• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man, The Cleveland Show really isn't that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rembrandt

Banned
It's not amazing or anything but it's like a blend of family guy and american dad. Maybe I just saw later episodes and don't remember the terrible early ones, but people act like this shit is actually shit. Can't believe the series died before a stewie and rallo crossover.

Are you joking or did you get Hot In Cleveland mixed up with The Cleveland Show?

oEr2sbY.gif

Me and the wife loved Cleveland Show, it took a few episodes to find its feet but once it did it was very good.

Some great characters and some genuinely funny stories too. Also loved what they did with Cleveland Jr, his ‘I’m either a genius or really dumb’ thing was well done.

Makes me sad to think it’s gone

I actually enjoy the Cleveland Show. Not as good as AD,but better than the cesspool FG morphed into.

Bob's Burgers >>>>> All 3 Seth shows.

the only problem with bob's burgers:
"lol i'm so randumb, Maybe if i SHOUT THINGS LOUD AND OBNOXIOUSLY IT WILL BE FUNNY"

I dont think I have ever seen a post so wrong in my life! Louise Is one of the best characters on TV, me and the wife always say that if we have a daughter, she will probably turn our like Louise

I loved how random and weird the humor was in that show. There was one episode where Roberta just appeared in the living room on a toilet that popped out of a hidden panel in the wall and I had to rewind just to make sure I wasn't stroking out or something.

American Dad and The Cleveland Show seem to get better with time while Family Guy gets worse. I still like FG but something has been way off about it last few seasons. Still good for a few chuckles, tho.

Akahige

It took about 10 or 12 episodes to start to come into it's own, the end of Season One on is great, much better than Family Guy was at the time but I guess that's not saying much.

Lulu23

Holy crap, I didn't even know this was an actual show. I always thought it was just a joke inside Family Guy.

I love the Cleveland Show...it's way better than American Dad and even better than Family Guy.

People think the target audience was black people. "It's Family Guy, but for black people!"

If you actually sit down and watch it, you realize it's more like Family Guy for stoners.

Akahige

American Dad Pre-Hd > Family Guy Pre-Cancellation > American Dad Post-Hd > The Cleveland Show > Family Guy Post-Cancellation

Phoenix

It never gets as good as American Dad, but after season one it tended to be consistently better than Family Guy.

I thought it was uniformly awful, maybe a couple genuinely funny jokes in the entire run. By far the weakest of the MacFarlane oeuvre, which to me ranks something like this:

American Dad>>Family Guy (pre-cancellation)>>>>Family Guy>>>>[giant number, near infinite]Cleveland Show

turtle553

It all was too much for me to go Family Guy to American Dad to Cleveland Show. They all ran on the same basic formula and it just retroactively made me hate all of them.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I feel as if though the show is kind of a Family Guy Lite of sorts. Less interested in attracting controversy (not that it hasn't made me laugh like a gombeen in Family Guy's part) and more focused on a more traditional sitcom style that neither Family Guy nor American Dad offered (more akin to King of the Hill, I feel), with a dash of that MacFarlane zanyness to its characters. Or as MovieBob once described "it was much more an up-to-date, regionally-specific Simpsons than the "Black Family Guy" many were expecting." I do feel though that Tim, Holt and Lester should get a send off in a Family Guy episode, because they deserve it.

Adult Swim should grab it like TBS did American Dad.
Too late for that now. Cleveland and his new family have since moved back to Quahog and have become a part of Family Guy.

"lol i'm so randumb, Maybe if i SHOUT THINGS LOUD AND OBNOXIOUSLY IT WILL BE FUNNY"
You sure you're not talking about Gene?

If you actually sit down and watch it, you realize it's more like Family Guy for stoners.
I think they even did a meta-gag involving two frat boys who were watching the show in one of the episodes.

blakep267

I hate bobs burgers. Or more so, I like bob and his wife but don't like the kids. Dan mintz voice gives me a headache and I don't care for Kristin schaal.

The Cleveland Show has had some really unwatchable segments, but on the whole I found the entire run hilarious. Consistently funny every episode. Way better than Family Guy ever was.

Jon Armdog

It's easily the best of the three.

Definitely. Its certainly much better than Family Guy.

I actually loved the Cleveland show, and was very disappointed when it got the axe. Bob's Burgers has sort of filled the void for me.

Edit: I just saw someone mentioned Rick and Morty - that's currently the best of the best (when the hell are they coming back, by the way?). I would go with this for my personal hierarchy:

Rick and Morty > Futurama > old Simpsons > South Park > Bobs Burgers > Cleveland Show > new Simpsons > Amercian Dad > older Family Guy >>>>>>> newer Family Guy

Did you mean to post Gene? I think you meant to put a picture of Gene there. Word for word of your post just described him. Louise is great, and I love when they pepper in some genuine heart for her character when it comes to her family.

Didn't American Dad get cancelled or something? Like... last season was only a handful of episodes?

Cleveland Show was cancelled as well IIRC since he's back on Family Guy.

I like the slight that the Simpsons got in the Simpsons/Futurama episode.

"Back in the past (or the present if you're a Simpson's fan)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom