• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Dafuq? Dude's fucken crying in front of his hot ladyfriend because he's not the best at rock music and can't outdraw a major label band at their first major gig?

I kinda assumed this was leading to Fuuka joining the band but I don't even know now. She's not even doing anything other than hanging out in a special club for Hot Rock Star Girls Who Want Haruna's Dick™, a surprisingly non-exclusive club with 4 current members (and would have had 5 if Fuuka1 was alive to be in it)

UQ Holder

Backstory galore. I have to say the last 20 chapters made me like Tota a lot fucking less. He just seems like an idiot tool who says Negi shit all the time now, except without any of the good parts of Negi. Someone on SA pointed out something funny: there's only 6 people in Negi's class who didn't have Magic powers by the end of the series.

Famassu

I think my favorite part of Happiness is how the art goes full Van Gogh whenever vampire vision triggers.
Very Van Gogh

Happiness%21_game_cover.jpg

;P

I assume this Happiness! visual-novel-also-adapted-to-a-manga is not the same Happiness you people are talking about?

UQ Holder

Backstory galore. I have to say the last 20 chapters made me like Tota a lot fucking less. He just seems like an idiot tool who says Negi shit all the time now, except without any of the good parts of Negi. Someone on SA pointed out something funny: there's only 6 people in Negi's class who didn't have Magic powers by the end of the series.

I actually like him more. Instead of the normal hot blooded super series shonen leads, we have a kid who's more a 'focused on the goal, but still a joyful, loving kid' sort of thing. He confessed to the girl he loved, and admitted that love is something he's willing to spread around.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Finished this after having picked it up a year ago. It was pure, concentrated mono no aware. I kind of wish we learned more about their world but I think that would also defeat the point of the narrative.

Dungeon Meshi 21

78Kzl99.png

When the stats on your gear are good but it looks terrible

Laius is wearing the frog that got cleaved by Sensei's axe.
Marcille is wearing the frog that Clikclak killed with the trap.
Sensei is wearing the frog that Marcille blew up with magic.
Chilchak is wearing the leftover scraps.

Amazing attention to detail.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 253

It's not like i'm questioning Tomo's ability to play Othello but... i'm questioning Tomo's ability to play Othello.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Laius is wearing the frog that got cleaved by Sensei's axe.
Marcille is wearing the frog that Clikclak killed with the trap.
Sensei is wearing the frog that Marcille blew up with magic.
Chilchak is wearing the leftover scraps.

Amazing attention to detail.
:0 i didn't notice that

Dungeon Meshi 21
I know that thing going to stuck on them the moment Laius finished it the same time as Senshi. This is not rpg game crafting after all.

If by "advance" you mean "stay exactly the same" then yeah, it did.

Even then you can see an evolution in his designs. It's more obvious if you actually look at the internal artwork for each series. Ai Love you is very, very rough compared to UQ holder.

Each series actually has some nice internal art progression going on. Even looking at say, the start of Negima compared to later chapters.

phaze

Nisekoi

lol Komi continues his relentless war on waifus. I know people joked about the last year being another 100 chapters but with (soon) only two combatants remaining, it's hard to envision that.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection +Tsurezure Children 1+40

I sushi this. A very enjoyable set of comedic and romance centered 4 koma's. The extensive cast manages to give it a lot variety but goddamit sometimes it's hard to remember certain pairings, especially since there are like 6-7 identically looking male characters.

Zweizer

Banned
Oshiete! Gyaruko-chan ch15

Such incredible power of persuasion~

The New Kurosawa ch48

Oh Kurosawa. Well, at least it's better than moping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom