• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanNLY

Neo Member
Gemüsepizza;121792486 said:
Pictures like that don't paint you in a good light, to put it mildly. It's stupid propaganda. If all those points were already proven, the international reactions would be quite different.

Responses like this paint you in an even worse light.

Simplet

I knew you all would shoot down the Asia Times article I posted for not following the GAF narrative!

Nobody is trying to hear anything that doesn't say: :Russia did it!"

Or god forbid entertain any other plausible scenarios.

I knew it! You only have to post a great level headed article about the obvious western propaganda and russian sterling standards of journalistic integrity to get the hive mind into a frenzy! God damned sheep, they obviously have an agenda, not like you!

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I knew you all would shoot down the Asia Times article I posted for not following the GAF narrative!

Was it written by someone that works for Russia Today and has appeared on Alex Jones?

Helpful hint: It was, therefore easily dismissed before even reading the batshit crazy content.

rinse82

This women, is really really lucky.

From Daily Mail

An air stewardess has cheated death twice – by switching shifts on both doomed Malaysia Airlines flights.
Tan Bee Jeok, 43, was supposed to be flying on MH17, which was shot down over Ukraine, and the missing airliner MH370.
Tragically, her husband, Sanjid Singh, who is also an air steward, died on the flight downed by a missile on Thursday.
Mr Singh, 41, had swapped flights with a colleague to fly on the Kuala Lumpur-bound Boeing 777.

Quite amazing.

Although "lucky" wouldn't be how I would describe her, she did lose her husband on MH17 after all.

Amir0x

Banned
why is it that all these magically 'plausible scenarios' involve the most hilariously implausible explanations for all the clear evidence we already have?

What's so wrong with waiting for the investigation to be completed? I think we all know it will be completely politicized but the evidence will speak for itself and it will be up to the investigators to make the case either way. Let's wait and see. EVERYTHING is speculation at this point; even if folks already made up their mind that they (think) they know exactly what happened.

TrueGrime

n7Z6cGIqQC2BPGAlPWbN_Let%20Fear%20Go%20Neo.gif

Responses like this paint you in an even worse light.

Well I am not the one posting stupid propaganda pictures. My opinion is in line with the international community. While it seems likely that the rebels are responsible, we don't have proof yet. Yet you are claiming to know exactly what happened.

This women, is really really lucky.

From Daily Mail

An air stewardess has cheated death twice – by switching shifts on both doomed Malaysia Airlines flights.
Tan Bee Jeok, 43, was supposed to be flying on MH17, which was shot down over Ukraine, and the missing airliner MH370.
Tragically, her husband, Sanjid Singh, who is also an air steward, died on the flight downed by a missile on Thursday.
Mr Singh, 41, had swapped flights with a colleague to fly on the Kuala Lumpur-bound Boeing 777.

I'm pretty sure I saw this on Final Destination...

If that article were true and the claims/alleged confirmations made by the Russian Defense Ministry were accurate, that would imply that the missile launch site likely detected by US satellites (known collectively as the Space Based Infrared System) was a falsification or intentionally misleading. Would you say that is accurate?

kess

What's so wrong with waiting for the investigation to be completed? I think we all know it will be completely politicized but the evidence will speak for itself and it will be up to the investigators to make the case either way. Let's wait and see. EVERYTHING is speculation at this point; even if folks already made up their mind that they (think) they know exactly what happened.

Wow.

How long are investigators supposed to wait before they get access to the site?

DanNLY

Neo Member
big news if true!

According to sources in the terrorist organization "Russian Orthodox army" Gìrkìn/Strelkov fled Donetsk.

Bs8IIbvIYAAjqxy.jpg

freddy would only be convinced if he saw a photo of Putin personally shaking hands with the separatist leader, and even that would only be after Russian state run media told him the photo wasn't photoshopped.

No he would need Putin to fly out to him and hand him the photo in person to truly be convinced.

DarkFlow

Banned
If that article were true and the claims/alleged confirmations made by the Russian Defense Ministry were accurate, that would imply that the missile launch site likely detected by a US satellite was a falsification. Would you say that is accurate?
Damn right it's fake, just like the moon landings. Coincidence? I think not!

Amir0x

Banned
No he would need Putin to fly out to him and hand him the photo in person to truly be convinced.

Hm, maybe you're right. During this meeting, would freddy require verbal confirmation from Putin, or could just handing off the photo work? Or would Putin need to discuss to him the merits of the photo in its totality over the course of a dinner hosted at the Kremlin? You know, to really convince him of its viability as evidence?

antonz

Strelkov has to be smuggled back to Russia eventually. Chechens etc. are expendable cannon fodder. Strelkov being an FSB officer means he is way too valuable to allow Ukraine to capture.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
(All I see is green on this page, I'm trying to get back to you all.)

Anyways, I don't know. I guess that would be up to Kiev, no? What's the hold up.

Kiev controls access to the site?

Have you been keeping up with events?

I guess not.

That's kind of the problem with the plane being shot down over rebel-held territory, they don't, the rebels control access.

Strelkov has to be smuggled back to Russia eventually. Chechens etc. are expendable cannon fodder. Strelkov being an FSB officer means he is way too valuable to allow Ukraine to capture.

Girkin/Strelkov is too much of a liability politically to Putin now to be allowed back into Russia.

It's find another war or flee to South America now for him, the only thing waiting for him in Russia will be polonium tea followed by an unmarked grave.

Nilaul

Hm, maybe you're right. During this meeting, would freddy require verbal confirmation from Putin, or could just handing off the photo work? Or would Putin need to discuss to him the merits of the photo in its totality over the course of a dinner hosted at the Kremlin? You know, to really convince him of its viability as evidence?

Always a chance of that Putin being a hired imposter.

DanNLY

Neo Member
Gemüsepizza;121793362 said:
Well I am not the one posting stupid propaganda pictures. My opinion is in line with the international community. While it seems likely that the rebels are responsible, we don't have proof yet. Yet you are claiming to know exactly what happened.

Relativism - denies absolutes truth.

Skepticism - doubts all truth

You are saying readily apparent truth is not truth.

Is the internet behind a great firewall in Russia or I'm I missing something else here? How can people so blindly believe in what comes out of the Russian media? Do they have no access to the outside world?

IT sector is understand. Some people trolling (but it mostly 8-16 years old), some one is patriot of his country and give no shit what relay, as Putin is always right. There is one special case - this is old people. They live in USSR, where propaganda that on level with North Korea. They was trained to believe to anything , that comes from TV. That's why first, what gets captured is TV antenna, to start transmission of Russian TV.

If that article were true and the claims/alleged confirmations made by the Russian Defense Ministry were accurate, that would imply that the missile launch site likely detected by US satellites (known collectively as the Space Based Infrared System) was a falsification or intentionally misleading. Would you say that is accurate?
It's basically one's word against the other. I'm really interested to see what happens at this crash site. And I find it suspicious if investigators haven't been allowed to go in yet...

Simplet

Yes what's so wrong with waiting for the investigation to be completed? We just need to wait for the separatists to hand back the black boxes and all the evidence they sent who knows where. Maybe if we're lucky they'll even give us back the dead bodies, hopefully someone can still recognize them by then.

Never mind the technical evidence from the heat-signature and so forth that the missile came from deep inside rebel territory, all of this is just hearsay.

Relativism - denies absolutes truth.

Skepticism - doubts all truth

You are saying readily apparent truth is not truth.

Russia most likely has a whole battalion of AA near the border incase Ukraine or NATO try something, a picture of one inside Russia isn't really a smoking gun.

I do think Russia do have the AA and will try to destroy evidence, most likely trying to find someone to be a scapegoat like Albania did with the KLA to please the ICC.

Amir0x

Banned
Kiev controls access to the site?

Have you been keeping up with events?

I guess not.

That's kind of the problem with the plane being shot down over rebel-held territory, they don't, the rebels control access.

I see several legitimate points of inquiry here, let me fill in while we wait for freddy.

1. where is the evidence the rebels control this area?

2. where is the evidence Ukraine didn't sneak in a Russian missile system into rebel controlled territory, secretly fire it at the airplane, and then run away before anyone could see and therefore blame it on the innocent separatists?

3. where is the evidence that Putin gave the Russian made missile system to the separatists, and how do you know the separatists didn't accidentally stumble upon it in an alley somewhere on their own?

4. How do you know Obama didn't team up with the separatists and pay them money to shoot down to plane to discredit Russia? Money talks, bullshit walks.

5. where is the evidence that the plane was even shot down? How do we know these 298 people even exist? I don't see any blackboxes or passports being divulged. And the separatists are currently involved in a very professional and extensive investigation, so something would have turned up by now and been given to the proper international authorities for verification if anything had happened!

These are just SOME of the totally realistic questions that may be involved in any number of alternative EXTREMELY PLAUSIBLE SCENARIOS. Please answer them before I proceed further in what I believe.

Always a chance of that Putin being a hired imposter.

Fuck, and he's just the type of weasly fuck who would do that too. Even though I totally trust and admire him and would never suspect his country being involved in something like this!

DarkFlow

Banned
It's basically one's word against the other. I'm really interested to see what happens at this crash site. And I find it suspicious if investigators haven't been allowed to go in yet...
You really don't have a clue what's going on do you. NO ONE CAN START A INVESTIGATION BECAUSE THE PRO RUSSIAN REBELS WON'T LET ANYONE IN.

Wait. That's one part I missed. The separatists have the black boxes??

Not all of them. They said they found one. And Ukrainian government they found second. I know akrplain has at least 2. One is located in cockpit And writing all conversations Bergen pilots and radio and second writing systems info and etc. As this is airplane I am sure there is more than 1 duplicating BB.

I know right? Why won't the investigators go in when there are the rebels at the site shooting at them when they try to come close. So odd right?

Yes what's so wrong with waiting for the investigation to be completed? We just need to wait for the separatists to hand back the black boxes and all the evidence they sent who knows where. Maybe if we're lucky they'll even give us back the dead bodies, hopefully someone can still recognize them by then.

Never mind the technical evidence from the heat-signature and so forth that the missile came from deep inside rebel territory, all of this is just hearsay.
The rebels are doing a bit better against the Kiev military then I give them credit for I guess. I've been abroad for the last month and , admittedly, I stopped keeping up with the Ukraine fiasco after the Gaza fiasco popped off. Anyways, like I said, I find it suspicious that no one has been allowed to access the crash site yet.

I still think it's equally possible that the Kiev rebels shot the plane down or the armed forces of Ukraine did. I'm not ruling anything out. I know my not going into a 'Russians did it" bloodlust is pissing people off, but that's not my problem.

Amir0x

Banned
To be fair Russia might release them 9 years later like they did with Flight 007

good point then maybe we can settle this extremely mysterious with no possible alternative method of solving it case!

come on you guys, he's clearly fucking with us right now lol

Ponn

Banned

Jesus age christ people. Literally move away from your computer and turn on the TV and turn to your news channel. I literally, with my own eyes (sorry don't have evidence it was my own eyes) watched the 6 news and they had an ONSITE reporter literally filming and interviewing REBELS blockading the site and hauling bodies in trucks. HE FUCKING INTERVIEWED A REBEL HAULING BODIES AWAY IN A TRUCK TO SOME UNDISCLOSED SITE HE DIDN'T KNOW. All of this on fucking camera, right fucking there. There investigators were right there being interviewed as well complaining they were held up by REBEL forces blocking the site and missing evidence. On the fucking 6 o'clock news.

I'm sorry, Amirox was putting it nicely on the last page but there is skepticism and then there is ordering a Big Mac and getting in an argument with the cashier that you want proof you will actually get a Big Mac before paying. It's called lacking critical thinking skills and hiding it with pseudo-intellectualism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom