• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negmia ~233

Woah when the fuck was Asuna captured? I guess the better question is also who the hell took her place and has tricked the main cast? I assume it's one of Fate's pactio girls who hasn't been revealed yet but damn I can't even think of a moment when the switch happened.

Also the story of Nagi, his party, and I assume Negi's mother the princess was pretty awesome. I find it almost too cliche that Fate's father/former body? was Nagi's rival.

of course its easy to feel that kodansha is being too conservative when they only really announced three new titles and one of them is yet another AoT title ~_~
I mean just look at their damn release calendar, they release like four books a month and other publishers can't license Kodansha works. Baby Steps and Ace of The Diamond are pipe dreams, I don't fault them for not releasing them here. But there are plenty of shone, seinen and shoujo manga under their banner that they can release that fits their criteria. I already own all of Haikyuu, The Bastekball Which Kuroko Plays and Yowamushi Pedla but I am definitely buying them when they are released here.

NY Times Manga Top Sellers Sep 27-Oct 3
*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*3. Attack on Titan Vol.1
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends Vol.2
*6. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
*7. Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol.3
*8. The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol.2
*9. My Hero Academia Vol.1
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2

Previous Week
*1. Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.11
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*3. The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol.2
*4. Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign Vol.6
*5. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*8. Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol.3
*9. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
10. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.7

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2

Previous Week
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
I still will never know how AoT V.1 manages to get in the top 10 from time to time.

*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2

Previous Week
*2. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
Why does nobody buy Magi? I'm surprised Death Note is not back on that list...

*1. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Big Hero 6 Vol.2
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2

Upcoming will be interesting since Viz released so much stuff.

Viz should've licensed Kingdom or Gunjou Senki. GS isn't that long and you can market it pretty well. Kingdom would print money here if you marketed properly but these publishers are too busy making excuses rather than reasons why it would succeed. I don't want to spend 300 dollars on Amazon JP on the bundle to catch up....

mdubs

Banned
I mean just look at their damn release calendar, they release like four books a month and other publishers can't license Kodansha works. Baby Steps and Ace of The Diamond are pipe dreams, I don't fault them for not releasing them here. But there are plenty of shone, seinen and shoujo manga under their banner that they can release that fits their criteria. I already own all of Haikyuu, The Bastekball Which Kuroko Plays and Yowamushi Pedla but I am definitely buying them when they are released here.

That's not true, Kodansha licenses out to other pubs. I wish Kodansha USA would do more, but again, they are a small operation that isn't going to take on more than they can handle

Dekoboko Animation 01

6IFl3Id.jpg

the struggles of a guy being an animator

not bad, shows off the struggles well, the characters are fun and...

oh it got axed recently, fun

Ross61

I need some recommendations for new manga to read. Now, typically I love Battle shounen and I currently read or have read :Naruto, (finished), Bleach(cancelled), One Piece(on hold to get caught up), both Breaker, Ares, Tower of God, Attack On Titan,Noblessee,One Punch Man, All Rounder Meguru,The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer(and the author's other manga), My Hero Academia, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dorohedoro, Murcielago, Holy Land, Kingdom, Magi,Atack On Titan, Tokyo Ghoul/Re, Feng Shem Ji, Vinland Saga, Berserk, Veritas, Battle through the Heavens, Shoukoku No Altair, Toriko and Assassination Classroom. Now I'm just trying to expand my taste. I have enjoyed the animes of Monster and GTO so I know I like different genres other than action.So I just need new or old mangas that you guys think are superb and make you appreciate manga. Please no smut manga because that's not really what I'm interested in.

Usobuko

Banned
I need some recommendations for new manga to read. Now, typically I love Battle shounen and I currently read or have read :Naruto, (finished), Bleach(cancelled), One Piece(on hold to get caught up), both Breaker, Ares, Tower of God, Attack On Titan,Noblessee,One Punch Man, All Rounder Meguru,The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer(and the author's other manga), My Hero Academia, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dorohedoro, Murcielago, Holy Land, Kingdom, Magi,Atack On Titan, Tokyo Ghoul/Re, Feng Shem Ji, Vinland Saga, Berserk, Veritas, Battle through the Heavens, Shoukoku No Altair, Toriko and Assassination Classroom. Now I'm just trying to expand my taste. I have enjoyed the animes of Monster and GTO so I know I like different genres other than action.So I just need new or old mangas that you guys think are superb and make you appreciate manga. Please no smut manga because that's not really what I'm interested in.

Animal Kingdom
Battle Angel Alita
Blame!
Blade of the Immortal
Konjiki no Gash Bell
Lone Wolf and Cub
Shin Angyo Onshi
Vagabond

Hinamatsuri, Yotsuba! for SOL comedy.

Alice in Borderland for survival game genre.

And if you want splendidly absurd, over the top, crazy hype martial arts manga, Kengan Ashura.

upandaway

How about:

Gintama
Yotsuba&
Baby Steps
Molester Man
Otoyomegatari
Shokugeki no Soma

Tried to suggest a bunch of different things so see what sticks, they're all popular/well liked here, if you have a more concise list of what you like it'll be easier to tailor it to you

Hunter x Hunter, so you can suffer with the rest.

Some of my typical recommendations:

Nausicaa
Akira
Angel Densentsu
Please save my Earth
Eden
Gunslinger Girl
Hotel
Planetes
The Music of Marie
Blade of the Immortal
Ran to Haiiro no Sekai
Bush Hashiru
Helter Skelter

dumbyugi

Here's a few non-action/not lewd series I like:

Yotsuba&
Aria
Ikigami
Sakamoto Desu ga?
Tohai Densetsu Akagi
Kaiji
Hayate no Gotoku!
Dungeon Meshi
Death Note

You should also try out the Assassination Classroom authors previous series, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.

Zweizer

Banned
Koe no Katachi was popular here right?

Oh my, that's mighty promising.

On top of the recommendations above, try Me and the Devil Blues, Solanin, Goodnight Punpun, Kokou no Hito and Boys on the Run.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Koe no Katachi was popular here right?

Kyoani!?
Woah, this is gonna be good.

Others already gave solid recommendation, so here's mine.

Drifting Classroom (a horror manga about elementary school student who got transferred to another world)

Rurouni Kenshin (a story about swordman that refuse to kill)

Dragon's seven adorable children (Short stories compilation about dragon)

I Am Hero (a story about mangaka who try to survive zombie apocalypse)

Saikyo Densetsu Kurosawa (A tales of 40 y.o guy who try to fix his own life)

1/11: Juuichi Bun no Ichi

dani_dc

Kiss My Ass 11

Oh wow, she actually confessed and got rejected!
And then she asks him to put something up her butt.

Im shocked, I did not expect her to confess.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fairy Tail 456

It's amazing how Lucy's final battle in the series involves her getting naked and getting in a tub with another girl

Is it confirmed this is the last arc of Fairy Tail?

I only ask because while it feels like it would not be shocked if after this "final battle" they go back to status quo until the next final battle.

Is it confirmed this is the last arc of Fairy Tail?

I only ask because while it feels like it would not be shocked if after this "final battle" they go back to status quo until the next final battle.

Considering Zeref is leading this force himself and Acnologia is also headed there if this isn't the finale it'll take some amazing bs or a "whole new world with a brand new villain" to keep this going

Lain

Innocent
Historie
Black Joke

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Considering Zeref is leading this force himself and Acnologia is also headed there if this isn't the finale it'll take some amazing bs or a "whole new world with a brand new villain" to keep this going

Ah was hoping something official was said.

Yeah definitely agree with you though.

dani_dc

Attack on Titan 74

Erwin is not surviving much longer, that scene with Armin was obvious set up for this, if the chat between Erwin and Levi a chapter or two ago.

That scene between Levi and Reiner was slick.

Zweizer

Banned
Mizutama Puzzle by Hidaka Shoko

A short love story featuring two seemingly aimless individuals. The guy's behavior is a bit creepy, but otherwise it's pretty nice, and it's not too often that there is a story where the woman being older than the man is seriously taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom