• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou 52

0UCtgis.png

Definitively, some robots aren't compatible with alcohol.

edit: up to 58. This is mono no aware as fuck,
including the eventual bitter-sweet ending, I imagine. There has been some hints about it. The kids will grow up and she will be left behind, the two old people are that, old people and in a few years they will die, while she is left alone in her coffee house.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 189

I love how the groom's face isn't even shown. Not even pretending that there are any other male characters worth a damn beyond Shuu.

I like how he asks "are you sure you're okay with this" to the 16 girl he is marrying by force in some kind of weird basement ritual

Wiseblade

Finally, Haikyuu gets an English language release!

Have I become that guy for the series, the way Kurita and Chari-bro are for ES21 and Baby Steps?

Tokyo Ghoul:re 48

Wow was this chapter really fast, but damn was it good. All these cliffhangers though, sweet Jesus. I'm glad to see Tsukiyama manning up against Haise because it's either live or die at this point. Also RIP
Shimoguchi
you were always a good person at heart. Sweet dreams my friend. Kanae is a completely savage beast, damn.

Man is Matsumae's Kagune fantastic with her shield as well as Mirumo's. She's definitely Tsukiyama's knight. However, hopefully
Ihei doesn't die because I really want to see more of her.
Also this chapter had some really good art.

Well they're fucked.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 48

to much shit happening at the same time this is like dressrosa but worse

I don't know about that considering Dressrosa lasted about 100 dreadful chapters and this is coming from a One Piece fan.

Nothing's worse than the pacing Dressrosa had. Even the climax didn't save the arc for me.

It's not really a fight, more like an execution.

That's why i liked it so much. The author is so often reliant on words to describe scenes, but there it was mostly done in a strictly visual manner, with a completely different art style. Aside from the explanation about her nen being empowered after death, everything else was conveyed on the fly.

Then killua arrives later and provides the details.

Hey man. Pitou managed to take an arm from Gon. And then Pitou died.

got the order mixed

Skull caved in => death => en power boost => pitou stance chops off arm => spirit jankenpomb

i mean, at least they say that the reason her stance got a buff was due to death, and it was previously mentioned that such things sometimes happen. Then gon shoves his arm through her torso and vaporizes the scene.
--
Loving the family bits revolving around killua's family.

kewlmyc

Nisekoi 189:

No seriously, how does Raku plan to stop this? Kidnap her? Yeah, kidnapping the only daughter of the head of police is totally not going to cause a huge problem, especially when it's the yakuza doing it.

Wiseblade

Hey man. Pitou managed to take an arm from Gon. And then Pitou died.
He literally took Pitou into the woods and turned her into paste. There's no "at least I got a couple shots in" wiggle room with this.

This just reminded me of my biggest gripe with Dragonball: there are absolutely no even fights. Someone is always getting dominated. Who is dominating who may change over the course of a fight, but at any given point, someone is getting wrecked.

He literally took Pitou into the woods and turned her into paste. There's no "at least I got a couple shots in" wiggle room with this.

This just reminded me of my biggest gripe with Dragonball: there are absolutely no even fights. Someone is always getting dominated. Who is dominating who may change over the course of a fight, but at any given point, someone is getting wrecked.

That's sort of a side effect of there not really being any martial arts component to DBZ (DB did better, but still) fights. It's all demonstrating power levels; who can shoot the bigger energy blast, hit harder, move faster. Physical technique doesn't really ever play a role.

Wiseblade

That's sort of a side effect of there not really being any martial arts component to DBZ (DB did better, but still) fights. It's all demonstrating power levels; who can shoot the bigger energy blast, hit harder, move faster. Physical technique doesn't really ever play a role.
Yep. It wasn't an issue when Goku strolled through the Red Ribbon Army as a joke, but it meant the genre shift had moved the fights into empty space.

Jackie Chun vs Goku and Tien vs Goku was pretty damn even, especially Tien vs Goku.

HxH 330-349

On one hand, yaaay, backgrounds and proper art, even if character designs are suffering a bit. Guess someone forced him to hire some assistants.

On the other hand, dear gods, 20 chapters of rule dump.

dani_dc

Nisekoi

I'm actually confused about the relationship between Marika parents, Marika mother attitude and story implies she was also forcefully married, but Marika father is about the same age as her and seems to be against forced marriage.

I guess they could had both have been forced married to each other, but I get the impression Komi just didn't think about it.
Nisekoi 189:

No seriously, how does Raku plan to stop this? Kidnap her? Yeah, kidnapping the only daughter of the head of police is totally not going to cause a huge problem, especially when it's the yakuza doing it.

The head of the police was also against this if you recall, he wouldn't do much of a serious effort to get back at Raku.

Re:Marina 42-49

well that was some ending, lol

definitely felt rush there, with everything just resolving by themselves with no drama the series like doing

I mean I did like their relationship at least so it wasn't a total wash of a read

And manager is still do dreamy~

Arabesque

Nisekoi

I'm actually confused about the relationship between Marika parents, Marika mother attitude and story implies she was also forcefully married, but Marika father is about the same age as her and seems to be against forced marriage.

I guess they could had both have been forced married to each other, but I get the impression Komi just didn't think about it.

I don't know how you could tell they are both the same age, given how young Chika looks (to the point where Raku mistook her for Marika's sister).

And even people in arranged marriages might fall for one another sometimes. We know that she married Marika's father because it was decided by her mother after she repelled, but from what he said it seems there's more to their story than just that. I mean, she listened to him and allowed Marika to go do her thing for those past 3 years, so I guess she values him on some level.

Guess we'll see.

Qurupeke

Tokyo Ghoul: re 48

I didn't really expect Tsukiyama being the one that instigated the fight. Too bad, it seems like he'll die soon, unless Kanae saves him. Also, Ihei was stabbed. Damn it.

Droplet

Black Clover 33

Oh no, the magic person is doing magic! And I have had magic cast upon me! What new and creative plan and/or plot device can I use to get out of this one?!

O-oh, use my anti-magic sword on it? Wow, that's definitely not how every single conflict thus far has been resolved!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seitokai Yakuin domo vol. 10-11
Somehow, i haven't gotten tired of reading the same joke over and over again...

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch171

Mighty interesting indeed.

Zweizer

Banned
One Punch-Man ch52.4

He's gonna need to wait a long while, or find a much bigger fish.

One Punch-Man ch52.5

Poor Fubuki. King is the strongest after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom