• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News |OT7| This thread gets an F-; I quit; see you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
killingtrees5.jpg

a tale of brides and SHITBUGS

bigkrev

Eyeshield 21 vol 15

Well, the goal of this book was to get you hyped for the Deimon vs Seibu game, and it does a pretty good job at it. We got some backstory on Musashi to explain why he quit the team, and we meet Sena's "brother" Riku, who apart from existing as Fujoshi bait (not that i'm complaining....) adds another layer to the offense of Seibu and probably will let them run a full Air Raid package.

Tizoc

Reading Vol. 5 of JoJo Part 6 and Jumpin' Jack Flash
has the same ability as C-Moon, except C-Moon's is super-fied, WTF Araki @_@

killingtrees5.jpg

a tale of brides and SHITBUGS

Alright Vol. 4 is out, really enjoyed the art and series so far.

Atredeus

Neo Member
For MangaGaf who remembered my request.

I already caught up with Sket Dance, Suicide Island and Solanin. I'm not sure which manga I should start.

I'm thinking about 7 Seeds or JoJo Bizarre Adventure. Do anyone know any short completed manga on the list?

I reccommend Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, then Kekkaishi, then Flame of Recca. Kekkaishi is the longest, but Lucifer you can get through in a day, and Recca shouldn't take more than a couple days.

oni_saru

Molester Man 9

Holy Zen! Omg Loli really just did that! Wow! And he responded like THAT! This chapter was super entertaining. Haha wow. It was cute that he thought of Kansai though. The romantic dork in me went "d'aww" ^^'

upandaway

Gonna save Rin for the last since it seems so many people are floored by her route. Considering I was floored by Lilly's, I am looking forward to it.
How are you playing them so fast after each other? I needed a week of rest after Lily. Even then "resting" hasn't really helped me recover from KS as it did for other stories.. man.

I'd post more in the official thread if it didn't have so much of the team stuff going on

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
How are you playing them so fast after each other? I needed a week of rest after Lily. Even then "resting" hasn't really helped me recover from KS as it did for other stories.. man.

I'd post more in the official thread if it didn't have so much of the team stuff going on

Each night I played one route; I saved on every branching choice.

Last night I contemplated on going straight to Shizune after Lilly's; decided against it since I need to take a break after playing... well, reading is perhaps more apt, Lilly's route from 6.30 until near midnight. Need a break after all the feels, hahaha.

So this doctor enslaved dozens of people by... pushing pressure points with a pen? Like two old dudes could take this guy down. What are they afraid of? He already cured all of them.

Maron

There are some who think it maybe Akira.

Hell, with all the time-travel shenanigans it just maybe true.

But I remember him having some sort of grudge against Sengoku or something, plus last we saw him he was hanging out with Arita in a ditch while Sengoku and the others were up above doing something else...

Oh well...What an ending. I didn't have high expectations but man.

Gants

What was the point in introducing this guy so late...? He probably could have defeated the humans himself... This is a really bad set up. Not sure how even Kurono has a chance, given that he has beaten all the US team at the same time without breaking sweat...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
God's Beard reaction posting is a welcome break from the random "guy who wants to catch up on Naruto" reaction posting

upandaway

There's no time warp explanation that would deal with that, though. In his mind, the computers were 50 years old and he pulled out a modern HDD. Either he's making shit up or it's a mistake. Or somebody put the HDD in an old computer, which I doubt he would have overlooked.
There's no good explanation why he couldn't tell the age of the computers from their appearance and specs, but I'm assuming he estimated that from the appearance of the material and plants and all that

oni_saru

Molester Man 21

Another unexpected good one. So many laugh out loud moments. I'm glad molester ended up with Kansai. I ended up finding Loli really annoying. But it all worked out. Sachiko killed me. xD A+++

Also Lord Molester is best molester!!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kind of interested to participate.

Alright GAF, recommend me the shittiest manga that you can think of! I will endure reading them and post my impression!

And before some smart-ass say it, no, I don't accept Naruto.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What about my reaction posting?

God's Beard is my butt buddy from OT1 though

Alright GAF, recommend me the shittiest manga that you can think of! I will endure reading them and post my impression!

The problem with this request is that you're only going to get smart-ass answers since Naruto and Bleach are the only series people read religiously and simultaneously claim to hate. When people actually encounter something awful, they generally stop reading it. Then again, I'm still fucking reading Fairy Tail, so I might be a hypocrite.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Hahaha.

The problem with this request is that you're only going to get smart-ass answers since Naruto and Bleach are the only series people read religiously and simultaneously claim to hate. When people actually encounter something awful, they generally stop reading it. Then again, I'm still fucking reading Fairy Tail, so I might be a hypocrite.

Heh, you might be right. But that's why I'll endure reading it for them! But you are correct, most probably all I get are smart ass answers, hahaha.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Prince of Tennis
Rave

I wanted to recommend Nononono but the shitty parts of it is so hilarious that it becomes endearing.

I stopped reading all three, but sometimes I read a chapter or two to see how it goes. Prince of Tennis is the worst of the lot by far.

Angry Grimace

I learned a long time ago to not read or see anything without reviews. It's mostly thanks to my mom who would laugh at me in the video store for picking a shitty movie based on the cover.

Cage of Eden

*exploring dilapidated building's basement*
*elevator shaft is unusable and blocked*
*emergency stairway is collapsed and can only be used to go back up*
*only way down is a multi-story garbage chute*
*garbage chute drops from the middle of the ceiling, 20 feet to the floor covered in random, dangerous debris with no way back to the chute*

"Well, I need to explore"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Karin.

It's like twilight except everything is reversed.

Fuck, man. Entering a biohazard area, there are suits just sitting there and they walk in in their school uniforms? years of broken down systems for experimenting with extremely hazardous material and they just AGHAGHAHZGHZGAHJKGA

edit: reverse engineering extinct animals using jaguars and giraffe DNA? what the fuck am I reading

double edit: great, they come to the conclusion that there was a biological disaster in their stagnating, sealed-off lab and they still don't want the fucking suits

God's Beard reaction posting is a welcome break from the random "guy who wants to catch up on Naruto" reaction posting
What happened to that guy? I haven't read any impressions lately.

Wolf Guy, easily. It's pretty much the worst manga I've read. You should read it all.

Man this manga sounds extremely questionable.

He's probably playing the badness up. Wouldn't be the first time (comparing Shingeki to Gantz). Had it not been for the incredibly shitty non-ending, Cage of Eden would be a pretty good manga. There are enough reputable members in here that like it to at least make clear it has entertainment value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom