• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viz's announcing stuff:

CQ49071WEAAjjjq.jpg
CQ499I1WoAARWya.jpg

CQ4-OrvWUAAXV2n.jpg
CQ4-aH-WEAA_CnJ.jpg

CQ4-leXWsAAXwlM.jpg
CQ4-1QTWoAAaM88.jpg

FINALLLY

ALSO:

My Hero Academy ch. 61 (I think)

Good chapter. Great fight, looks like Bakugou's gonna be getting that character development. I hadn't ever really stopped to think about whether he had some kind of Freudian excuse for his behavior, but it seems to be building in that direction.

They're still gonna get their asses kicked :p

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 16

so much struggling from aiz
what happened to the mystery thriller a few chapters agooo

Sai

Boku no Hero Academia

I was hoping Bakugō would get thrashed a bit more severely. Flashbacks did nothing to make me dislike his character any less.

tsugumomo 77 part 1 & 2
so her kid is basically there just to provide a challenge for her?
Kanaka's been messed up. Remnants of the dead deity and Kazuya's reckless creation of Amasogi were just fuel on the raging fire.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

Whatever Bakugou thinks about Deku is irrelevant as long as he realizes he can only win if they work together. I'm okay with Bakugou continuing to be a jerk if he just continues that mindset of doing things he hates if he knows he needs them to win.

My Hero Academia

Whatever Bakugou thinks about Deku is irrelevant as long as he realizes he can only win if they work together. I'm okay with Bakugou continuing to be a jerk if he just continues that mindset of doing things he hates if he knows he needs them to win.

I'd like to see him become a little bit less of a jerk. I'm cool with him thinking he's better than the rest of the class, acting like a general asshole most of the time, but he needs to be able to put that shit away during a crisis, and it'd help if he actually cared about other people under it all. As is, he's basically a villain going to the hero school.

Umibozu

Gleipnir 1
Shuichi is a high school student who is aimlessly going about his life. He wants to stay out of any spotlight and avoids things that would put him in it. He feels he's not normal, there is something lingering within him. One evening he comes across a fire, and would like to walk away but smells someone in the fire. He becomes a monster, not just any monster but a animal costume monster. He saves the girl and walks away. Unfortunately he dropped his phone while saving her and she gained consciousness during the incident and saw him.

The story can be interesting, I look forward to the turns it will take.

Kanaka's been messed up. Remnants of the dead deity and Kazuya's reckless creation of Amasogi were just fuel on the raging fire.
Very true, I suspect kazuya's actions were inadvertently guided by his mother though.

I'd like to see him become a little bit less of a jerk. I'm cool with him thinking he's better than the rest of the class, acting like a general asshole most of the time, but he needs to be able to put that shit away during a crisis, and it'd help if he actually cared about other people under it all. As is, he's basically a villain going to the hero school.
Bakugo iS going to need a more in depth story for that, likely involving someone he needs to protect. Though I expect him to always be a bit abrasive and vulgar

As is Bakugo pretty much epitomizes the type of "hero" stain hated. He's really only in it for glory and because he thinks it's cool, his heart isn't really in it. And given stain's impact on the villain alliance, I'm sure this will come up at some point

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As is Bakugo pretty much epitomizes the type of "hero" stain hated. He's really only in it for glory and because he thinks it's cool, his heart isn't really in it. And given stain's impact on the villain alliance, I'm sure this will come up at some point

I disagree. Bakugou's superiority complex has some deeper meaning behind it, it's just too blatant to not have some sort of pay off later down to road.

It's Iida whose ideals clashed with Stain's the most, I mean that was the point of the arc. It was development for Iida.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

Eh if it was up to Stain most of the class would be gone, I don't think any single member will stand out in that aspect.

My Hero Academia

Eh if it was up to Stain most of the class would be gone, I don't think any single member will stand out in that aspect.
I think thats true, but Bakugo seems much more so than the others

Also, I'm not talking about Stain himself, but people inspired by his beliefs

I disagree. Bakugou's superiority complex has some deeper meaning behind it, it's just too blatant to not have some sort of pay off later down to road.

It's Iida whose ideals clashed with Stain's the most, I mean that was the point of the arc. It was development for Iida.
It wasn't his ideals, since Iida wasn't acting on his ideals. stain's problem with Iida was that he was fighting him for personal reasons rather than to help people. Bakugo is worse in that regard since to Stain even Bakugo's ideals are twisted

My Hero Academia

Everyone was actually coloured well in the Bonus poll pages... I usually feel that when an author colours his/her characters it is usually off compared to fan colours but some stuff are spot on.

Emotional drama between two love birds

Props to Viz, though they are lacking in Shogakukan announcements. Was hoping for Adventures of Sinbad with the anime coming next spring but I don't think Magi is selling well here....

Droplet

I wouldn't really say Iida's little development was very well planned out in the first place, but Bakugou's whole character is pretty clearly just a big foil for Midoriya so that he can develop faster. I don't think the reason his superiority complex hasn't been addressed in a meaningful way is because it's being saved for something else in the future, but just because it makes it way easier to write the other characters when they seem complex and he's just a gigantic raging asshole.

Speaking of, one of the things I really like about this series is that aside from Todoroki, most of the characters don't really feel like shounen characters. That isn't to say they don't act like them, but that their backgrounds actually seem slightly believable to explain why they act the way they do. Bakugou's a big asshole because he was basically able to brute force his way through life and nobody was able to put him down as a child, and we're shown that as an explanation for his character over what commonly feels like someone giving us a missing puzzle piece. Given the nature of the genre and how much easier it is to default on dark and broody pasts to make us sympathize, I really respect that the author is actually trying to develop them beyond the more common "moving on from your past".

Boku no Hero Academia 62

boring poll zzzz but holy shit that drop from 3 to 4

Time for Bakugou to stop being the worst thing about this series?

To Love-Ru Darkness 60

I bet Nemesis' plan is to just have Darkness versions of all the girls, that doesn't make sense but it's a 1 up and it gives Yabuki an excuse to draw lewd ass shit

Darn I wish Kurobas wasnt going to be in the 2 in 1 volume format :(

Fortunately Haikyuu!! will be regular. Summer 2016 needs to hurry (For Black Clover and HQ).

hm, would have preferred single volumes cause I like the covers but better than nothing

I guess it would take only 4 or so years to get them all out instead of 8? lol

gonna be a long while though if all this stuff isn't coming out until summer 2016 zzzzzz

Darn I wish Kurobas wasnt going to be in the 2 in 1 volume format :(

Fortunately Haikyuu!! will be regular. Summer 2016 needs to hurry (For Black Clover and HQ).
I'll take it, since the series is already finished and retailers really like that format. What I don't like is them referring to them as the Miracle Generation. The Generation of Miracles just sounds so much more majestic.

Shirobako: Ueyama Koukou Animation Doukoukai 1

Prequel about Shirobako when they were in their high school days. They still look the same as when they are adults tho

Miyamori so genki

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

This is 2 cute 4 me.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 189

I love how the groom's face isn't even shown. Not even pretending that there are any other male characters worth a damn beyond Shuu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom