• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Makoto Asada (ex-Cave) making three more Xbox One games, one at E3, one at TGS

gribbles

Banned
I love how Microsoft keeps focusing on bribing devs to keep everything exclusive to their console, while Sony is happily providing funding for devs who aren't even bringing games to their console.

Makes sense.

They need titles for their Japanese launch.

This will definitely help augment their current lineup of titles that cater to a Japanese audience. Which is practically nil at this point.

Yaoibot

Where is the word exclusive?

Nowhere is the term used in direct-conjunction with the games, from the materials that I've read. The author of the article speculates that it will unleash a flood of X1 exclusives. The hype-junkies are running with it anyway.

Chobel

I love how Microsoft keeps focusing on bribing devs to keep everything exclusive to their console, while Sony is happily providing funding for devs who aren't even bringing games to their console.

How do you those games were moneyhatted an not funded by MS.

Well, that would be funny if Xbox One gets more Japanese support than the PS4. Microsoft will get my support if the games are there.

Didn't the 360 get this kind of support too, from pretty much the same devs. Heck, it even landed some pretty big Japanese exclusives and that did nothing for it. This won't either.

Is shmup a dirty word in gaming now? Resogun was a ton of fun and I can't wait for whatever the next iteration on it will be (DLC or otherwise). Or is that not considered one? It's early and I'm tired so please forgive me if I'm speaking nonsense :(

rrc1594

I love how you just talk out of your ass

giphy.gif

bloke

It's probably gonna be smaller downloadable title comparable with Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds. Don't really think 5pb/Mages have capabilities for anything bigger, but we shall see.

Though I wonder if MS partnership with 5pb is what should we except from other smaller companies that announced XBO support, would like to see what G.Rev and Cave are cooking.

Sciortino

Microsoft is moving in the right direction with their japanese support. Sony better bring their jrpgs as well because there are literally none announced for current gen releasing on PS4 besides KH3 and FFXV..

I don't think that will matter. The 360 had plenty of good exclusives in Japan, but they don't seem to want to buy a console with "Microsoft" written on it.

Yup, and this gen they don't seem to want a console at all. The X1 will probably be doing sub 1000 from the get go.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Japanese devs always take a while to move on from previous gen, and console adoption is similarly slow. Give it time.

But your assuming they wouldn't be moving onto mobile. Which still seems a pretty large chance. I mean the Vita's going to do better than the PS4 ever will and even that is beginning to bomb again.

I'm really not so hopeful about that industry.

KaiserBecks

I love how Sony providing funds for someone's TGS booth already payed off.

Munki

I wonder how much of the 1 billion dollar game budget is going towards all these Japanese titles.

Let's see the receipts for these money hats. Back it up.

MS provides funding for devs too...free dev kits and Unity licenses, reduced costs of booths at gaming conventions such as PAX East, inclusion in their ID@Xbox dev conferences with some expenses paid, ect

By all means, continue shitting up threads though!

Tain

All developers are obligated to make all of their games run on all of the platforms, especially if they would otherwise just make it a gross and problematic Xbox game.

This shouldn't be an issue at all and is best for the developers in the long run because I know everything about the behind-the-scenes development of all games.

Prine

Banned

What do you know about the details? Nothing. You sounds like your mad at MS for strengthening XB1 content

It sounds like Microsoft is working with a small western publisher to localize these games. I would imagine that is what all the E3 meetings are about.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If it's not a shmup than I don't even know what to expect... other than Nin2Jump, which was bad.

Though I dunno if Asada even worked on that himself.

Top Bottom