• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask teased in new official Nintendo artwork

I can see this reaching "Link is a girl" levels of logic. Like others have said masks in these festivals are a common thing and Majoras Mask is iconic to Zelda, so it's more likely a situation where they wanted to have link in this traditional japanese festivity and put the mask on him. Not any more.

But wasn't it also discussed, rumoured and commented on when OoT3D came out?

And next year is going to be Zelda U, unless Nintendo is going to launch two Zelda games next year.

Edit: nevermind, forgot what year it came out. :l

Well I guess they could still do something like last year with WWHD and ALBW.

Tadaima

I can see this reaching "Link is a girl" levels of logic. Like others have said masks in these festivals are a common thing and Majoras Mask is iconic to Zelda, so it's more likely a situation where they wanted to have link in this traditional japanese festivity and put the mask on him. Not any more.

They could have done this at any time during the last 15 years, but they're doing it now – while simultaneously teasing Majora's Mask all over the place.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Nintendo just drew Majora's Mask in official artwork for the first time in almost 15 years at a time of high-intensity teasing for a MM remake. How is this thread reaching more than anything else we've seen so far?!
This thread is not reaching more than any other piece of "Majora's Mask teasing" seen so far.

You have to realize the reaching level has always been pretty high.

People at Nintendo remember about Majora's Mask. That's all you can take from this promotional picture. Stop doing this to yourself. Or keep going and look like a fool.

Platy

Ok. And which of those has a whole game named after it?

Those

hImg4XG.png

It is called Star Fox

as if that was ever in question. Over the past two years or so:

1. Happy Mask Man's bag is in his shop in OOT 3D
2. Miyamoto said they would move onto Majora's Mask after an original 3DS Zelda (ALBW)
3. Majora's Mask was featured in Animal Crossing and showed off by Bill Trinen
4. Majora's Mask placed inside your goddamn house, the single most visited location in A Link Between Worlds.
5. Majora's Mask soundtrack was offered as a club Nintendo prize, completely at random.
6. Majora's Mask replica at the Smash Bros invitational.
7. teases of Grezzo working on a Zelda title, including their staff advertisement.
8. and now this

amongst many other things I've since forgotten

Was actualy a cosplay item by Zelda Williams ... no relation.

They are both wishfull thinking

Does anyone have alternate download links to these? My account login isn't working for some reason. And where are the rest of the summer wallpapers?

They could have done this at any time during the last 15 years, but they're doing it now – while simultaneously teasing Majora's Mask all over the place.
Unless I'm mistaken didn't somebody else just say that they're doing a series of "Nintendo characters in the summer" series of images?

If it was child Link I'd take it to mean a remake of MM is forthcoming. But it's adult Link, so if anything I'd take it as a hint of something much, much bette than another mere 3DS port.

Tadaima

This thread is not reaching more than any other piece of "Majora's Mask teasing" seen so far.

You have to realize the reaching level has always been pretty high.

People at Nintendo remember about Majora's Mask. That's all you can take from this promotional picture. Stop doing this to yourself. Or keep going and look like a fool.

People at Nintendo have been remembering it a lot more over the last year. I don't think this is reaching. We've seen more Majora's Mask references in the last year than we have since it was originally released.

Nintendo loves to drop hints and teases before announcing games – especially Zelda titles. This strategy is quite typical of them. Couple this with the fact that Nintendo has re-released four other Zelda titles (including two this generation), and it's obvious as to why so many people are expecting a MM remake.

The illustrator wouldn't have sat there and prepared a random image – everything is produced according to spec. The Marketing department would have requested this image, and that department is well aware of Nintendo's release strategy for the next couple of years.
I think it's more likely that they just wanted a couple of summer themed Nintendo illustrations than a marketing department secretly teasing stuff through Club Nintendo... The illustrator probably sat there and and prepared what was asked of him, a summer themed Zelda illustration. Wether a remake of Majora's Mask ends up happening or not, and I think it will eventually, this wallpaper has little to do with it, it seems to me.

Second row far left: Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition
Oh, come on, now.
Besides, that row is the Star Fox team, not Pokémon.

Anyone care to upload the iPhone versions of these wallpapers? I just realize I can't open these without a Japanese account (missed it in the OP).

Someone at Nintendo remembers Majora's Mask CONFIRMED.

WOOT. I guess.

Hahaha. Terry Bogard has won this thread!

As others have said, I'm keeping my expectations in check. I do want that MM port/remake which is probably overdue by now, but I hope I never get to the point where I see a picture of some Nintendo executive wearing a purple T-shirt and then think "OMG, OMG. Majora's Mask CONFIRMED!"

But you don't think Nintendo knew that her favourite game was Majora's Mask, and thus invited her, predicting she might bring some Majora's Mask memorabilia? Think about it...

You're probably being facetious, but she wasn't the only celebrity there. She had to defend herself afterwards because she was getting everyone's hopes up just to bring them down. I actually think a MM remake is likely, just not based on that instance.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The fireworks obviously signify the hopes and dreams of fans wanting Majora's Mask remade exploding into overhyped nonsense.

Tadaima

Do you think you could rehost the wallpapers somewhere? That would be awesome.

Anyone care to upload the iPhone versions of these wallpapers? I just realize I can't open these without a Japanese account (missed it in the OP).

Would you mind posting a link to the 1920x1080 version for those who don't have Japanese CN accounts(such as myself)? I'd appreciate it a lot!

Zelda Hanabi wallpaper (desktop + mobile, all sizes): http://min.us/mnvXDHMHb30Re

Mario summer wallpaper (desktop + mobile, all sizes): http://min.us/mwtu8pdEVmKGR

eXistor

Stop teasing dammit! Just come out and say it's coming or not, I hate waiting for confirmation. I only played the game at release and have been wanting to do a replay badly, but if there's a remaster/make coming I don't wanna play the original again(technically it's waaaay behind the curve with its 15fps and such).

Zoon

Although I got a 3ds and a wiiu I would be sad if it will be for 3ds instead of wiiu. I need to play it on my tv nintendo!!!

Mr-Joker

Banned
Guys 2015 will be Majora's Mask 15th anniversary, Nintendo will release it next year and we will all love it.

This is them teasing us since they know that we know but they are still being coy about it.

Guys 2015 will be Majora's Mask 15th anniversary, Nintendo will release it next year and we will all love it.

This is them teasing us since they know that we know but they are still being coy about it.

Nintendo is anniversary-agnostic. Otherwise they'd have released a new Metroid game in 2011, and MOTHER 1 on it's 25th anniversary the other week.

zroid

Banned
Following Yoshi's New Island and Super Mario 3D World-themed summer wallpapers released last week, Nintendo has today released a new piece of Zelda artwork featuring Link sporting a yukata, fan, and – most importantly – Majora's Mask.

Is the Mario one rehosted anywhere?

edit: nvm, scrolled up

Top Bottom