• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to put a description to it, but I would say a less frustrating romance story that relies just as much on the atmosphere of the storytelling/character development, more so than the actual turn of events/drama revolving the story/relationships.

Eidt : Btw, just to add, when I say less frustrating, doesn't mean I expect it to be drama-free or rival-free. Just can't stand it when characters have not an ounce of trust, or act ridiculously irrationally to forward the plot/drama that makes you scream "this problem wouldn't exist if you both actually talked it out!". Or even the lame, occasionally used shoujo subplot of kuso-jijis trying to wreck someone else's romance because mah reasons!

It's sort of shoujo ai, and there's not much focus on the romance (it's more like strong admiration, anyway), but how about Himawari-san? Or Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun? I guess Taiyou no Ie would fit too.

MangaGAF SUZUKA (by MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji) READALONG EXTRAVAGANZA!

y u do dis

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still waiting for some poor, unfortunate soul to actually take mangaGAF's epithet for Seo at face value.

I won't hold it against them if they end up dousing this place in gasoline and throwing the match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm still waiting for some poor, unfortunate soul to actually take mangaGAF's epithet for Seo at face value.

I won't hold it against them if they end up dousing this place in gasoline and throwing the match.

I don't think Fuuka is.......bad. Not yet, anyways.

Otoyomegatari
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Ran and the Grey World
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.

Nice, seems like a good list. Will read later at work lol.

I don't know what you've already read so I'll just suggest what I know:

Prison School if you haven't read it yet. It's the best smut/romance/comedy/asses manga out there!

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is extremely fun, although it focuses more on comedy than romance due to its gag 4-panels format.

Yandere Kanojo is both funny and extremely sweet. If you'd like a romance that doesn't rely on "will they or won't they" ad nauseam, I suggest you check it out.

Other series that don't fit your length criteria but are extremely recommended regardless:
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (Completed): Tells the romance between a student and a ghost girl. Gorgeous art and likable characters with great atmosphere.
  • Horimiya (Ongoing): The romance between two students who are nothing like what their appearance suggests. Very sweet and can be pretty funny when not pulling at your heartstrings.
  • Jitsu wa Watashi wa (Ongoing): Probably one of the funniest romance comedies out there, with a crazy yet likable cast. One of the few series where I genuinely want everyone to be happy.

I think I've watched the anime version of Otome x Amnesia. Horimiya and Gekkan Shojo is already on my read list. Thanks a lot!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
its no secret

I don't know. I guess I would be lying if I said I don't like it so far. Akitsuki is kind of a likeable plucky girl character and its funny watching Tama get wreked by her fans and fail to pick up some random loser-guy.

somedevil

One just dropped a whole new One Punch man chapter. Very surprising when he usually just updates a chapter slowly.

Saitama is now A ranked.

dani_dc

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! 1-5

I'm unsure if this is a series about a girl accidentally getting into Precure or Yuri.

Lots of Precure references, all of which go over my head since I never watched the show, but regardless of that its an enjoyable read so far.

I do cringe anytime she touches her brother PC though. Must be my OCD, knowing what her brother does there.
tama will be winning :[
By the end of the series Tama won't even win at music sales, much less dating.
Okusan 1-14

...Dem hotdogs.

That's how she warms everything at home.

Quixzlizx

I'm kind of hoping Tama has some sort of mental breakdown at some point and goes all-in. Getting rejected by your destined guy for some girl with whom he actually fulfills your childhood happily ever after promise has got to sting.

Also, we can all just treat Suzuka as the Fuuka origin story.

Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou 16

UP2zG6M.jpg

This new arc is totally setting him up to summon personas arcanas to beat this shadow demon I guess? And I am completely looking forward to it!

dani_dc

You should correct such.
I'm kind of hoping Tama has some sort of mental breakdown at some point and goes all-in. Getting rejected by your destined guy for some girl with whom he actually fulfills your childhood happily ever after promise has got to sting.

Also, we can all just treat Suzuka as the Fuuka origin story.

Tama spiral from pure idol into AV idol due to emotional trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom