• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mandalorian Season 2 | DIsney+ | October 30th

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Doing a rewatch of the series since COVID pretty much set everything back a year and I needed a Star Wars fix since The Bad Batch hasn't really been hitting for me.

It's funny how well the general population took to a sci-fi / fantasy spin on Lone Wolf and Cub. The protagonist is no hero at the start, in fact he plainly acts like a typical Star Wars villain until the end of the first episode, but people loved him anyways.

On season 2 now, and the vibe is different from a directing standpoint, even when episodes are from a director that worked in season one. I hope they don't keep drifting in season 3 because of the massive popularity. What they captured in season one was really special TV IMO.

Chaplain

Wonder what peoples thoughts are about the following article that discusses the parallels between the Mandalorian and Christ's birth:

"The Mandalorian is a recent installment in the Star Wars canon. The 16-episode show streamed its second season finale via Disney Plus on December 18, 2020. It’s no mistake that the closing chapter aired one week before Christmas Day. For the arrival of a mysterious green child a long time ago in a galaxy far far away has a surprising correlation to the events surrounding the advent of a child born in Bethlehem 2,000 years in the past. Let’s take a deeper look into The Mandalorian and see how it compares to the Nativity story." (12/23/21)

Edited

Last edited:
Man season 2 was so great. Still rewatch it when I don’t know what to put on. Hopefully bobas as good but I don’t have my hopes too high

A lot people say that after watching the trailer but given that Robert Rodriguez has said it's only footage from the first half of the very first episode I am excited to see what happens.

Top Bottom