• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Chapter 4
tumblr_nyn4n9dfYv1qbxqfpo1_500.png

tumblr_nyn4n9dfYv1qbxqfpo2_500.png
I think many of the characters are OoC when compared with the anime, but four chapters now I see they were made to be somewhat different which gives this a special place in my heart. I like the Sawatari Sora thing going on while Yuuya-oniichan with Yuuto is kind of like the Astral Yuma thing, which I loved.

Kurita

Well, that's actually a character called Asada (introduced in the previous volume), but I guess he may indeed be based on Asano?
(Asada is a piece of shit though.)

I see, I'm not there yet so I didn't know. But yeah, even Asano commented on it so I'm pretty sure it's on purpose.

I don't mind if the authors are trying to portray an interesting relationship after they've hooked up, though evidently so far they have yet to suceed.

eh its (sadly) way better than the author trying to go out of the box and help the other characters (which is unfortunate since i don't mind them and would love some more progress)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Wagamama Chie 1-5
A manga about a ghost(?) by Takako Shimura...(at least that's what i think)
At first, i was like, oh, so this Saho girl can see an amnesiac ghost called Chie. Could be good, okay, let see where this going.

And suddenly, Chie can see another ghost that Saho can't see (a ghost that can only be seen by another ghost... now where's that Xzibit.gif?). And suddenly, that ghost is actually a cat despite looking like a normal high school girl, and Saho was the ghost all along. Wait, what? It's all just a dream!?

And the story shift with Chie as the main focus, about her feeling guilty about Saho death due to unknown accident and at this point, i'm not even sure if Saho is a ghost or if she's just a hallucination. Shit was wack yo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't mind if the authors are trying to portray an interesting relationship after they've hooked up, though evidently so far they have yet to suceed.

Getting boring after they get together isn't just a manga trope, its a universal fiction trope. Shit, its a relatively universal non-fiction trope.

In Love Hina, the confession arc took like 50 chapters and then they skipped straight to the wedding after this really awkward Naru/Keitaro sex arc where Ken apparently figured out how horrible it was trying to show them having a relationship.

Zweizer

Banned
eh its (sadly) way better than the author trying to go out of the box and help the other characters (which is unfortunate since i don't mind them and would love some more progress)

Still weird how awkardly the side characters' relationships got handled. Ah well, hopefully it'll get better.

Getting boring after they get together isn't just a manga trope, its a universal fiction trope. Shit, its a relatively universal non-fiction trope.

In Love Hina, the confession arc took like 50 chapters and then they skipped straight to the wedding after this really awkward Naru/Keitaro sex arc where Ken apparently figured out how horrible it was trying to show them having a relationship.

Yeah I'm aware of that, but thankfully there are series that manage to handle it well, and I think Horimiya has the potential to do that too (like with the SM thing, even if it got a bit weird).

Quasar

Yeah. See the whole Moonlighting curse. Thats echoed around US tv for decades.

And I'll admit I feel that quite a bit, even now. I lost interest in both Bones and Castle with that. That might just be purely writers unable to make it interesting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah. See the whole Moonlighting curse. Thats echoed around US tv for decades.

And I'll admit I feel that quite a bit, even now. I lost interest in both Bones and Castle with that. That might just be purely writers unable to make it interesting.
No that's what happens in real life also

It's starts really exciting and sooner or later you're poopin with the door open

One Punch Man Vol.03

great use of double page spreads going on here

the short stories that haven't been adapted were also pretty fun to read

always cool to see full head of hair saitama

Berserk 342

986 - Leif Erikson lands in Greenland.
1492 - Christopher Columbus lands in the New World.
1519 - Magellan circumnavigates the world.
2015 - Guts and his JRPG party reach Elfheim. History has been made once again.

Never forget.

I feel like there is now hope Berserk will actually finish at some point.
None for HxH though, there hasn't been a chapter this entire year, Togashi has at least managed a chapter a year. Not this time.

Berserk is split into three very distinct parts. The beginning, the middle, and then the end. The beginning ended when
Griffith was reborn,
the middle will end once Casca is healed, and then everything after that will be classed as the end. That all lines up with when Miura said the story is about 60-70% complete in 2009. The fact that it's hard to predict exactly where the story will go after Casca is recovered is exhilarating. We have good times ahead my friends!

bobohoro

Boku No Hero Academia 69

Well, that was intense. 'twas two quite fine chapters I'd say.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 55

You know, as long as I can have Kaneki fucking shit up I don't even care that I don't care for all the other characters in this manga.

Edit: Oh yeah, also got the final volume of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer today. Best series complete. Now just have to find time to do a re-read with all the hype and manly tears you'd suspect.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re

Besides the obvious sadness
due to Shirazu's death, RIP :(
, did anyone else find the first two pages rather tragic? Odds are we'll never get the back story there, but it seems to me that
Noro was Eto's parent, for all intents and purposes. Considering it looked to be someone the manager trusted, I wonder how she got so fucked up.

Based on the skull, seems he was long dead and just moving on account of Eto's kagune. Why would it have spoken before death though..

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul: Re

Besides the obvious sadness
due to Shirazu's death, RIP :(
, did anyone else find the first two pages rather tragic? Odds are we'll never get the back story there, but it seems to me that
Noro was Eto's parent, for all intents and purposes. Considering it looked to be someone the manager trusted, I wonder how she got so fucked up.
V or someone killed her. Eto implanted the husk with her "bone"

Is what seems to be the most plausible theory to me for now.

TG :re
RIP Shirazu, you were the only likeable Quinx.
Ishida didn't even deign to give you a peaceful death. ;_;

As much as I enjoy this new no nonsense and memory recovered Kaneki, the powerlevels seem to be getting out of hand, both in the Noro fight and now with Kaneki going toe to toe with Eto. I hope it turns out she just wasn't taking him very seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom