• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga 10-11

Just as a note, please talk to the dudes in charge if your account gets hacked, okay. And please don't let them brush you away, that's serious business.

/\/\/\
Thanks, I'll put my life in your hands and try this one.

This is definitely going to end badly for me. If I never come back, someone please take my slot in the Suzuka reading.

Also, I wish there were some way for me to make an amazon.jp order while I'm there.
Congrats, the food should be interesting

Kurita

Senyuu 4 02

f2icCI8l.jpg

The ultimate dream.
Dude/girl on the left is right.

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess 03

Being smitten with a dense jrpg protagonist never ends well.

Revo

Kuro no Tantei 1-19

Is meh. Mysteries never really interested me and the characters never did anything for me.

Gintama 509

Don't let him dieeeeee

And the shogun is a total bro

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch1-3

Looks somewhat interesting so far, although the exotic words galore, rather sparse amount of world building and bland characters somewhat hamper my enjoyment. I hope it'll develop more as it's rather LN-tropey so far, though most of it isn't bad.

Ane Golem 02

Another dead older sister comes back in the form of a golem.

This could be interesting with its premise even though its kinda now just doing incest cliffhangers.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch4-6

Some more world building is always welcome, though I have to admit I cringed at that rare skill thing. How convenient.

Shishunki Bitter Change 10-11

I like that both parties are starting to make changes around them that the other person normally wouldn't have. Everything still feels all bitter though!

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch7-9

Huh, I was expecting more dungeon crawling to be honest, though things might get interesting now with the deities targetting the MC.

dani_dc

Fuuka 31

Shouldn't a high schooler have better English than that?
At least we got a band name.

Let's see Fuuka destroy Tama next chapter.
so I had an idea. I wanted everyone's opinions on it.

Ready???

MangaGAF SUZUKA (by MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji) READALONG EXTRAVAGANZA!

$_35.JPG

We all read Suzuka together (amount of chapters per week TBD. Is 5 too little? 10 too many?).

Anyone who quits will have to use a KNIM avatar for an amount of days equal to the remaining chapters.

For example: There are 167 chapters of Suzuka. If someone reads 67 chapters and then quits, they would have to use a KNIM avatar for 100 days.

THIS STACKS ON TOP OF YOUR NISEKOI PUNISHMENT.

Can also choose to start it as soon as they quit or once the full hate read is finished so we turn the thread into KNIM GAF

of course inspired by the glorious HxH betting pool.

Any takers?
I'm up for it.
I'm confident my Haru avatar will survive.
No dictionary

More fun that way

Also i fucking hate paris and the people there

Worst trip 2010
What made it so bad?
I was there that year and it was pretty pleasant.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 31

Shouldn't a high schooler have better English than that?
At least we got a band name.

Let's see Fuuka destroy Tama next chapter.

I'm up for it.
I'm confident my Haru avatar will survive.

What made it so bad?
I was there that year and it was pretty pleasant.

No? She's a Japanese person living in Japan. Why would she know English?

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch10-12

Cliché lines and cliché development (couldn't you just give hime the damn dagger?) and yet another awfully convenient tool. At least labyrinth city is a pretty neat concept, even if it must be a pain to live in it.

Quixzlizx

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch7-9

Huh, I was expecting more dungeon crawling to be honest, though things might get interesting now with the deities targetting the MC.

It is kind of cringy that random women/goddesses are falling for the blandest, whiniest protagonist ever, although he's way more sadsack in the LNs if you can believe that, since he has a constant negging inner monologue going on. Hestia-sama is the only one who has a decent reason, and he's clueless. Poor Hestia.

I prefer to think of it that he's just some unimportant narrator who gets gets randomly caught up with all of the important people who actually matter and move the world forward.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It is kind of cringy that random women/goddesses are falling for the blandest, whiniest protagonist ever, although he's way more sadsack in the LNs if you can believe that, since he has a constant negging inner monologue going on. Hestia-sama is the only one who has a decent reason, and he's clueless. Poor Hestia.

I prefer to think of it that he's just some unimportant narrator who gets gets randomly caught up with all of the important people who actually matter and move the world forward.

#manga

Zweizer

Banned

Yeah it's kind of laughable but sadly expected from a LN adaptation. I actually kind of liked it at the start when the manga just plop you into it and doesn't even introduce you to the MC, which gave him a more interesting role of being a witness rather than being some blatant author/audience avatar like he's become now.

I eagerly await to see all your suffering over reading this Suzuka manga.

Anyway, gonna see about getting myself up to the latest chapter in Prison School tonight. Got quite a bit left to read.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch13-15

Yaay. The harem grows. Got some armor that he's the only one who happens to see their value. What insight!

Sigh.

Caught up with this and, well, it's just average and bland, though I admit I rather like the concept of closely participating deities.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

man i look away for a second and my younger cousin becomes one of those hardcore anime fangirls. 0_o

What's she into?

I'll do a top 5 ongoing obscure manga ( under 500 count in MAL ) in no particular order.

Rin ( Harold Sakuishi )
Kakukaku Shikajika ( Akiko Higashimura )
Imawa no Kuni no Alice ( Asou Haro )
Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund ( Mitsuhisa Kuji )
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai ( Jun Sakura )

Wanted to have Moteki or Tsumi to Batsu: A Falsified Romance replacing Yugami but both were finished works.

I like you.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess ch3

This is pretty adorable, with the deities just being cute and stuff. Much better than the main series.

Although I still don't get why Hestia is considered the Goddess of poverty. That's not what Wikipedia tells me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom