• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mallrats Magic Eye image was not actually a sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
That was a fake????

Next thing you're trying to tell me is that this wasn't really Batman:
CCgRWEd.jpg

Davey Cakes

I can see "magic eye" images pretty easily. I'm not full of shit.

Everyone has their own technique. I just start really close, unfocus my eyes, and pull back really slowly. It works.

Feep

Banned
How can you *not* see Magic Eye images? I can literally just look at them, unfocus my eyes for a moment, and see the image.

Get on the level, nerds.

Stasis

Man. What a bummer.

Also I still don't get how ppl can't see these. Unless they have various eyesight issues ofc.

But Mallrats 2 tho!

Blizzard

Banned
It took me maybe 15 seconds to see it -- plus, circle, diamond, star on the top row etc.

Being able to see magic eye images, even with really shortsighted vision in one eye, is a kind of lame superpower though.

BHK3

Banned
What do you do to see anything in these images? Cross my eyes and then what? What do I line up with the duplicate images of static?

What do you do to see anything in these images? Cross my eyes and then what? What do I line up with the duplicate images of static?

Pretend you are trying to focus on something through the image, like looking out a window. The pattern will start to overlap and when fully overlapped a "3D" image will snap clearly into view.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Once you learn how to see them, you can't not see them. Even though I haven't looked at one in ages, I instantly picked up the images here. Technique that works for me is hold two fingers in front of your eyes until a floating "sausage" appears between them.

Cool how he reveals the image. Smith should have just got a legit sailboat one.

Amazing. :D

DBT85

I've still never seen one. If more had that kind of video so I could see what I'm supposed to see I might be able to.

I go all cross eyed and lazy and all that happens is a central part looks weird compared to th rest of the image, but I still can't make anything out.

Pejo

Gold Member
Fuck OP, you just sent me back down the Magic Eye rabbit hole. Now i'm watching videos and googling more puzzles.

I can see them in about 2-3 seconds each, so it's not hard, I just love doing them.

KingV

I still love magic eye. I had one in j my room as a kid with Dinosaurs. It had like 5 and two palm trees and some ground texture.

I still think they're really fun, even today. Mostly held back because people don't build very cool ones.

I'm guessing there is some limit to how hard they are to see if the underlying 3d aspect is very complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom