• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mallrats Magic Eye image was not actually a sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jme

So, I was watching Mallrats tonight when I decided it's time to pause it and see the sailboat that Willam struggles with throughout the film. It took me about 30 seconds but the image finally came into focus, but it didn't appear to be a sailboat, nor a schooner. It was actually a pattern of simple geometric shapes.
Then I googled it, and found this video from 2012 where some guy duplicates the layer in photoshop and uses difference blend mode to reveal the pattern.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwLfhh4Sd_Q

Why Kevin Smith? Why?

6dIsVNM.png

The Beard

I was never able to see those damn things, and now I'm convinced that everyone who claimed to see the hidden images is completely full of shit.

Dosia

I used to see them all the time as a kid. Havent tried in 15+ years though to see if I could still do it.

I remember the first time I saw one of these things at a friend of my mom's house. It took me almost an hour to see it and it was a amazing. It was the greenish statue of liberty one. Once you see one you sort of get the trick and can see all of them without too much effort.

Edit: That top one is just a big ol' heart.

I was really hoping he was trolling and it was going to be a dickbutt. I've come to expect less from the Internet. Good job OP.

One of my friends parents had a magic eye painting framed in their living room (why? Because it was the '90s, that's why.) and no matter how much I looked at it, I could never see the hidden image. I still can't see the hidden images in these things. I Think I am blind to magic eye images. I could never see them.

Not even after smoking a fatty-boombatty blunt could I see a sailboat, an ocean, and maybe even some of those big-tittied mermaids doing some of that lesbian shit!

All I see is an old orange dude with a big mouth and tiny hands. I think he's holding something, too. It looks like... a cat?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I haven't done these in forever. They use to have them in a lot of dentist offices when I was a kid. Just had to re-teach myself how to do them?

The trick is to stare at the image and cross/uncross your eyes, don't look away or even partly focus on something not the image. Works every time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
For about 30 minutes one night in the '90s I was able to see these and I still don't really believe they work.

I hope his pants get caught and a bloodbath ensues!

I was on an escalator the day after that woman got ground up by one in China and the same plate that she fell through was loose. Chills, man.

Fallen92

OK so are these images supposed to pop out at you or give a sense of depth like as if the image is sinking in? The 3DS trick makes them pop out but when I look at them with my naked eye they seem to sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom