• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oni_saru

Welcome, what are you reading?

well I keep up with Naruto and Bleach even though I'm not the biggest fan of them. Bad habit from when i started reading them weekly.

Nothing I'm dedicated to right now. I just read whatever preorders I have that come in. And whatever recommendations that ppl give out.

I'll look into Molester Man Infinite! Even if that name makes me very hesitant to. Haha

And hey Tuna! I did not know you were DTL :O Hehe this will be fun~

hAcz8.jpg

After 140+ chapters of this masterpiece I feel that I have come close to the apex. All that I need to do now is start reading Lotte no Omacha and my soul will be subsumed into the very essence of manga itself. All that will remain is the rotting flesh that is my brain, having been violated like a female in Rito's vicinity.

Also, Yabuki really wants to spread the gospel of Black Cat into the rest of his stuff, it seems.

Oh, and hi MangaGAF. I need suggestions for a long running (100+ chapter) manga serialization that isn't Berserk or Urasawa Naoki's stuff.

bigkrev

Hi all. I guess my first post can be here since I've lurked here quite a bit ^^ I finally got a gaf account!

Anyways just wanted to say thanks for that time you all mentioned Onani Master Kurosawa AKA Fap Note. It was fantastic :'D I may have shed a tear or two!

I hope to participate in quite a few convos here. :D

READ MOLESTER MAN

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Hi all. I guess my first post can be here since I've lurked here quite a bit ^^ I finally got a gaf account!

Anyways just wanted to say thanks for that time you all mentioned Onani Master Kurosawa AKA Fap Note. It was fantastic :'D I may have shed a tear or two!

I hope to participate in quite a few convos here. :D

Another joins SmutGAF. Good.

Now premonitions have been repeatedly proven by science? What the hell is going on?

How in the world does everyone still have extra clothes and luggage when nobody is ever shown carrying anything despite constantly being on the move? They don't even show luggage lying around.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There are some who think it maybe Akira.

Hell, with all the time-travel shenanigans it just maybe true.

My KATAWA SHOUJO Adventures.

...Excuse me Hanako, would you please sit down from the throne and sit on the number 2 seat...? Thank you, sweetheart <3

Emi, could you shuffle to the number 3 seat please? Thank you.

BECAUSE GODDAMN I JUST FINISHED LILLY'S GOOD ENDING ROUTE LAST NIGHT AND SHE SHOULD RIGHTFULLY SIT AT THE NUMBER ONE THRONE!

Goddamn it gave me diabetes just by playing it. So incredibly sweet, almost unbearably so. Un-fucking-believable. Simply amazing. Simply marvelous.

Cliched as hell but since I am weak to that kind of stuff it got me... It got me bad. I was surprised that my smile at the end was that large.

Ohhh boy..... The next routes I am gonna play (Shizune/Rin) need to do something out of this world to eclipse the feel I got from Lilly's.
Shizune sucks and the only good thing about the route is the manner in which you can achieve the bad ending.

By the way, why is the little boy still dressing up like a girl? He made it clear it was a reason to survive by tricking people at first, but he just sticks with it. And everyone still calls him a girl despite it having nothing to do with his gender identity.

Now premonitions have been repeatedly proven by science? What the hell is going on?

How in the world does everyone still have extra clothes and luggage when nobody is ever shown carrying anything despite constantly being on the move? They don't even show luggage lying around.

Why the hell are you reading Cage of Eden.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's best to just forget of scientific truthfulness when reading Cage of Eden.

Kamiya, for example, says so many bullshit with a straight face throughout the manga it's hilarious. It's like the extent of research the Author did for his 'facts' was just a simple Google search and click and nothing more, hahaha.

Shizune sucks and the only good thing about the route is the manner in which you can achieve the bad ending.

Gonna save Rin for the last since it seems so many people are floored by her route. Considering I was floored by Lilly's, I am looking forward to it.

After 140+ chapters of this masterpiece I feel that I have come close to the apex. All that I need to do now is start reading Lotte no Omacha and my soul will be subsumed into the very essence of manga itself. All that will remain is the rotting flesh that is my brain, having been violated like a female in Rito's vicinity.

Also, Yabuki really wants to spread the gospel of Black Cat into the rest of his stuff, it seems.

So did you have a favorite girl?

Oh, and hi MangaGAF. I need suggestions for a long running (100+ chapter) manga serialization that isn't Berserk or Urasawa Naoki's stuff.

The World God Only Knows

Gods_Beard, is this how you have to get your jollies after F.Champ at SCR-gate? :p

I actually won my bet, though. Before SCR, I made a bet with someone that Chris G would lose, and he did. Once SCR started, it was obvious to me that PR Rog was playing out of his mind. On Saturday I had him to win and Chris and Champ in loser's finals. Didn't quite come out that way, though.

oni_saru

Molester Man

Okay so I just started this. And well not too bad. The title is really misleading. So far it's kind of cute. Some of the things Molester said in the beginning had me rolling my eyes.

But so far Molester's thought process is entertaining. I like that Glasses and him became bros! xD That part got me!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For MangaGaf who remembered my request.

I already caught up with Sket Dance, Suicide Island and Solanin. I'm not sure which manga I should start.

Hoshin Engi
Pumpkin Scissors
Team Medical Dragon
Metamorcode
Neon Dimension Ascension
Kimi Note
A Bride's Story: good historic slice of life manga set in central Asia during the 19th century. Very relaxing and enjoyable read with amazing art
Planetes: still the best sci-fi manga I ever read.
REAL: fantastic sports manga about wheelchair basketball.
Takemitsu Zamurai: excellent samurai manga with a unique art style
Pluto: great sci-fi crime mystery manga
Ressentiment: the best take on the whole MMO virtual reality type of stories.
Flame of Recca
Kongou Banchou is nice little cheesy battle shounen with likable characters and good art. It just finished too.
Nanatsu no Taizai/The Seven Deadly sins is a new series from the same author and the art really is awesome. 8 chapters in last time I checked.
Worth following!
Beelzebub is a pretty amazingly funny comic. Well, it's not as been as funny lately as it mixes in more battle elements, but it's still a fun comic.
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru - A seinen mixed martial arts comic with a big focus on karate.
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - It's really fucking good. Check it out.
Slam Dunk - A classic. Awesome sports comic from Inoue Takehiko that ended far too soon. It's beginning is a bit rough, but trust me when I say
that the payoff from sticking with it is amazing. It's also fun watching Inoue's art evolve.
Any comic by Adachi Mitsuru. I few of my favorites are Touch, H2, and Cross Game.
Boys on the Run - An awesome slice-of-life comic. READ IT
REAL - Another awesome series from Inoue Takehiko about wheelchair basketball. READ IT
The World God Only Knows - A fun comic that a lot of folks here enjoy. Give it a shot
Onani Master Kurosawa
Magi
FOURTEEN
Tetsuwan Girl
Green Blood
Teppu
7 Seeds
Kekkaishi
Dorohedoro
Iris zero
JoJo Bizarre Adventure

I'm thinking about 7 Seeds or JoJo Bizarre Adventure. Do anyone know any short completed manga on the list?

7 Seeds and Jojo's are the two best manga on that list. Also among the longest.

Cage of Eden

Why would gorillas copy people making stone stacks? Why would you interpret their agression as humans knowing a technique to fight them? WHAT IS HAPPENING

bigkrev

I already caught up with Sket Dance, Suicide Island and Solanin. I'm not sure which manga I should start.

I'm thinking about 7 Seeds or JoJo Bizarre Adventure. Do anyone know any short completed manga on the list?

If you want short, completed, and good, Onani Master.

How did 30 people not notice two goddamn branches sticking out of Zaji's back? He was drenched in blood and didn't say anything? What the hell.

edit: what the fuck? why are they still letting the little boy bathe with the women when it was obviously a problem before? It's not even like the kid's gay or anything, he's a total lech.

double edit: holy shit Frank Reynolds out of nowhere.

Azure J

I actually won my bet, though. Before SCR, I made a bet with someone that Chris G would lose, and he did. Once SCR started, it was obvious to me that PR Rog was playing out of his mind. On Saturday I had him to win and Chris and Champ in loser's finals. Didn't quite come out that way, though.
Oh ok. Just had to ask because those impressions of Cage of Eden are terrifyingly bad. Not even "so bad it's good", just outright "wat.son".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Lucifer and the biscuit hammer is fairly short.

It's not short, but read fourteen and have your world view change.

But yeah, get on 7 seeds.

Oh ok. Just had to ask because those impressions of Cage of Eden are terrifyingly bad. Not even "so bad it's good", just outright "wat.son".

It's so bad that the two main protagonists have both confessed their love to each other, they promised to marry each other and everyone knows that they love each other but they still can't ask each other out because they're so worried the other person doesn't like them. They spend every other chapter holding each other's hands or kissing or claiming the other person. But they're still afraid to look at each other. It's not even typical shonen writing bad. It just straight up makes no sense. It's the definition of things happening just to have things happening. The laziness is frankly astounding.

Ezalc

How did 30 people not notice two goddamn branches sticking out of Zaji's back? He was drenched in blood and didn't say anything? What the hell.

edit: what the fuck? why are they still letting the little boy bathe with the women when it was obviously a problem before? It's not even like the kid's gay or anything, he's a total lech.

double edit: holy shit Frank Reynolds out of nowhere.

Isn't it the best?

It's like someone wrote a whole story using Jojo's Bizarre Adventure battle logic, and took out everything stylish or manly or awesome and replaced it with the characters from Ichigo 100%. It's like the author has no motivation at all. I imagine that his editor meetings he just sits there and says "yeah, I guess" or "that's fine" or "might as well" to everything brought up and just does it without thinking.

Omani Master 10-16

Fuck you Kitahara, Takagawa is a goddess!!

"Literally buckets of cum" had me laughing for a good minute or two. This is now getting good.

flawfuls

Ressentiment, Onani Master Kurosawa and Planetes are all completed and like 4ish volumes. Pluto, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Takemitsu Zamurai are 8ish volumes.

Cage of Eden

*finds thing that looks like the cross on top of a church sticking out of the ground*
*finds parts of a statue of an angel*

smartest guy in the group - "No, if something like a church was buried here, the top would be sticking out."

bigkrev

Eyeshield vol 13-14

First off, that cover art for vol 14! I'd totally hang a poster of that on my wall.
61KLJ%2BBLjuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2 really good volumes. The reveal of the Devil Bat Ghost move was awesome, and has such a cool visual effect. And after I complained that the games were getting too short, we had an entire volume dedicated to a single game that didn't even finish by the end of the book.

Also, when I started, i poised this question
3. With Sena being Sena and Himura having strong scrambling abilities, why are they running a base I-formation instead of something like a Flexbone (or even a Wishbone)? It would allow both of them to better utilize their running skills, and provide extra protection. It would probably also help Monta- Calvin Johnson, the best WR in the NFL, was in a Flexbone-based offense his entire college career.
and finally, they broke out the Wishbone in the game. And while they never used the actual term, they run the Triple Option that their team was built to run, and use it to great success!

I'm beginning to see why people are always reccomending this to people when they ask what to read next- I can't put this series down.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Eyeshield vol 13-14

First off, that cover art for vol 14! I'd totally hang a poster of that on my wall.
61KLJ%2BBLjuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2 really good volumes. The reveal of the Devil Bat Ghost move was awesome, and has such a cool visual effect. And after I complained that the games were getting too short, we had an entire volume dedicated to a single game that didn't even finish by the end of the book.
Yeah, the reason the manga blazes through some of the games is because the author wants to get to the games with the important characters.

Also, when I started, i poised this question

and finally, they broke out the Wishbone in the game. And while they never used the actual term, they run the Triple Option that their team was built to run, and use it to great success!

I'm beginning to see why people are always reccomending this to people when they ask what to read next- I can't put this series down.
The "Wishbone" gets namedropped later.

God damn, 100 chapters to bring up such a basic observation about the animals. And the gravestone thing is hilariously weak. They really don't recognize requiescat in pace?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God damn, 100 chapters to bring up such a basic observation about the animals. And the gravestone thing is hilariously weak. They really don't recognize requiescat in pace?

Japanese kids, remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom