• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How about the nickname for those guys from Polar Star who are always in the background fighting?

Daigo Aoki and Shoji Sato

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grimace's Waifu, Grimace's Mistress

Yl9ohtd.jpg

dani_dc

Suzuka 0-29

Yamato is a pretty vanilla MC, he basically falls in love with Suzuka due to her sporting abilities alone, ignoring all her other personality traces, and obviously ignoring all other females around him as well, including a girl that likes him and is an actual good person.

Suzuka is also a pretty straight forward character, gets mad at Yamato for no reason, is happy when it's convenient to her, and that's about it. Obviously she has some feelings for Yamato due to him reminding her of a dead person, which somehow makes her be this polarizing to Yamato. She'll surely evolve past this but likely not until the very last arc of the series.

The story gets more interesting after focusing some more on the sports events, mostly due to adding diversity to the story than anything else.

The fanservice at the start caught me off guard, especially coming off KNIM and Fuuka, they both have fanservice but nothing on the level of Suzuka, thankfully it dones down quite a bit after the first two chapters.

The art is also rougher than Seo later works, girls faces in particular all look similar, if not for the hairs I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

As for predictions for what's to come, I'm guessing we'll see Honoka confess to Yamato soonish and him rejecting her, and somehow Suzuka will see this and will get annoyed at Yamato and yell more at him.

And with that I'm done with the first 30 chapters of Suzuka.

Sporting Salt 1-2

The drawings aren't consistent but oh well.... I have a feeling later (if the series gets that far) we will get a rival Sport Doctor from another school

Also there are a lot of real world references in this series

Angry Grimace

Slowkoro.

Food Lad
Food Dad
Best Girl
Slowkoro
Meat
Polar Star Boob Girl
Polar Star Genki Girl
Those Two Polar Star Guys
Naked-senpai
Curry Guy
Dark Souma
Loli Professor
French Guy (who is not French)
Italian DTL Fantasy Guy
Italian DTL Fantasy Guy's Brother
Copy Guy
Hishouko
Alice (she doesn't really have one because she has such a normal name)
Tomoko Kuroki
Huge Chinese Girl

Ana Satsujin 40

Anyone here played the original Dead Island?

Do you remember that one stupid girl who decided to help the gangsters in the police station, who repeatedly told everyone not to come there, and then got raped for her troubles?

Yeeeeeeah...

Glasses girl reminds me of her.

Particularly of her lack of intellect and reason.

Food Lad
Food Dad
Best Girl
Slowkoro
Meat
Polar Star Boob Girl
Polar Star Genki Girl
Those Two Polar Star Guys
Naked-senpai
Curry Guy
Dark Souma
Loli Professor
French Guy (who is not French)
Italian DTL Fantasy Guy
Italian DTL Fantasy Guy's Brother
Copy Guy
Hishouko
Alice (she doesn't really have one because she has such a normal name)
Tomoko Kuroki
Huge Chinese Girl

I thought Copy guy was Stalker guy, but that works too.

Angry Grimace

Also

Naked-sensei
Grandpa
Newspaper Kid
Smoking Guy
Glasses Guy
Angry Judge
Boob Judge
Short-Haired Tsundere Judge
Tadokoro-Obsessed Judge

I think that's basically all of the characters

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's Fermentation Girl, Hunting Girl, Smoke Guy and Study Guy.

And Bean Prince.

Angry Grimace

It's Fermentation Girl, Hunting Girl, Smoke Guy and Study Guy.

And Bean Prince.

There's someone out there, I forget who, who claims Yuuki as waifu, I forget who it is though.

dani_dc

Glass Mask Vol. 1-3

A story about a young girl and her dream to become an actress. Maya is a girl with low self-esteem and a poor background but she was born with a talent to tell tales by impersonating other characters.

This is caught on by Chigusa Tsukikage, an old actress that is trying to extend her existence into immortality by hand-raising the perfect actress to re-do her old role in "The Crimson Goddess".

Tsukikage takes advantage of Maya issues with her mother and her own self-esteem to take Maya under her wing, while her actions are ultimately helping Maya reach her dream, they are selfish actions with the goal of furthering her own ego.

The series paints Maya as an underdog in her rivalry with Ayumi, talent girl and daughter of a famous actress and a director, but despite the difference between the two, Maya is herself an extremely talented person able to perform at a high level despite her lack of experience.

Despite her talent, Maya does push herself to her limits to be able to understand or create a character, be it by living as a character for an entire week, or literally pushing herself to near death so she can understand what it is like to be in that position. Often times Tsukikage herself is the one to push Maya for such actions, not being afraid of abusing Maya for he to be able to grow as an actress.

The side-characters also add to the story, nearly everyone has their own motivation and goals and aren't afraid of taking measures to achieve their goals, there's a bigger world than just Maya dream of becoming an actress and the series manage to make that clear via it's side-characters.

The art itself is pleasant to the eye, very shoujo with some hints of Astroboy/Disney in some of the ligther scenes. With that said the panels can be a bit hard to follow at times, and so far that would be my biggest issue with the series.

The best thing I can say about the series is that I got lost reading it for hours, and despite reading 300-400 pages in a row I was still eager to continue reading and always made sure to carefully read all the lines rather than just skim over the text in a hurry to get to the next part of the story. I simply got lost and absorbed into the story and the characters struggles that I continued to read without realizing how long I had been reading.

Glass Mask Vol. 1-3

A story about a young girl and her dream to become an actress. Maya is a girl with low self-esteem and a poor background but she was born with a talent to tell tales by impersonating other characters.

This is caught on by Chigusa Tsukikage, an old actress that is trying to extend her existence into immortality by hand-raising the perfect actress to re-do her old role in "The Crimson Goddess".

Tsukikage takes advantage of Maya issues with her mother and her own self-esteem to take Maya under her wing, while her actions are ultimately helping Maya reach her dream, they are selfish actions with the goal of furthering her own ego.

The series paints Maya as an underdog in her rivalry with Ayumi, talent girl and daughter of a famous actress and a director, but despite the difference between the two, Maya is herself an extremely talented person able to perform at a high level despite her lack of experience.

Despite her talent, Maya does push herself to her limits to be able to understand or create a character, be it by living as a character for an entire week, or literally pushing herself to near death so she can understand what it is like to be in that position. Often times Tsukikage herself is the one to push Maya for such actions, not being afraid of abusing Maya for he to be able to grow as an actress.

The side-characters also add to the story, nearly everyone has their own motivation and goals and aren't afraid of taking measures to achieve their goals, there's a bigger world than just Maya dream of becoming an actress and the series manage to make that clear via it's side-characters.

The art itself is pleasant to the eye, very shoujo with some hints of Astroboy/Disney in some of the ligther scenes. With that said the panels can be a bit hard to follow at times, and so far that would be my biggest issue with the series.

The best thing I can say about the series is that I got lost reading it for hours, and despite reading 300-400 pages in a row I was still eager to continue reading and always made sure to carefully read all the lines rather than just skim over the text in a hurry to get to the next part of the story. I simply got lost and absorbed into the story and the characters struggles that I continued to read without realizing how long I had been reading.

Yes it is so good. The side characters are all good and they have their own arcs making them stand out.

Tsukikage sensei is so hardcore lol. And Maya is nuts.

dani_dc

Yes it is so good. The side characters are all good and they have their own arcs making them stand out.

Tsukikage sensei is so hardcore lol. And Maya is nuts.

It realy is, so far I'd recommend it to anyone that hasn't read it yet.

Tsukikage is the best sensei, those
slaps + starving Maya in a small tool house during the winter for a few days.

And Maya is the best kind of nuts.

I had no idea the series was as old (1976) as it is, and still on-going. Crazy.

Keijo!!!!!!!! 01

r5KQEUS.png

The only bad thing about it is that no one is translating any more chapters.

Ippo 1072

Takamura retina falling off sub-plot restart commence. Take a gander at how he holds his left eye and the different coloration.

Kakakakaka.

Mob Pyscho 60.5

I forgot about these awesome dudes
lol at Sagawa carry the whole team in scores

Mob Psycho 67.5

XXXXXX is a nice name
Lol who really defeated him

...Nice fan drawings at the end (makes you realize that you became accustomed to One's chicken scratch)

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1-54

Great series, everyone should read it, Seo is best

Gundam Sousei 1-8

Young Tomino looks like Riddick.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Tomoe Mami 1X Years Later Mami-san Around 30 Years Old Collection

This is fuckin depressing, poor Mumi-san

Re:Monster 7

Those goblins pants are kinda chafing, they should fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom