such a powerful influence on the industry. Hopefully websites will take note of this experience for future problems by standing up for the consumers that allow them to even have jobs (instead of the companies that pay their bills with ads).

def sim

I'm usually not a fan of the console wars snark, but the first post here is alright. Anyway, I hope that means they'll spell out their DRM restrictions sooner than E3. It's not an appropriate venue for that kind of information.

Top Bottom